• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

So where's the US Emira demo(s)?

Happy for you to finally get a test drive. But it’s crazy that you and numerous other folks in the US are getting test drives weeks (possibly months) before anyone in the UK 🤷‍♂️☹️
@TomE , I would just do the track day (if money isn't a big barrier) since it's in your backyard. Totally worth it and solidified my desire to buy Emira.

I suggest everyone else who is whining to just get a stop gap car and then sell it when the Emira actually comes. I am driving and enjoying my M2CS and it largely takes my general frustration with the global supply chain down a few notches. M2C's are great value and will scratch the itch right now. Not as special as the Emira though.

Good things come to those that wait.

Except I want to drive the Touring and Sports suspensions on poor quality UK roads to see how they handle for 90% of my driving, not on a smooth race track. Even when the UK dealers get their demo cars this won't be possible, as each dealer will only have one car.

@TomE , I would just do the track day (if money isn't a big barrier) since it's in your backyard. Totally worth it and solidified my desire to buy Emira.

I suggest everyone else who is whining to just get a stop gap car and then sell it when the Emira actually comes. I am driving and enjoying my M2CS and it largely takes my general frustration with the global supply chain down a few notches. M2C's are great value and will scratch the itch right now. Not as special as the Emira though.

Good things come to those that wait.
How and why do you get a stop gap car though when you are literally being told you may get your car every month for the past 5 months 🤔
7 months ago if they had given any indication that there might even be a small delay I would be in a Porsche now

I’m just over here sipping my coffee holding 1 Emira order, a 2nd Emira deposit for final V6 run, a Rivian purchase agreement, and two Cybertruck reservations.

Lotus has been the most communicative of the 3.
Firstly that is epic 💪 work
Secondly that is shocking Re CS

I have a test drive scheduled in Denver on October 26th. I actually drove the Evora GT, before placing a deposit on the Emira, exactly 1 year ago. I decided on three 4 cyl turbo after driving the V6. I'm just too used to turbos! I currently have the Esprit SE turbo, Cayenne V8 twin turbo, Audi Q5 turbo with a dual clutch. The V6 just felt too linear at this altitude.

Attachments

• download_20211009_133528.jpg
    download_20211009_133528.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 33
I have a test drive scheduled in Denver on October 26th. I actually drove the Evora GT, before placing a deposit on the Emira, exactly 1 year ago. I decided on three 4 cyl turbo after driving the V6. I'm just too used to turbos! I currently have the Esprit SE turbo, Cayenne V8 twin turbo, Audi Q5 turbo with a dual clutch. The V6 just felt too linear at this altitude.

It feels linear at sea level too :LOL:

I’m just over here sipping my coffee holding 1 Emira order, a 2nd Emira deposit for final V6 run, a Rivian purchase agreement, and two Cybertruck reservations.

Lotus has been the most communicative of the 3.
Coffee is indeed Magic.

Do you know what spec it is?
Curious what Park Place will get for next week? Either this LA car or the the one that was in Denver? Might be the same car?
It’s likely the car from the west coast Lotus meet, I heard it was going to Galpin next. Hethel Yellow with black pack, black wheels, black calipers, alcantara interior and sport suspension + cup2.

A3511555-7973-4075-85DD-910542EEFFE1.jpeg

It’s likely the car from the west coast Lotus meet, I heard it was going to Galpin next. Hethel Yellow with black pack, black wheels, black calipers, alcantara interior and sport suspension + cup2.

View attachment 10149
Would be great for this to be the Sports with Cup2's because if I never had a drive in one and bought Touring I'd always be worried I missed out on knowing if the sportier setup would've been the way to go.

I am second on the list for test drive (30-minute intervals from 9:30am-6:30pm for 3 days) and will actually be behind the actual wheel of an actual Emira on Saturday morning at 10:00am!!!! Lucky to have seen the email invitation come through yesterday in real time because the slots filled QUICK!

Will be driving there in my Porsche 997.1 Carrera S and can't wait to be able to compare since I bought this as my "bridge car" and have loved every second of it. The one saving grace with the delays in production (and me wanting the i4 anyway) is that now I may be able to have enough saved to keep both cars.