❓ QUESTION Seats?

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anyone else find the seats too hard, too flat and completely unsupportive?
After a recent three hour drive my sciatic was so painful I had to go get one of those old man pillows to sit on.
I feel like I sit on top of the seat rather than in it.
PXL_20240517_160519609.jpg

That's exactly what it needs. Plus some more bolster on the sides.
I'm going to have my local upholstery shop do the same.
Plus fix the stupid twisted seat belts....they drive my OCD crazy!
Please keep me in the loop on this. I would be willing to drive to KOP to have this done if you’re happy with the results. My wife is always squirming in her seat and I can tell she finds them very uncomfortable.

Please keep me in the loop on this. I would be willing to drive to KOP to have this done if you’re happy with the results. My wife is always squirming in her seat and I can tell she finds them very uncomfortable.
It's measurably better. Well worth doing imo.

The seats are definitely the biggest flaw. I feel like I am sitting on an overstuffed couch. They also feel too narrow for my hips, and I’m not a big guy. I would love to have another seat option in the future. Something light and manual.
Have you seen my Emira tweaked seats yet?
30 kg saved overall, 4 inches lower if you want it to be, zero pressure points and the side support is in a different league.
I've just been given a courtesy car while mine was in the dealer and going back to the standard seats for a couple of weeks, I can confirm that the B10's are way more comfortable. The car has completely different dynamics with them in.

Attachments

• GFW_8842.jpg
    GFW_8842.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 51
So after a few test fittings I think my trimmer and I have come up with what is going to work for me. I've attached an annotated doc of what we did.
If anyone local wants to have this done give Brandon Constantine at
Rinnovare Automotive in Phoenixville, PA a call.
He's done lots of work for me and I've always been pleased with the results. https://rinnovareautoworks.com/

Any chance you could restore the file? Google Docs says that you have it in the Trash.

30 kg saved overall, 4 inches lower if you want it to be, zero pressure points and the side support is in a different league.
I've just been given a courtesy car while mine was in the dealer and going back to the standard seats for a couple of weeks, I can confirm that the B10's are way more comfortable. The car has completely different dynamics with them in.
I assume these are manually adjusted for fore/aft?

Yes and they look beautiful. Asked for them for my birthday. 😂