• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK test drive booking process

Doesn't make sense does it. Let's send out a car as a demo - make sure its not representative of the quality we aspire to.

New to the brand, Bob, turns up with his BMW/Mercedes/Porsche does a quick walk round and thinks yeah Lotus quality is still poor - right back to Porsche for my Pepsi Max and cake.
100%
🤷

Shock news!! Lotus delay test drive email 🤣

Apparently the email for booking uk test drives has been delayed to next week according to Facebook after a conversation with LCC

I'm both surprised and shocked 🤣🤦

Although I'd have liked to get the email to book a test drive, sending the email without all dealers having their demo cars would have probably caused a similar new thread as well as causing carnage for the dealers that do have them with people travelling from all over the country! Let's hope it's all in place and ready for next week! 🤞

This goes from worse to pitiful! Heads need to roll on this one. Overseas customers who have had test drives, will be thinking what have I bought into with the company. Definitely not going on the brewery trip with them!
I was told that they are waiting for every dealer to have the car before releasing any bookings and the trackers have to be set up. Sounds very long and drawn out. I was at my dealers Tuesday, and it was just sat there, would have happily taken it out for a spin

Although I'd have liked to get the email to book a test drive, sending the email without all dealers having their demo cars would have probably caused a similar new thread as well as causing carnage for the dealers that do have them with people travelling from all over the country! Let's hope it's all in place and ready for next week! 🤞
You are definitely a glass half full person. Whereas, many on this forum, what with the many delays and broken promises, have been beaten into submission into the glass half empty club.

Apparently the email for booking uk test drives has been delayed to next week according to Facebook after a conversation with LCC

I'm both surprised and shocked 🤣🤦
But why.....
Have they not managed to secure the surveillance drones to go with the Scorpion tracker, accompanied drive and set route?

You are definitely a glass half full person. Whereas, many on this forum, what with the many delays and broken promises, have been beaten into submission into the glass half empty club.
there is only but a droplet in mine.... and thats laced with poisson hahah

Dont forget organising the man with the red flag walking in front
And then to rub salt 🧂 in you have the Lotus dealer at Sussex putting on Facebook driving the car saying it’s worth the wait 😕 yep be great if we could demo the car 🚗

Lotus have confirmed in an e.mail today that the test drive booking process will not begin until next week. It was mentioned in the e.mail to tell me my car is delayed until March 2023 (V6 auto)

But why.....
Have they not managed to secure the surveillance drones to go with the Scorpion tracker, accompanied drive and set route?
Close. They’ve got problems activating the trackers on some of the demo cars. And some cars haven’t reached dealers yet.

Close. They’ve got problems activating the trackers on some of the demo cars. And some cars haven’t reached dealers yet.
Really ! Can someone tell me why the need for Scorpion tracker - we are with the dealers what do they think is going to happen. I have a driving license, the car is insured I’ve driven a lot more expensive cars unaccompanied - it’s just an Emira it’s not a million pound car !

I know, it’s so over-controlling. Lotus don’t trust us and don’t trust the agents.

When I was looking for an Elise or Exige before my Evora, my dealer gave me the keys to 3 cars for the afternoon and just asked me to let him know when I’d finished with them.

When I got my Evora he let me drive one home and back to check I could fit it in the garage!

I know, it’s so over-controlling. Lotus don’t trust us and don’t trust the agents.

When I was looking for an Elise or Exige before my Evora, my dealer gave me the keys to 3 cars for the afternoon and just asked me to let him know when I’d finished with them.

When I got my Evora he let me drive one home and back to check I could fit it in the garage!
It looks like the Canadians will be beating the UK guys to a test drive. It's remarkable how Lotus have decided to treat the UK market. I just do not understand it at all. Between production delays and test drives constantly being pushed out, it all just seems very disorganized. We are in November already!