• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

So where's the US Emira demo(s)?

There might be one wild card that I hate to mention because it will greatly upset those with deposits........

but...... does it make sense for LOTUS to build these cars in the assembly plant that they have to heat up and keep the electricity on ( power tools) over this cold winter , now that the utilities are going to pop anywhere from 3x to 10x in the UK from what they were before the war in Ukraine ?
A lot of companies state that they will shut down for the winter because they simply can NOT afford these sky high utility bills over the winter. Might LOTUS be in the same bind, and think it might be better to delay assembly until spring time ?

Please don't shoot me
If that happened they'd lose all their factory workers and the money that went into training them.

I feel you man, I try not to think about it but it would be really easy to just email about a deposit refund and move on. At this point I bet I could get an m2 delivered faster.
If you don't have one of the 700 F/E allocations. I would almost guarantee that you receive an M2 before a base Emira and at 25% less the cost. Probably not as cool tho...

I think I might keep my deposit in and possibly just pursue something else. Worst case, I get my deposit back next spring, or maybe I FINALLY see a car in person and test drive it and love it and keep it. I don't know, just a bit miffed by Lotus themselves at this point.

There might be one wild card that I hate to mention because it will greatly upset those with deposits........

but...... does it make sense for LOTUS to build these cars in the assembly plant that they have to heat up and keep the electricity on ( power tools) over this cold winter , now that the utilities are going to pop anywhere from 3x to 10x in the UK from what they were before the war in Ukraine ?
A lot of companies state that they will shut down for the winter because they simply can NOT afford these sky high utility bills over the winter. Might LOTUS be in the same bind, and think it might be better to delay assembly until spring time ?

Please don't shoot me

How much of our money does Lotus currently hold? I don't want to hear anything about high utility bills. They need to build and deliver the cars they promised in their fancy new $20m factory stat or the cancelations and bad press will continue rolling in.

I think I might keep my deposit in and possibly just pursue something else. Worst case, I get my deposit back next spring, or maybe I FINALLY see a car in person and test drive it and love it and keep it. I don't know, just a bit miffed by Lotus themselves at this point.

Yeah, guess I'll do the same. There's just nothing new that checks the exotic/manual/mid-engine boxes for me. I don't want to buy a Cayman simply because that's what's available.

I don't get how people are $10k-$15k deep at Bellevue? To me it sounded like they just asked for $2,500 up front and another $2,500 when the build slot comes up.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to stick it out personally and that when September 2023 rolls around I don't break and just get an Evora.

I don't get how people are $10k-$15k deep at Bellevue? To me it sounded like they just asked for $2,500 up front and another $2,500 when the build slot comes up.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to stick it out personally and that when September 2023 rolls around I don't break and just get an Evora.
My dealer only wanted a refundable $2,500 deposit, and I am in for an FE, supposedly to be delivered Q2 '23

My dealer only wanted a refundable $2,500 deposit, and I am in for an FE, supposedly to be delivered Q2 '23
Same, but for a base model. Lotus of Atlanta wanted $2.5k deposit + additional $2.5k when you spec a build. Naples just wanted $2.5k until the car actually came in.

I don't know wtf Bellevue is telling these guys to convince them to be $10k deep.

Please don't shoot me
Hang in there. I’m sure Lotus is in the process of moving Emira production to China where they’ll start pumping these cars out so fast that they’ll literally fly off the assembly line and land in every dealership by the end of 2022. Santa is going to be so busy delivering Emiras this Christmas! 🎅 🏎

Same, but for a base model. Lotus of Atlanta wanted $2.5k deposit + additional $2.5k when you spec a build. Naples just wanted $2.5k until the car actually came in.

I don't know wtf Bellevue is telling these guys to convince them to be $10k deep.
Bellevue had a 5K deposit initially, and 10K at the time of confirmed FE build slot. I wasn't going to share on here in my initial comment, but since someone else already mentioned it, that's how we got there.

I don't know what they are doing deposit wise for non-FE slots.

Just think, if I’d had that 15k in the stock market since January I’d be down 20%. Who’s silly now? :D :p
Kinda worried about this actually because I was going to use some of my vested RSUs next year for this purchase lmao I hope my company isn't tanking at the end of 2023

Kinda worried about this actually because I was going to use some of my vested RSUs next year for this purchase lmao I hope my company isn't tanking at the end of 2023

Same.. I was hoping some of my s&p returns would at least cover the taxes on my Emira purchase. :oops:

Now we're looking at climbing interest rates and an even worse market come spring when the Emiras are apparently supposed to start arriving to the US.

Bellevue had a 5K deposit initially, and 10K at the time of confirmed FE build slot. I wasn't going to share on here in my initial comment, but since someone else already mentioned it, that's how we got there.

Same terms for non-FE. 5k refundable deposit, 10k non-refundable at order submission. I'm told non-FE orders start in Feb 2023.

If you don't have one of the 700 F/E allocations. I would almost guarantee that you receive an M2 before a base Emira and at 25% less the cost. Probably not as cool tho...
I am thinking of getting out and consider ordering an M2.

I have seriously thought about dropping out (multiple times), but each and every time I quickly change my mind. Deep down I know I would regret it. For me personally, I know it will be worth the wait! It's been painful for everyone... but there is light at the end of the tunnel. 🤞🏼

I don't know if it's worth the wait anymore.

Yeah, I was very torn, but when it became clear that I'd be waiting another year or more, I figure I can simply enjoy another car in the meantime and just wait and likely get one under sticker someday.

Maybe they'll have colors I actually love by then haha

$5k down

Same terms for non-FE. 5k refundable deposit, 10k non-refundable at order submission. I'm told non-FE orders start in Feb 2023.
I have a hard time believing non-FE orders will happen so soon. And honestly, if I'm contacted in February saying I can place my base order but cough up another $10k non-refundable, I'm either out completely or I'm gonna keep pushing out for a more suped up version.