USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Hello Everyone!
I ordered my Emira in August 2021 and got a call today that my car was delivered to the dealership! I have never posted here but I am so appreciative of almost all of the content here as it has brought me huge amounts of joy, angst, sheer happiness, trepidation, laughter, worry, giddiness, pain, well you get the idea…..the very definition of Lotus🤣
As you can maybe tell from my pic, I love 2 seat sports cars. My Alfa brings me as much joy as my 911 and I am confident my Emira will fit right in! I write to this amazing group now after 2 years and 10 months waiting because I have a question that only this crew here is capable of giving an honest answer…I no longer live in NJ (thank god). I now live in Sarasota FL. I was going to have the car shipped from New Jersey to Florida but now I’m
thinking WTF…..I might as well do a road trip. The big question….am I f@#$$ng crazy thinking I can do a 1500 mile road trip through NJ, PA, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee ( Tail of the Dragon), Georgia and home to Sarasota. I know I’m up for it (not my first road trip) but will the Emira First Edition V2 April 2024 build make it? Am I nuts to try? I have a buddy (not the smartest tool in the shed) who is willing to journey with me. Need some rational/irrational advice? Thanks in advance for your input!
Brett
Atlantis Blue V6
20240628_111316.jpeg

Hello Everyone!
I ordered my Emira in August 2021 and got a call today that my car was delivered to the dealership! I have never posted here but I am so appreciative of almost all of the content here as it has brought me huge amounts of joy, angst, sheer happiness, trepidation, laughter, worry, giddiness, pain, well you get the idea…..the very definition of Lotus🤣
As you can maybe tell from my pic, I love 2 seat sports cars. My Alfa brings me as much joy as my 911 and I am confident my Emira will fit right in! I write to this amazing group now after 2 years and 10 months waiting because I have a question that only this crew here is capable of giving an honest answer…I no longer live in NJ (thank god). I now live in Sarasota FL. I was going to have the car shipped from New Jersey to Florida but now I’m
thinking WTF…..I might as well do a road trip. The big question….am I f@#$$ng crazy thinking I can do a 1500 mile road trip through NJ, PA, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee ( Tail of the Dragon), Georgia and home to Sarasota. I know I’m up for it (not my first road trip) but will the Emira First Edition V2 April 2024 build make it? Am I nuts to try? I have a buddy (not the smartest tool in the shed) who is willing to journey with me. Need some rational/irrational advice? Thanks in advance for your input!
Brett
Atlantis Blue V6View attachment 46855
First time poster gets page 666!!! Way to go!!!!

Hello Everyone!
Brett
What could possibly go wrong! :) If you're not pressed for time, and have a good sense of adventure and humor I would definitely go for it! Great way to get in the break in miles too. In my younger years, I once had the opportunity to drive from So Cal to Monterey via the coast hwy through Big Sur in my then relatively new 93 300ZX TT, but decided to fly instead to save some time. Kicking myself ever since. Now, I'd like to do the same trip in my Emira but it's closed north of San Simeon/Hearst Castle due to landslides and not expected to reopen until Sep/Oct at the earliest. And now I really don't have the time. And come the fall, maybe more rain, more landslides. Seize the moment when you can!!

Don’t ship it; drive it!
Heck yea. I am dailying mine and it's great!!! I have been on a couple of 300-400 mile drives and it's definitely road trip-able. Just stay away from the cruise control during break in.

Heck yea. I am dailying mine and it's great!!! I have been on a couple of 300-400 mile drives and it's definitely road trip-able. Just stay away from the cruise control during break in.
I LOVE hearing people are willing to put meaningful miles on their Emiras, do the road trip for sure! The number of 10 year old Ferraris with under 10K miles on them just makes me sad, WTF is the point of owning a fun car if you never drive the damn thing!

Hey Nova sounds like you have a hell of start going with your Emira, how many miles are you at so far?

I LOVE hearing people are willing to put meaningful miles on their Emiras, do the road trip for sure! The number of 10 year old Ferraris with under 10K miles on them just makes me sad, WTF is the point of owning a fun car if you never drive the damn thing!

Hey Nova sounds like you have a hell of start going with your Emira, how many miles are you at so far?
I am at 1600 miles after about 2 months.

Hello Everyone!
Brett
I recently did a road trip from Toronto to Pinehurst last month. Took the scenic route on the way down taking the entire Blue Ridge Parkway then drove across from Cherokee to drive the Dragon/Cherohala Skyway/Moonshiner loop. Didn’t have the Emira just yet (arrived at the dealer the week I got back), but I took my cabriolet. I met up with the Lotus v Dragon rally which I could have participated in if I had the Lotus. Anyway, road trip or a lifetime and I’ve made it a bucket list to do ONE time with the Lotus when they have the rally again. You will be in heaven! See earlier mention of @Porter who helped me with my journey. If you need a place to crash in that area he’d recommended Tapoco Lodge (which was full), but stayed at Snowbird Mountain Lodge in that area and it was an amazing place (also on my bucket list to go back there with a bit more time than late dinner arrival and morning departure). Congrats on getting the car! Long journey like myself - July 21 order and made it to the dealer on June 1, took delivery 10 days later on closed transport to my detailer for PPF/Ceramic etc and finally picking it up from him this morning - hence being up at 5 unable to get my last couple hours of sleep 😆.

First time poster gets page 666!!! Way to go!!!!
It’s insane how I manifested months ago (you can look it up here lol) that I won’t get behind the wheel until we hit page 666 lmao!!! July 21 deposit, Sept 23 build, March 24 VIN, May 24 shipped and arrived in Baltimore, June 1st arrived at the dealer, June 11 transported to detailer, June 30 appt to pick it up in a few hours and drive it out of the city…page 666! Oh…and I’m in the middle of listening to an Atmos Audible production of 1984 🤦🏻‍♂️.

It’s insane how I manifested months ago (you can look it up here lol) that I won’t get behind the wheel until we hit page 666 lmao!!! July 21 deposit, Sept 23 build, March 24 VIN, May 24 shipped and arrived in Baltimore, June 1st arrived at the dealer, June 11 transported to detailer, June 30 appt to pick it up in a few hours and drive it out of the city…page 666! Oh…and I’m in the middle of listening to an Atmos Audible production of 1984 🤦🏻‍♂️.
Knowing your name, this is more deeply disturbing than most people realize… way too many Beelzebub jokes could be made here.

I’ll refrain. 😈

I saw my car yesterday at the dealership when I traded in my GR Supra 3.0 MT. Seeing the car I ordered in person is really exciting, especially when the spec is kind of unique with white interior and silver caliper. Unfortunately, the dealership had a queue of Emiras waiting for PDI and detailing and I cannot pick it up yet. Hopefully they can get my car ready for delivery in the coming week. Can't wait! ;)

Weixin Image_20240630223025.jpg

Weixin Image_20240630223037.jpg

I saw my car yesterday at the dealership when I traded in my GR Supra 3.0 MT. Seeing the car I ordered in person is really exciting, especially when the spec is kind of unique with white interior and silver caliper. Unfortunately, the dealership had a queue of Emiras waiting for PDI and detailing and I cannot pick it up yet. Hopefully they can get my car ready for delivery in the coming week. Can't wait! ;)

View attachment 46969

View attachment 46970
Love the Atlantis with silver rims. Waiting on mine with red interior and red calipers.

View attachment 46969

View attachment 46970
Bittersweet experience for sure. Kind of a tease. So close, and yet.....
As they say at Lotus: Soon.

The Atlantic Star won't dock until the 3rd now. And with the holiday I expect most of a week delay for this shipment.

View attachment 46969

View attachment 46970
That look is absolutely fabulous! I was so torn between this spec and the vivid red I eventually moved forward with, I guess I couldn't have gone wrong with either choice!