• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

So where's the US Emira demo(s)?

It's real easy to say that now... but once cars start to deliver and you see the first one on the road, will you feel the same way? I know I would be kicking myself for not waiting. Yes, Lotus could have done so many things differently and if they truly want to be what they say they want to be, major things need to change.
Same thinking here. Sure I coild get myself a C8 or Cayman, but the first time I see an Emira on the road I’d be kicking myself.

Same thinking here. Sure I coild get myself a C8 or Cayman, but the first time I see an Emira on the road I’d be kicking myself.
Of course the flip side is Lotus declaring bankruptcy and I’m left trying to claw back my $15k from UK courts… 6 mo ago I would have dismissed that as unlikely but now I’m starting to wonder just how much more Geely can take.

I don't know if I'd be kicking myself or just feeling bad for the owner and all the crap they'll have to deal with when it comes time to get something fixed or replaced. What happens when we wait 2 years for our Emira and somehow our windshield cracks or someone goes off track and bends a wheel. That'll be another 6 months downtime waiting for parts to come in.

I don't know if I'd be kicking myself or just feeling bad for the owner and all the crap they'll have to deal with when it comes time to get something fixed or replaced. What happens when we wait 2 years for our Emira and somehow our windshield cracks or someone goes off track and bends a wheel. That'll be another 6 months downtime waiting for parts to come in.
So Lotus is trying to be Porsche, but ending up Noble?

Reply from US dealer:

We are waiting for Lotus to confirm the dates of the US Tour. We should have one here for 2 days, and will send out an email the moment we confirm.

Otherwise our demo will be here in March!

I have seriously thought about dropping out (multiple times), but each and every time I quickly change my mind. Deep down I know I would regret it. For me personally, I know it will be worth the wait! It's been painful for everyone... but there is light at the end of the tunnel. 🤞🏼
What light? 🤔

So as I called my dealer to bitch about the delays, lack of comms, and discuss getting my deposit back, I was invited to test drive one next Friday.... FINALLY... and it's not the shadow grey demo from LOG/TX. I better love this damn car. 🤞🏼😂

Last edited:
If we pre-ordered at one dealer, can we test drive the Emira at another?
From my understanding you would need to ask the dealership you want to go to if they have a slot open and if so will they let you have it to do the test drive. They would probably give their deposit holder first choice

So as I called my dealer to bitch about the delays, lack of comms, and discuss getting my deposit back, I was invited to test drive one next Friday.... FINALLY... and it's not the shadow grey demo from LOG/TX. I better love this damn car. 🤞🏼😂
Great news. Most likely the 9 or 10 cars that were supposed to be here beginning of September have finally arrived in US
EDIT which should mean a lot more dealerships should be getting cars for deposit holder to test drive in next week or two

Last edited:
What!!! 😆 That's terrific news, congrats! 🥳😄 See everyone, the squeaky wheel...

So if it's not Shadow Grey, which colour is it? Edit: Ah, I see you said Nimbus w/ red in another thread.

Can't wait to see some photos / hear your overall driving impressions. :)

LOL, they didn't contact you before that to schedule a drive?

I have seriously thought about dropping out (multiple times), but each and every time I quickly change my mind. Deep down I know I would regret it. For me personally, I know it will be worth the wait! It's been painful for everyone... but there is light at the end of the tunnel. 🤞🏼
This is exactly how I feel. I keep looking at other cars, but I know deep down the Emira is what I want and I will hate myself once I see one on the road. I am waiting it out and being thankful I at least snagged a FE spot. Plus with how few are actually entering the US, I am almost certain you could drive the car for a few months and sell it without losing a single penny. In fact you would probably still make a few bucks.

What!!! 😆 That's terrific news, congrats! 🥳😄 See everyone, the squeaky wheel...

So if it's not Shadow Grey, which colour is it? Edit: Ah, I see you said Nimbus w/ red in another thread.

Can't wait to see some photos / hear your overall driving impressions. :)

I'll be sure to report back with photos and review.

*full disclosure, I was kinda underwhelmed when I test drove a GT last year. 🤷‍♂️

I'll be sure to report back with photos and review.

*full disclosure, I was kinda underwhelmed when I test drove a GT last year. 🤷‍♂️

And yes, Nimbus Grey with red interior. Not sure if it's sport or tour chassis yet.

Of course the flip side is Lotus declaring bankruptcy and I’m left trying to claw back my $15k from UK courts… 6 mo ago I would have dismissed that as unlikely but now I’m starting to wonder just how much more Geely can take.
Yep was looking at their stock today. Some have it as a buy but I don't see it. And who knows what could happen to businesses under xi? Fingers crossed!

Happy for you to finally get a test drive. But it’s crazy that you and numerous other folks in the US are getting test drives weeks (possibly months) before anyone in the UK 🤷‍♂️☹️

Happy for you to finally get a test drive. But it’s crazy that you and numerous other folks in the US are getting test drives weeks (possibly months) before anyone in the UK 🤷‍♂️☹️

Agreed! At least you guys have gotten to see many in person. To this day I've only seen the shadow grey road show car once in person.

Agreed! At least you guys have gotten to see many in person. To this day I've only seen the shadow grey road show car once in person.
At least that was road worthy. Most of us here have only seen the blue show car