• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK test drive booking process

Question, what was stopping them giving UK dealers LHD cars, as an interim, ages ago for Demo cars? In the current climate I absolutely could of lived with that if parts supply issues is genuinely delaying RHD production!?!

I know, it’s so over-controlling. Lotus don’t trust us and don’t trust the agents.

When I was looking for an Elise or Exige before my Evora, my dealer gave me the keys to 3 cars for the afternoon and just asked me to let him know when I’d finished with them.

When I got my Evora he let me drive one home and back to check I could fit it in the garage!
Haha same here when I got I8, dealer at Newcastle just gave me the keys and I said I’m taking car back home as I can only buy car if it fits in my garage with the flippy out doors, and WHOO HOO it did fit ( always keep my pride and joys safe n sound in garage ) I also took car to Sainsburys to check I cud park it without being jammed in lol
This is how you sell cars 🚙 🚗
Lots of 🚩 with Lotus can imagine them being difficult with any warranty claims

Haha same here when I got I8, dealer at Newcastle just gave me the keys and I said I’m taking car back home as I can only buy car if it fits in my garage with the flippy out doors, and WHOO HOO it did fit ( always keep my pride and joys safe n sound in garage ) I also took car to Sainsburys to check I cud park it without being jammed in lol
This is how you sell cars 🚙 🚗
Lots of 🚩 with Lotus can imagine them being difficult with any warranty claims
warranty claims... dont be ridiculous, there wont be any faults with these cars...... you can trust lotus on that, as much as you can on their delivery dates :)

Close. They’ve got problems activating the trackers on some of the demo cars. And some cars haven’t reached dealers yet.
Some people might think there is an underlying problem with the software build for some UK cars.

Close. They’ve got problems activating the trackers on some of the demo cars. And some cars haven’t reached dealers yet.
I do hope that all the demo cars have some serious run in miles in them, so would hate to be restricted to 3-4k running in revs. Maybe, they are waiting for dealers/agents to accumulate some miles on the cars and become familiar with them. Watched a Caffyne YouTube agent explaining most of the controls last night. So I guess they have to get all up to speed on the controls etc.

Could we request a home build kit? Cant be much harder than a Caterham or the type.

Attachments

• IMG_0256.JPG
    IMG_0256.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 29
Build time is only 12 hours, you could build one over the weekend 💡

Lotus could offer DIY build alongside Hethel collection 😀
with some of the quality issues we are seeing, Im not sure this isn't exactly whats going on...... haha

I actually thinking of sending an email and tell Lotus to deliver my car in a box, that I can put it together faster than they can!

Last edited:
Bristol have confirmed that they will only be doing test drives on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with 5 slots per day.

“It’s a first come first serve basis so keep an eye out for the email.”

15 a week? That's going to take a while to get through everyone.

15 a week? That's going to take a while to get through everyone.
Omg it just keeps getting better and better - so if all dealers adopted this approach I wouldn’t be able to get demo as work Monday to Friday.
Everything is so prescription certainly not tailored for the customers

Bristol have confirmed that they will only be doing test drives on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with 5 slots per day.

“It’s a first come first serve basis so keep an eye out for the email.”
What? This might be another nail in the coffin as sounds like it will be pure luck as to whether a test drive will be possible before needing to commit for Jan delivery

What? This might be another nail in the coffin as sounds like it will be pure luck as to whether a test drive will be possible before needing to commit for Jan delivery
If all dealer/agents have this policy of approx 15 drives per week. Any we have only 10-14 agents then approx 200 test drives a week- for two weeks then less than 500 lucky guys and gals are going to test out of the priority list. Then it’s open to all. I cannot see this working - another disappointment I am afraid. I feel for R8 and others who work Monday to Friday. I hope that other agents are more accommodating than Bristol in this Prescriptive arrangement - we will see.

That would reignite customer interest again, offering a Shadow program to follow the build process as it occurs: a Day in the Life of a Lotus Emira .
Who is up for this?