• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK test drive booking process

Waiting for the emails to drop like...

View attachment 10565
Hi, I had an invite to review the "fat fast SUV" today at Lotus Southampton for 1.30pm. Arrived in the car park with no one insight, it looked closed! I went into the showroom and its was empty, chap in reception was on the phone but said just go around the corner! A blue Emira on its own!! Iv striped to upload pictures but who knows if they will arrive.

In all my years Ive never had a car show room visit like this. Steve and Emma looked after me and basically said help yourself, no messing just sit in it, play and view the car? I was the only person there, that's pretty cool.

Regarding test drives, I was told all dealers will go live together, so there are no conflicting crap and you will be notified direct from Lotus. From Southampton I understand there will be a 20 minute test drive on a route that avoids speed traps etc. From my discussion they have a problem with the tracker working properly for all demo cars, engineers apparently in Scotland tomorrow and Southampton Monday. Im guessing this is to avoid idiots going off piste and to ensure if you do crash your screwed.

Tongue was firmly in cheek writing it.
I have been checking my email all day, but nothing has dropped in from Lotus.
Then I thought, I would here first from the forum from those that are at an higher priority status.
But nothing!
I suppose I may be doing this for some weeks!

I have been checking my email all day, but nothing has dropped in from Lotus.
Then I thought, I would here first from the forum from those that are at an higher priority status.
But nothing!
I suppose I may be doing this for some weeks!
I have waiting for someone to start the new epic thread “Anyone received their test drive booking notification yet?” So that I can subscribe for updates.

So.... did the test drive emails start dropping today then????
yep - just recieved 5 mins ago - went straght to the booking system and now in a queue of 28 people!

Booked mine for this Wednesday morning 10.30am… it also happens to be my birthday so great timing :)

Absolutely fantastic, I get an invite to test drive a manual car, even though I ordered an automatic

Despite the fact that I drive past the Hethel twice a day, I’m expected to drive two hours away for a test drive at a lotus dealer

I’ve given up even contacting customer service anymore because they just don’t respond

One day there might be a Netflix movie made all about the purchase experience of an Emira

At the moment, All dealers have availability over the next 10 days except Bell and Colvill who only have spaces from 18th onwards.

now confirmed 10.45 wednesday :cool:

Seems there are 4 one hour slots per day, 3 days per week, with 40 minute drive time.

Last edited:
Booked for next Friday at Bristol!
I grabbed a slot on Monday. It would be great if you could share the route after you have driven it. I’d be keen to give it a run in a something over the weekend to give me point of reference.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back