• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Stock Emira Wheels and Tires

Wheels are finished, they just sent these photos (not virtual render)
I will be painting the inset groove Dark Verdant when they arrive).

Given that whilst the manufacturing plant looks huge (and probably makes wheels for more well known 'brands' than you'd like to think), and will likely be around for a while, but the agency/marketing mob whom you deal through, may not, I bought 6 wheels, so a set, plus a spare front, and spare rear. @ $217 each, it seemed a sensible insurance policy, just in case I were to damage one. Would be annoying to have to scrap 3 perfectly good wheels because one got damaged and couldn't be replaced!
Vendor details?

Vendor details?
It's all in the thread, you only had to read through it.

This firm was found originally by Cayman09 on here.

They do literally hundreds of styles and sizes, but those 458 Italia style wheels are here (you need to spec size, ET etc, as the std listing is for BMW)

Last edited:
My mind is telling me no
But my body, my body's telling me yes
Baby, I don't want to hurt nobody
But there is something that I must confess to you
Only just picked up on these lyrics :)

Very good (y)

Cost and vendor details?
Vendor is “KHR” (Taizhou Xinmai International Import And Export Co., Ltd.) from China.
The person in charge is Sunny.
11e47af7b16c8747795993cfcbc6ac73.png

The URL is...
The cost is...
・Forged wheel ⇒ US$210 ✖ 4
・Aluminum center cap ⇒ US$7 ✖ 4
・Air shipping from China to Japan (Fedex) ⇒ US$371
Total cost: US$1,239

Last edited:
Tyres turned up :)
Complete with the 'LTS' specific markings.
When you look these tyres up, there are 7 versions that I can see of the Eagle F1, all with differing economy, noise, and wet performance figures. So it really aint just about choosing a generic make/model/size, the vehicle specific bit must get you a different compound I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_3866.jpg
    IMG_3866.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3867.jpg
    IMG_3867.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3868.jpg
    IMG_3868.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3869.jpg
    IMG_3869.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 33
Tyres turned up :)
Complete with the 'LTS' specific markings.
When you look these tyres up, there are 7 versions that I can see of the Eagle F1, all with differing economy, noise, and wet performance figures. So it really aint just about choosing a generic make/model/size, the vehicle specific bit must get you a different compound I guess.
If I remember right, Goodyear had to make something like 100 different compound variations before Gavan was satisfied with the tire performance and signed off on it.

Anyone found the F1s in the States?

If I remember right, Goodyear had to make something like 100 different compound variations before Gavan was satisfied with the tire performance and signed off on it.
"Gavan, when are the Goodyears going to be ready?"

"Soon...."

Some things are worth getting right, and it takes as long as it takes. Can't wait for my first drive!

Can someone with a car tell me the specs on the lug bolts? Specifically diameter, pitch and threaded length.

Can someone with a car tell me the specs on the lug bolts? Specifically diameter, pitch and threaded length.
I believe they are M12 x 1.5, same as the Evora. I'm not sure what the threaded length is on the Emira though.

Wait for someone to pull one out and measure but I’d be surprised if they weren’t M12x1.5 seeing as past models have been this and the manual specifies 105Nm. Length unknown :) likely in the high 20 to low 30mm range.

Wait for someone to pull one out and measure but I’d be surprised if they weren’t M12x1.5 seeing as past models have been this and the manual specifies 105Nm. Length unknown :) likely in the high 20 to low 30mm range.
I've seen it posted that they're M12x1.5 but I hoped with Europe having these for as long as they have someone would have pulled them out and used spacers.

I've seen it posted that they're M12x1.5 but I hoped with Europe having these for as long as they have someone would have pulled them out and used spacers.
Not in a position to measure, but have had them out a dozen times, and would say 40mm long, and yes, M12 x 1.5

@JonFuller if you do get an opportunity I'd really appreciate it. Looking to get ones 6mm longer than stock.

I’m also interested in knowing the thread length. I will be converting to wheel studs and it would help me calculate what stud lengths will work with different offsets. Appreciate you checking this out for us.

@Liquid Hot Magma I ended up getting longer lug bolts from @GRP that are 6mm longer for the spacers. I wanted to be able to push my stock wheels to the same point as my custom wheels, without having the studs stick out further.

Back