• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Quick U.S. Update

Be optimistic my friend! It's possible that those in line for allocations will still drop out. Likewise, patience always pays. If you end up having to wait, you will have many more color options available, better pricing (if you don't choose all the FE options that is), probably some factory improvements, and maybe after reviews you won't even want an Emira (although I hope that is not the case).
Got my trusty 991T to keep my spirits up. Cheers

NICE!

Yeah I'm kind of screwed. I'm basically #50 for Base Model prod in 2023 for what I'm assuming is MY2024.

All FE's in Georgia have been accounted for already. Which is fine, since I didn't want an FE to begin with.
Ksegg - how do you know all FE allocations are accounted for in Georgia? I was told just over a week ago they haven't allocated any cars yet to any deposit holders from Lotus Atlanta. What information do you have to share?

Ksegg - how do you know all FE allocations are accounted for in Georgia? I was told just over a week ago they haven't allocated any cars yet to any deposit holders from Lotus Atlanta. What information do you have to share?
#ForThePopcorn

There's really only ONE Lotus dealer - Motorcars of Atlanta in Georgia. I keep in close contact with Joe Osario, the Lotus Brand Manager there and he stated on Friday that all FE allocations have been accounted for during the intiial release in Summer 2021.

By the time I ordered in November 2021, I was told I can only be on the list for the Base Model, which I had no issues with since I wanted that to begin with. I was told once FE production ramps up through 2022, 2023 deliveries shoud "technically" be faster, but that's just speculation.

I'm curious - are they telling us different things???

Well I just got the call from my dealer. They've had the dropouts I needed to be moved up into the allocation group, so it looks like I'll be getting an FE! I'll be finalizing everything come March. I'll be getting the V6 with manual, Touring suspension with Goodyear tires, Dark Verdant with no upper black pack or privacy glass, Tan leather interior, silver wheels with yellow calipers, and the Homelink option.

Can't wait!

Well I just got the call from my dealer. They've had the dropouts I needed to be moved up into the allocation group, so it looks like I'll be getting an FE! I'll be finalizing everything come March. I'll be getting the V6 with manual, Touring suspension with Goodyear tires, Dark Verdant with no upper black pack or privacy glass, Tan leather interior, silver wheels with yellow calipers, and the Homelink option.

Can't wait!
So happy you’re happy! :)

Can't wait!
Great news. You certainly earned this for your service to the Forum.
Now you're doing your personal configuration.

Can't wait!
Brilliant news, so pleased for you. Classy spec too.

There's really only ONE Lotus dealer - Motorcars of Atlanta in Georgia. I keep in close contact with Joe Osario, the Lotus Brand Manager there and he stated on Friday that all FE allocations have been accounted for during the intiial release in Summer 2021.

By the time I ordered in November 2021, I was told I can only be on the list for the Base Model, which I had no issues with since I wanted that to begin with. I was told once FE production ramps up through 2022, 2023 deliveries shoud "technically" be faster, but that's just speculation.

I am Atlanta too and I was told the same thing as this. I am number 40 in Atlanta and will be getting a Lime Green :alien: Base Edition with ADAS expected summer 2023.

If I can get lime green I will be thrilled to wait until summer 2023!

I think the correct answer is they are not saying much at all so that why I was trying to determine if you knew something I didn't about allocations to deposit holders from Motorcars of Atlanta. I placed my deposit the first week of August, so I was led to believe I would be in the first group based on some expected dropouts due to transmission choice, engine, etc however the information is slow to be released.

Can't wait!
Congratulations!

Can't wait!
Congrats Eagle!! The world just wouldn't have seemed right if you hadn't gotten your FE. 😊

I think the correct answer is they are not saying much at all so that why I was trying to determine if you knew something I didn't about allocations to deposit holders from Motorcars of Atlanta. I placed my deposit the first week of August, so I was led to believe I would be in the first group based on some expected dropouts due to transmission choice, engine, etc however the information is slow to be released.
I don't know any more than most, when it comes to allocations.

We're basically all just lines on a spreadsheet right now; I have no clue if the order of that spreadsheet is sorted by "first come first serve" or if they're just rearranging it based on other factors like *cough* favoritism.

I don't know any more than most, when it comes to allocations.

We're basically all just lines on a spreadsheet right now; I have no clue if the order of that spreadsheet is sorted by "first come first serve" or if they're just rearranging it based on other factors like *cough* favoritism.
I wish it was first come first serve but unfortunately it can be confirmed that it 100% is not the case outside of your line at the dealership (as long as THEY aren’t playing tricks). For example the NA market under Lotus USA has mid August depositors who have confirmed FE builds while mid-July depositors at my dealer are looking at 2023 base edition at best and might get pushed to 2024. IMO it’s shameful that Lotus allocated this way rather than treating all customers fairly.

I wish it was first come first serve but unfortunately it can be confirmed that it 100% is not the case outside of your line at the dealership (as long as THEY aren’t playing tricks). For example the NA market under Lotus USA has mid August depositors who have confirmed FE builds while mid-July depositors at my dealer are looking at 2023 base edition at best and might get pushed to 2024. IMO it’s shameful that Lotus allocated this way rather than treating all customers fairly.
This is unfortunate; this is why I can't stand Porsche dealerships. They are notorious for doing this kind of thing.

A little irritated to hear that Lotus USA is engaging in this kind of business practice as well.

This is unfortunate; this is why I can't stand Porsche dealerships. They are notorious for doing this kind of thing.

A little irritated to hear that Lotus USA is engaging in this kind of business practice as well.
At the end of the day it may be that they see their “top” dealers as their customers versus the end consumer and gave some of them bigger allocations. However I staunchly disagree with this when it means that some customers went into their dealership assuming priority was in order of deposits and wrote a cheque a couple days after the announcement and will now potentially end up getting dinged 5-10-20K more for a fully speced “FE” car without the badge and waiting 1-2 years longer than ”Joe” who walked into his dealership in the next closest city.

The only ones in this forum who say this is “whining “ are the ones who seem to have benefited from this. I was early enough that I MAY still get an FE but getting one or not does not change my opinion that this has been mishandled one iota.

At the end of the day it may be that they see their “top” dealers as their customers versus the end consumer and gave some of them bigger allocations. However I staunchly disagree with this when it means that some customers went into their dealership assuming priority was in order of deposits and wrote a cheque a couple days after the announcement and will now potentially end up getting dinged 5-10-20K more for a fully speced “FE” car without the badge and waiting 1-2 years longer than ”Joe” who walked into his dealership in the next closest city.

The only ones in this forum who say this is “whining “ are the ones who seem to have benefited from this. I was early enough that I MAY still get an FE but getting one or not does not change my opinion that this has been mishandled one iota.
What's odd is this kind of thing is new to me.

When I went to order my 2020 M2 Comp, it was actually not planned. I was just going for a random drive on a Saturday morning, got lost, and saw a BMW dealership in the middle of nowhere.

Now, you'd have to understand that I spend all of 2018-2019 trying to find a BMW dealer with an allocation for an M2 but no such luck. No dealers even had any "in stock" as it was mostly an "order only" car.

So when I walked in, I nonchalantly asked if they happened to have an allocation for an M2 Comp, and - to my stunned surprise - they said they did. I immediately put down a deposit, did the paperwork, (had a nice lunch; they ordered me lunch, on them), and 6 months later, a brand new M2 Comp (which I got for MSRP) in my spec showed up.

THAT is how ordering a car SHOULD be. No fuss, no drama, just a lovely overall experience.

This whole nepotism/favortism, high ADMs, waiting for an eternity - when the hell did this nonsense start to take place?

It's absolutely unacceptable.