• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Quick U.S. Update

I talked to Tom at Boardwalk in Redwood city (Bay Area) today. They have 40 Emira's allocated and Los Gatos are getting 20, Corte Madera 5 I believe. That's a lot for one region. I again confirmed with him that no additional deposit will be required over 2500 and that MSRP is what I will pay (+ taxes,etc). Given that I put my deposit down 2 days after the announcement in July,2021, he assured me I will get a FE. He is thinking Sept Oct for delivery which is also when their demo will arrive. Their color discs and interior leather swatches should be coming by March.

I am going V6 Manual, sport suspension, black alcantara with red stitching for sure. Still finalizing colors but thinking Magma with black pack diamond lightweight wheels and yellow calipers.

Lastly, all the dealers are being very vocal of needing Lotus corporate support to improve service, part availability and marketing.
That makes me feel good. I put my deposit in with Kyle at Boardwalk. Didn’t get anything in writing but the expectation is no ADM. Now, I am #145 so no FE for me. I’m hopeful to get my base V6 M6 in mid-late 2023 or hopefully 2024 q1 at the latest.

That makes me feel good. I put my deposit in with Kyle at Boardwalk. Didn’t get anything in writing but the expectation is no ADM. Now, I am #145 so no FE for me. I’m hopeful to get my base V6 M6 in mid-late 2023 or hopefully 2024 q1 at the latest.
Yeah, at 145 they can’t expect mark-up when you could have it shipped for $1,500 enclosed anywhere in the US…

I also find Lotus of Naples a bit shady. I spoke to them today and two of their people are flying out tomorrow to London to finalize their 'plans'. Supposedly, when they get back, they will release more info.

The thing I find most shady about them is they don't want to tell me where I am in line. That seems to be pretty straight forward unless games are being played. The other shoe to potentially drop is adjusted dealer markups for the first ones chosen. Time will tell....
Appreciate your concern. This sounds odd. I had the impression all US dealers were beholden to Lotus Cars USA, which arranged the North America allotment and presumably dealer allocation. Any further meetings might have to do with accommodating the upcoming electric offerings and necessary infrastructure. London seems like a junket in the zoom Era. Someone in management owes you an explanation.

At this point I think most dealers know how many cars they're getting. Regardless of that they should be completely transparent about what number you are in the que. It comes across as very untrustworthy when a dealer won't say where you are in line. It's one thing to say they don't know if you are getting a FE based on allocation but another to say they don't know what place you are at all. Not a good look for Lotus

Has anyone received any information on allocations for Lotus Atlanta deposit holders? I have confirmed (two sources) they have 21 allocations with 70+ deposits, however they seem allusive on what's going on at this point notifying deposit holders. It seems other dealerships are much further along providing information to their deposit holders.

Has anyone received any information on allocations for Lotus Atlanta deposit holders? I have confirmed (two sources) they have 21 allocations with 70+ deposits, however they seem allusive on what's going on at this point notifying deposit holders. It seems other dealerships are much further along providing information to their deposit holders.
Is it about time that all the reported US Dealer allocations are aggregated into one list for easy reference?
Gaps are going to be obvious (and due an explanation).
Some also have a preliminary sense of their 2023 allocations.
Other missing pieces of the puzzle are Dealer demo car availability and Roadshow events.
If media reports surface in the next 30+ days there will be a race for Emira data. If dealers are dodging calls now., just wait......

My dealer likewise is not revealing their allocation. I spoke to them earlier in the week and cryptic language was being used b my salesman. But he gave me the impression that the allocation was not yet set so he didn’t want to say anything that he’d have to take back. It’s hard to trust that people are being straight with their customers. This is what happens when there’s no centralized oversight to insure fairness. Being #31 on the list at my dealer, I don’t see a first edition in my future unless lotus steps in with a change or if a bunch of folks decide they’d rather have an I4 FE or an own spec car. If there are shenanigans going on, it’s not in my best interests to antagonize the staff at the dealer that took my deposit. It’s not like I have another option. Pretty deflating after all this time and anticipation.
Is it about time that all the reported US Dealer allocations are aggregated into one list for easy reference?
Gaps are going to be obvious (and due an explanation).
Some also have a preliminary sense of their 2023 allocations.
Other missing pieces of the puzzle are Dealer demo car availability and Roadshow events.
If media reports surface in the next 30+ days there will be a race for Emira data. If dealers are dodging calls now., just wait......
I wish I could say I was surprised at this but, frankly, this is playing out much as I thought it would; dealers giving little info as to their allocations and their intention to honor early deposits.

Kudos to the dealers that aren’t engaging in any games up to this point.

I wish I could say I was surprised at this but, frankly, this is playing out much as I thought it would; dealers giving little info as to their allocations and their intention to honor early deposits.

Kudos to the dealers that aren’t engaging in any games up to this point.
Regardless if they have 5,000 deposits or 50,000 deposits worldwide, the communication process should be very simple and straight forward with their deposit holders, but it has not been that way with communication, or should I say no communication unless you start the conversation. Extremely frustrating that Lotus corporate doesn't demand higher standards.

At this point I think most dealers know how many cars they're getting. Regardless of that they should be completely transparent about what number you are in the que. It comes across as very untrustworthy when a dealer won't say where you are in line. It's one thing to say they don't know if you are getting a FE based on allocation but another to say they don't know what place you are at all. Not a good look for Lotus
All US dealers have been told their 2022 allocations. They have also all had a briefing from Lotus HQ in the last few weeks and been encouraged to communicate updates to customers. Any dealers withholding information or not communicating clearly and openly with their customers, then that's down to the dealers.

If you're finding your dealer is being unresponsive or won't share this info, please escalate it first to the dealer head and then to Lotus Cars USA.

@TomE fortunately I'm #1 at my dealer. The only reason I know this is because I had to tell them the car existed in the first place "Wait you want to buy the Evija?" they said. But I'm sure everyone behind me most likely has no clue. What I'm wondering is at what point do I lose my spot when I refuse an ADM? I guess that will be dealer dependant. I'm glad I get to set the example with the first emphatic NO! Hopefully others will follow and these dealers will be stuck making an honest profit instead of a ludicrous one

I think it's pretty clear Naples is a a shady dealership and are no doubt selling allocations. Don't forget this is the same place that refuses to service your Lotus if you didn't buy it from the
I also find Lotus of Naples a bit shady. I spoke to them today and two of their people are flying out tomorrow to London to finalize their 'plans'. Supposedly, when they get back, they will release more info.

The thing I find most shady about them is they don't want to tell me where I am in line. That seems to be pretty straight forward unless games are being played. The other shoe to potentially drop is adjusted dealer markups for the first ones chosen. Time will tell....
Same here… no release of allocation numbers either. you’d think they understand that these groups exist and we know that they’ve been told already. Guess we’ll see.

Agree...unless they are selling allocations to other dealers as speculated by others.

When I was at the reveal in Naples back in November, one of the sales guys got on the microphone in front of a hundred or so folks and says 'there's still time for you to put down a deposit and get this car in its first year of production".

I found this strange as it seemed to infer they had NOT gotten many deposits yet. Yet, another sales ploy.....
Heard that same announcement, ilaughed to myself when I heard it… it was a red flag too.

Appreciate your concern. This sounds odd. I had the impression all US dealers were beholden to Lotus Cars USA, which arranged the North America allotment and presumably dealer allocation. Any further meetings might have to do with accommodating the upcoming electric offerings and necessary infrastructure. London seems like a junket in the zoom Era. Someone in management owes you an explanation.
Reading these comments provides an added sense of unease to an already uneasy situation. I also have my deposit with Naples. I chose them over 4 local Lotus dealers just a few miles away because they seem more trustworthy and professional. Talk about "shady" I can share those stories on another thread with proof on just the deposit experience from the local Lotus dealers.

At the time the sales rep from Naples did promise NO ADM for confirmed pre-orders which he kept reiterating to me regarding their integrity and being the number #1 dealership. However, that would not apply to an Emira for sale on the lot. He did confirm my place in writing and mentioned a few AMG orders ahead of me, which should bump me up since I prefer driving with four limbs.

If they have an allocation of 50 I would fall somewhere in the middle of the pack which would mean I should be contacted sometime in March or April to spec/build based on their last email. That said, if they do have final allocation details confirmed they should let the people who chose to trust their business with them a heads up to better prepare and further our partnership in the near future. I truly hope there are no shenanigans and would absolutely dread a situation where my trust in their integrity and professional was betrayed.

Hopefully I will be able to share some positive news soon to dispel rather than confirm the rumors in this forum and social media.

Reading these comments provides an added sense of unease to an already uneasy situation. I also have my deposit with Naples. I chose them over 4 local Lotus dealers just a few miles away because they seem more trustworthy and professional. Talk about "shady" I can share those stories on another thread with proof on just the deposit experience from the local Lotus dealers.

At the time the sales rep from Naples did promise NO ADM for confirmed pre-orders which he kept reiterating to me regarding their integrity and being the number #1 dealership. However, that would not apply to an Emira for sale on the lot. He did confirm my place in writing and mentioned a few AMG orders ahead of me, which should bump me up since I prefer driving with four limbs.

If they have an allocation of 50 I would fall somewhere in the middle of the pack which would mean I should be contacted sometime in March or April to spec/build based on their last email. That said, if they do have final allocation details confirmed they should let the people who chose to trust their business with them a heads up to better prepare and further our partnership in the near future. I truly hope there are no shenanigans and would absolutely dread a situation where my trust in their integrity and professional was betrayed.

Hopefully I will be able to share some positive news soon to dispel rather than confirm the rumors in this forum and social media.
#ForTheShenanigans

I feel bad for you gents in the states that have to deal with ADM.
I remember when I lived in California the ridiculous adm's that were being charged by Honda dealers on the new Civic type-R, $5,000-$20,000.....for a Civic....!!!!!!!
I don't believe it's allowed here in Canada.

Yes. You have explained exactly my situation. End of this year I’ll wait. End of next year I’m buying another car and maybe just keep that if I love it or maybe trade it. But no information means I can’t make any rational decisions. I hate the lack of transparency with a passion.
Wow- almost ordered from them instead of the dealership that I did. My parents are in Naples, so I considered ordering from them and driving it back home, combining it with a family visit. Seems I dodged a bullet.

I knew I was number 8 in line the day I put down my deposit at my dealership. Such a shame that some dealers are playing games. I was in their dealership last weekend; I had gone down to see the Naples car show.

My day/week/month/year is ruined thanks to this thread... I broke down and contacted my rep at Lotus Miami just now. Nice as could be gentleman informed me that I am #14 with a total of NINE (9) FE allocations for delivery in '22.

My day/week/month/year is ruined thanks to this thread... I broke down and contacted my rep at Lotus Miami just now. Nice as could be gentleman informed me that I am #14 with a total of NINE (9) FE allocations for delivery in '22.
NICE!

Yeah I'm kind of screwed. I'm basically #50 for Base Model prod in 2023 for what I'm assuming is MY2024.

All FE's in Georgia have been accounted for already. Which is fine, since I didn't want an FE to begin with.

hread... I broke down and contacted my rep at Lotus Miami just now. Nice as could be gentleman informed me that I am #14 with a total of NI

Be optimistic my friend! It's possible that those in line for allocations will still drop out. Likewise, patience always pays. If you end up having to wait, you will have many more color options available, better pricing (if you don't choose all the FE options that is), probably some factory improvements, and maybe after reviews you won't even want an Emira (although I hope that is not the case).