• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK test drive booking process

Bristol have confirmed that they will only be doing test drives on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with 5 slots per day.

“It’s a first come first serve basis so keep an eye out for the email.”
Honestly who thinks this shit up at Lotus 🤣🤦

Would I have to bring my own parts?
Yes. But you have to send them ahead of time for approval. No, you may not have specifications on what meets approval.

Man... I've been super keen waiting to jump in and make a test drive booking, but I think I'm actually going to hang back when it opens up next week... there are heaps of people who need to get their bum in a seat more urgently than I do (in terms of commitment-to-buy date) 😑

The fact I even have to think like that makes me sad.

Bristol have confirmed that they will only be doing test drives on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with 5 slots per day.

“It’s a first come first serve basis so keep an eye out for the email.”
Drove past yesterday and thought I’d pop in but doors shut with a sign saying by appointment only. A Bentley parked upstairs beneath the Lotus sign. Not very welcoming.

Sounds like a run up through the Cotswolds instead is in order.

I had confirmation from Lotus today that test drive booking is not a huge free-for-all amongst all deposit holders.

The emails about booking process will be sent out in priority order, starting with people who will be soonest to reach checkout. That is likely to mean people with build months of Nov and Dec will get it first - Lotus couldn't say exactly how many would be emailed in the first batch or whether it aligns precisely with build months but the principle is being applied. So early birds should get an email early next week and later laggards will get their email further into the week or the week after.

I've also confirmed it will be possible to book two test drives at different dealers if you want to test both Sports and Touring (or leather and alcantara). Lotus will also publish information on the specifications of the cars at each dealer to help people select the test drive location if car spec is important.

The only possible issue I can see is the email just containing a generic booking link rather than a personalised one. If that's the case (Lotus couldn't confirm) and it gets posted online then it'll be chaos.

I gather some dealers still don't have a demo car and some have got a car but the tracker isn't activated yet. Fingers crossed it gets sorted so I can get a test drive before I have to head off travelling.

Man... I've been super keen waiting to jump in and make a test drive booking, but I think I'm actually going to hang back when it opens up next week... there are heaps of people who need to get their bum in a seat more urgently than I do (in terms of commitment-to-buy date) 😑

The fact I even have to think like that makes me sad.
Love you ❤

I had confirmation from Lotus today that test drive booking is not a huge free-for-all amongst all deposit holders.

The emails about booking process will be sent out in priority order, starting with people who will be soonest to reach checkout. That is likely to mean people with build months of Nov and Dec will get it first - Lotus couldn't say exactly how many would be emailed in the first batch or whether it aligns precisely with build months but the principle is being applied. So early birds should get an email early next week and later laggards will get their email further into the week or the week after.

I've also confirmed it will be possible to book two test drives at different dealers if you want to test both Sports and Touring (or leather and alcantara). Lotus will also publish information on the specifications of the cars at each dealer to help people select the test drive location if car spec is important.

The only possible issue I can see is the email just containing a generic booking link rather than a personalised one. If that's the case (Lotus couldn't confirm) and it gets posted online then it'll be chaos.

I gather some dealers still don't have a demo car and some have got a car but the tracker isn't activated yet. Fingers crossed it gets sorted so I can get a test drive before I have to head off travelling.
This is good to hear, but I'd forgive anyone who said they were sceptical of it going according to that stated plan.

5.9% apr says it’s a generic link.

This is good to hear, but I'd forgive anyone who said they were sceptical of it going according to that stated plan.
100% … drumroll to the next shitshow. Emira booking - the gift that keeps giving. Would be glad to be wrong and eat my words but let’s see.

Drove past yesterday and thought I’d pop in but doors shut with a sign saying by appointment only. A Bentley parked upstairs beneath the Lotus sign. Not very welcoming.

Sounds like a run up through the Cotswolds instead is in order.
I popped in on Saturday after I found out the demo car was there. Same situation but I just rung the bell and asked to look at it. They were very accommodating, made me a tea and my kids were given drinks and biscuits.

I spoke to Ashley who is the Lotus contact there (he normally deals with McLaren). He's super enthusiastic about the car and was very helpful and they'd just hired a new chap to be the Lotus front man. I met him too but his name alludes me but he was really friendly too.

They spent a good 20 mins talking to me, let me sit in the car, start it, rev it in all modes and explained the test drive process.

I'd recommend giving them another try 😀

If that's the only issue you can see tom you've got that friday feeling!

Given Lotus' form to date, I fully imagine for the first week they will send out batches of emails to people who already have received their car, cancelled their order, or already have committed to build.

By the week after they will move on to those that got delivery or committed the previous week.... etc... ad lotus-sooni-itum

Bristol's tracker wasn't working, apparently due to be fixed today. I nearly replied to tell them I didn't want to test out the tracker, but managed to keep myself in check!!

Thanks Tom, I was told pretty much the same this evening. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out next week.

This just plays to their lack of customer facing experience. The test is how quickly they adjust to what motivates the customer, gives them satisfaction. The dealers must be pulling their hair out, slapping their foreheads.....wondering what they are in for. Let the guys on the front line sort it.

I popped in on Saturday after I found out the demo car was there. Same situation but I just rung the bell and asked to look at it. They were very accommodating, made me a tea and my kids were given drinks and biscuits.

I spoke to Ashley who is the Lotus contact there (he normally deals with McLaren). He's super enthusiastic about the car and was very helpful and they'd just hired a new chap to be the Lotus front man. I met him too but his name alludes me but he was really friendly too.

They spent a good 20 mins talking to me, let me sit in the car, start it, rev it in all modes and explained the test drive process.

I'd recommend giving them another try 😀
Might do. Apparently we are going to Cribbs Christmas shopping after our COVID jabs at 10:30 😂

This really doesn’t sound promising for those waiting forever to test drive (like you and I ) to determine if the car is a move forward from our Evora’s. Particularly, the people who have unceremoniously been pushed out because of testing before so called “lock-in” for build. This again is totally unfathomable.
We await how this is going to pan out. But, looks to me like we are being yet again compromised in this procedure.

5.9% apr says it’s a generic link.
100% … drumroll to the next shitshow. Emira booking - the gift that keeps giving. Would be glad to be wrong and eat my words but let’s see.
If that's the only issue you can see tom you've got that friday feeling!

Given Lotus' form to date, I fully imagine for the first week they will send out batches of emails to people who already have received their car, cancelled their order, or already have committed to build.

By the week after they will move on to those that got delivery or committed the previous week.... etc... ad lotus-sooni-itum

Bristol's tracker wasn't working, apparently due to be fixed today. I nearly replied to tell them I didn't want to test out the tracker, but managed to keep myself in check!!
I was trying to be optimistic - always a tough route to try with anything Lotus!

It did sound like they'd thought about (at least some of) it. They also offered to help line up my bookings, as I want to do Touring and Sports back to back on the same day which means travelling between two dealers. I also need to fit that around two trips outside the UK in the next 5 weeks and potentially having to make a decision about Checkout in early December.

But yes, on past form it's going to be another almighty mess :(

Waiting for the emails to drop like...

thriller-michael-jackson.gif

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back