Quick U.S. Update

Can you stay in line for a base?

So a bigger question, at what point can people in Base Camp ditch their deposits with their dealer and just buy from any Lotus dealer in the country? I guess that will be when the backlog is cleared which may be 2024.

I am not sure I would pay 15K for an FE. I am not knocking the FE but why do they think it's worth 15K more? Do they just think people will pay so that they don't have to wait for a base? It's not like it's a Z06 or something.
Probably, but I will not be doing it with them any longer. I don't condone that type of practice.

Can you stay in line for a base?

So a bigger question, at what point can people in Base Camp ditch their deposits with their dealer and just buy from any Lotus dealer in the country? I guess that will be when the backlog is cleared which may be 2024.

I am not sure I would pay 15K for an FE. I am not knocking the FE but why do they think it's worth 15K more? Do they just think people will pay so that they don't have to wait for a base? It's not like it's a Z06 or something.
I think $15k more for 1.5 years early is absolutely worth it. With interest rates going up and price of vehicles going up this will all balance out. Not to mention the biggest smile on your face every time someone comes up to you and says is that a new Ferrari? 😃

I think $15k more for 1.5 years early is absolutely worth it. With interest rates going up and price of vehicles going up this will all balance out. Not to mention the biggest smile on your face every time someone comes up to you and says is that a new Ferrari? 😃
#ForTheProblem

The whole process is rubbish as they’d say in the UK.

This is the problem with the entire Lotus process. Inconsistency breeds incompetency. Each dealer does it their own way and we get differing processes. Burns the brand.

Imagine the blooming onion being different at each iHop or the Big Mac being made uniquely by each Dunkin Donuts.

The C in Lotus stands for Consistency.

To me, the FE is less valuable because I don’t like the color options as much, and I’m curious to see what kinks get worked out and what additions are made. Of course you get it earlier but that’s all. You also miss out on things like blind spot assist and other driver aids that don’t sound like a $111k (I think it’s 96 plus then the 15 they are asking adm) car to me.

Just my quick opinion. On my phone and playing with one of my dogs so sorry for any grammar issues.

Edit: one more thing: about a month ago the dealer told me absolutely no ADMs… funny how times change so quickly…

No. That's exacerbating the problem.

To me, the FE is less valuable because I don’t like the color options as much, and I’m curious to see what kinks get worked out and what additions are made. Of course you get it earlier but that’s all. You also miss out on things like blind spot assist and other driver aids that don’t sound like a $111k (I think it’s 96 plus then the 15 they are asking adm) car to me.

Just my quick opinion. On my phone and playing with one of my dogs so sorry for any grammar issues.

Edit: one more thing: about a month ago the dealer told me absolutely no ADMs… funny how times change so quickly…
Agreed 100%.

I look at it differently. Ideally one should have stood up in the line early and paid the deposit for it early. If you don’t make an effort to get in line early than it will cost you. 15k seems like a good deal to me if you want it now or you can choose to wait 1-2 years. No one is forcing anyone that you must pay 15k above msrp.

I look at it differently. Ideally one should have stood up in the line early and paid the deposit for it early. If you don’t make an effort to get in line early than it will cost you. 15k seems like a good deal to me if you want it now or you can choose to wait 1-2 years. No one is forcing anyone that you must pay 15k above msrp.
No one is forcing dealers to price gouge customers either. It is not, under any logical definition a “good deal” lol. End of discussion. Now, it may be worth it to you, but it sure as hell isn’t a good deal.

and what about the people that DID get in a deposit early and are summarily being passed over by their dealer and purportedly having their spots offered up to those willing to pay an ADM?
Ding ding ding. I wouldn’t be surprised if that $15k spot being offered to me was someone else’s leg work. If I bite, suddenly the dealer didn’t get enough allocations for them.

In my case, I didn't want the FE, I wanted the Base since you get more options for it. I also don't have any problems waiting 1-2 years for it. I was lucky that they are honoring MSRP in my case. I would be livid if, all of a sudden, they're tacking on ADM just because "they feel like it".

Paying any sort of ADM for any sort of car is a ridiculous practice; there's no justifying it.

Also, paying $15K doesn't guarantee you'll get it any faster. Not in this current supply chain environment.

Anyone submitted their final build order in US yet? If so which dealer?

Long time lurker, first time poster (although I do post on the lotus subreddit for what it’s worth). Nice to meet everyone, there is some good discussion here.

Very recently, I put a deposit on a FE at a large midwestern Lotus dealership (which I’ve seen talked about here and on Lotus Talk). There is market adjustment, but that’s true for every car dealership in the country right now. To me, prices for everything keep going up (material costs, interest rates, etc), and the price of market adjustment that one pays today to secure an allocation is probably cheaper than what the car will cost when it’s all said and done if you “wait it out”. I guess the point of my post is that if you really want to see one of these in your garage soon, don’t let a few thousand extra deter you from it, because you will end up paying it anyway (and you will also pay time cost). I hope I don’t ruffle any feathers, but it’s something to remember when buying cars in this market.

Long time lurker, first time poster (although I do post on the lotus subreddit for what it’s worth). Nice to meet everyone, there is some good discussion here.

Very recently, I put a deposit on a FE at a large midwestern Lotus dealership (which I’ve seen talked about here and on Lotus Talk). There is market adjustment, but that’s true for every car dealership in the country right now. To me, prices for everything keep going up (material costs, interest rates, etc), and the price of market adjustment that one pays today to secure an allocation is probably cheaper than what the car will cost when it’s all said and done if you “wait it out”. I guess the point of my post is that if you really want to see one of these in your garage soon, don’t let a few thousand extra deter you from it, because you will end up paying it anyway (and you will also pay time cost). I hope I don’t ruffle any feathers, but it’s something to remember when buying cars in this market.
There are several dealers that kept their word and has maintained MSRP. They have followed through with early deposits and have done a good job communicating updates. There was no bait and switch to secure more deposits to help with the allocation algorithm from lotus corporate.

Let's keep it real. Some dealers are implementing ADM due to greed. The dealers implementing ADM does not care about the brand or their clients. They care only about their own profit maximization at the expense of LOTUS and a generation of new customers.

Nope; many Lotus dealers have and will honor MSRP.

I personally don't (nor should anyone else) tolerate ADM. Doesn't matter if it's a $1 or $15,000.

Doing business with integrity goes a long way.

This is where we buy stock in popcorn as we will be watching #15 ask around to other dealerships…

(Fictitious Example)
“So you got 10 allocations and #10 put their deposit in on 8/1. My dealer, equidistant to my home as your location, got 14 allocations and I was #15 having placed my deposit on 7/14.”
(Fictitious Example)

This sad example will likely play out a few different times here.

#ForThePopcorn
Dude that’s great 😃 all you need is one person to drop out!!! Wife get mad, daughter gets into Cornell, son has accident.. APR is to high… there are a million reasons… I would wager did you get an FE & we will meet up and have lunch and compare specs🎉.
😎

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back