• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK test drive booking process

There is a 12 month waiting list for Porsche, with definitely no chance of queue jumping, unlike Lotus. If i was to order a Porsche today, which do you think would arrive first, Porsche or Emira. What with the endless "it will not be this month but next" could be a close run thing.
Don’t bet it’ll be the Porsche, 18 months now for Macan 🤦‍♂️

Its my car!! :love:

I may have to head oop north for a gander....

what suspension setup does it have?
No idea re specs, it doesn't say - it will be a suprise. If you guess correctly after the test drive you move forward 2 weeks in the queue. You don't want to know what happens if you guess wrong.

Prestbury car:
V6 manual
Dark Verdant
Black alcantara, yellow stitch
Sports + Goodyears
DC wheels, yellow calipers

I was told 2 years for a 911 this week. Sooner for a Carrera T for some reason.
You can get all of the T models earlier as they seem to be removing the parts that have the biggest supply challenges and charging you for an upgrade because it's lightweight! Clever marketing and it even seems to be working on the 'lightweight and purist' Macan T :ROFLMAO:

You can get all of the T models earlier as they seem to be removing the parts that have the biggest supply challenges and charging you for an upgrade because it's lightweight! Clever marketing and it even seems to be working on the 'lightweight and purist' Macan T :ROFLMAO:
Back on track - on another thread we are getting sympathy and empathy from those who have tested the cars overseas, yet here in the UK after all this time we are still waiting to test demos.
The UK system must be a laughing stock around the world- just do not understand it at all, it’s incredulous🤷🏻‍♂️

Oakmere Cheshire have a Verdant at the Prestbury showroom for test drives, starting some time this month. When I dropped into the Norwich showroom last week I was told that they will have a Nimbus with red leather as a display car, maybe in December. I think we know what maybe means.

It looks like the test drives will be on a decent mix of roads and for around 30 minutes as the email states below:

All test drives will be logged on Lotus’ Scorpion Tracker system, so pre-booking test drives allows sufficient time to ensure all drives are logged correctly and insured.

All our demo vehicles will be equipped and tightly monitored with Scorpion trackers, and we will have a pre-determined test drive route, with an approx. drive time of around 30/35 minutes designed to give a 50/50 mix of A-Road and B-Road/town driving giving you the best idea of what the car can do! Of course, it goes without saying that whilst on the road everybody who test drives the Emira will be obliged to remain obedient to the road laws and speed limits!

I have had a few cars purchased without having test driven or even seen in person, Nissan R35 GTR in 2009 as a new car and some such as a 928S4 ( a great daily for 5 years) and my current BoxterS 981, all of which I have loved. I might just wait until my own car comes since I am fully committed to the Emira now. I will drop in to Northwich when the Nimbus car arrives - pretty much my spec- but probably won't have time to get over to Prestbury any time soon.

I didn't love the R35 GTR. Impressive yes. Fast as you could want, but not involving on public road environments. Just kept it for a year. I feel the Emira is going to be much more my kind of car.

So, when Lotus open up the demo booking, presumably sometime in the next few days, it is going to be a free for all bun fight where any UK deposit holder can book, or will Lotus do the sensible thing and give initial priority to those with an early delivery slot?

Back on track - on another thread we are getting sympathy and empathy from those who have tested the cars overseas, yet here in the UK after all this time we are still waiting to test demos.
The UK system must be a laughing stock around the world- just do not understand it at all, it’s incredulous🤷🏻‍♂️
This is how easy it should be within a week I have test ridden M4, Mini John cooper works, Golf R and going to demo Yaris GR later today. Some cold walk in some I rang prior as easy as that and it’s so refreshing to be treat like a customer.
I had plans for this w/e which I moved as I thought was going to be going to Bradford to demo the Emira ! it’s ridiculous when the cars are sat there - all so Big Brother is watching every move with these trackers ! We’ll be ejected as soon as we hit 1mph over speed limit 🤣

Emailed CS this morning to let them know that Prestbury, my nearest dealer, now has a car and could they be so kind as to arrange me a spin as soon as is practical. Shouldn't be like this, but like everyone else am used to some of the biblically poor customer communication now.

This is how easy it should be within a week I have test ridden M4, Mini John cooper works, Golf R and going to demo Yaris GR later today. Some cold walk in some I rang prior as easy as that and it’s so refreshing to be treat like a customer.
I had plans for this w/e which I moved as I thought was going to be going to Bradford to demo the Emira ! it’s ridiculous when the cars are sat there - all so Big Brother is watching every move with these trackers ! We’ll be ejected as soon as we hit 1mph over speed limit 🤣
What's your view on M4? Its looking like one of my go to cars to test drive if the Emira is a let down.

Emailed CS this morning to let them know that Prestbury, my nearest dealer, now has a car and could they be so kind as to arrange me a spin as soon as is practical. Shouldn't be like this, but like everyone else am used to some of the biblically poor customer communication now.
So what was there response? Await email invite as usual!

What's your view on M4? Its looking like one of my go to cars to test drive if the Emira is a let down.
I’ve owned one and I sold it at a profit as I had ordered Emira - nice car it had carbon exterior and the gorgeous carbon bucket seats, laser lights, comfort pack etc etc - just too physically big car for my needs took all my space in garage leaving not as much room for ebikes . But yes I think it’s decent especially prices you can pick a 21/22 plate up for now. Mine was RWD as the 4WD had not come out when I bought mine - I would recco the 4WD. I like the big grill and it has good road presence. Exhaust could be louder though . Watch Joe Archilles on his M3 he loves it’s he’s had both versions (I wanted to demo the 4WD)

Attachments

• 7B110277-A918-4541-BB1C-32B128656538.jpeg
    7B110277-A918-4541-BB1C-32B128656538.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
This morning, CS said the test drive email had been delayed until next week.......I wonder if there is a lack of bodies to make things happen or just a lack of management nouse? I've seen it before where a company has a predominance of production leaders in management......customer well-being is rarely on the radar

This morning, CS said the test drive email had been delayed until next week.......I wonder if there is a lack of bodies to make things happen or just a lack of management nouse? I've seen it before where a company has a predominance of production leaders in management......customer well-being is rarely on the radar
This goes from worse to pitiful! Heads need to roll on this one. Overseas customers who have had test drives, will be thinking what have I bought into with the company. Definitely not going on the brewery trip with them!

Latest missive

Email invitations to boo test drives will be sent out very early next week, please keep a close eye on your emails on Monday for this, the booking system will have all of the retailer's live availability.

Has to be Solihul for the Touring suspension
Connor from Central called me after I emailed to cancel and was very good. So I may still head over this Friday. Allegedly the cars don't have to be spot on because they are demo. Obviously I said we have been told we need to wait this long for drives because they Lotus are getting the cars perfect and a dealer demo car should be no different to a customer car.

Just had a message from Lotus Silverstone. Even though their demonstrator was delivered on Saturday, it seems i still have to wait for an email from Lotus HQ to book a test drive. Silverstone said should get email in 2-3 weeks. If this is correct, that means the demonstrator will be sat twiddling it's thumbs for 2-3 weeks with nothing to do. Lotus organisation at its best.

Has to be Solihul for the Touring suspension
Connor from Central called me after I emailed to cancel and was very good. So I may still head over this Friday. Allegedly the cars don't have to be spot on because they are demo. Obviously I said we have been told we need to wait this long for drives because they Lotus are getting the cars perfect and a dealer demo car should be no different to a customer car.
Doesn't make sense does it. Let's send out a car as a demo - make sure its not representative of the quality we aspire to.

New to the brand, Bob, turns up with his BMW/Mercedes/Porsche does a quick walk round and thinks yeah Lotus quality is still poor - right back to Porsche for my Pepsi Max and cake.