• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

My dealer just tells me "I could tell you a date, but then you'd be mad that I lied if it's wrong, so I'll be honest... it will be here when it's here."
Weirdly I have a bit more faith this time as there are actual Emira's in this country. Equally faith is growing that it will be correctly sorted as KitKat (Lotus' U.S. driving rep) didn't break any of them this past week.

Weirdly I have a bit more faith this time as there are actual Emira's in this country. Equally faith is growing that it will be correctly sorted as KitKat (Lotus' U.S. driving rep) didn't break any of them this past week.

Oh those cars are definitely going to be broken alright.

4 days of being driven hard in the canyons every 30 minutes all day long when they arrived in the US with almost 0 miles.

RIP those piston rings.

Oh those cars are definitely going to be broken alright.

4 days of being driven hard in the canyons every 30 minutes all day long when they arrived in the US with almost 0 miles.

RIP those piston rings.
They may have run those car in prior to shipping and the reset odometer to 0 🤣
Just another conspiracy theory.

No reason to have any additional faith... we had Emiras here for test drive events more than a year ago. None of them were US spec cars then, and none of these are US spec cars now. So from a "build and deliver" perspective, these cars don't add anything new to what we know.

For the lurkers, I just submitted my FE2.0 order and second (now non-refundable) deposit here in WA. I was #133 on the list with an initial deposit just after Thanksgiving 2021. I presume at least half of those in front of me canceled based on the amount of FE's my dealer was allocated. Same spec as Harry Metcalfe except I opted for leather steering wheel at the last minute after being talked out of alcantara.

Happily surprised I got an FE allocation, but also still nervous about early reliability issues. They say expect Jan/Feb delivery. I'm internally expecting (and slightly hoping for) March or later.

For the lurkers, I just submitted my FE2.0 order and second (now non-refundable) deposit here in WA. I was #133 on the list with an initial deposit just after Thanksgiving 2021. I presume at least half of those in front of me canceled based on the amount of FE's my dealer was allocated. Same spec as Harry Metcalfe except I opted for leather steering wheel at the last minute after being talked out of alcantara.

Happily surprised I got an FE allocation, but also still nervous about early reliability issues. They say expect Jan/Feb delivery. I'm internally expecting (and slightly hoping for) March or later.
Did they give you a build date? (not that theyll meet it)
EDIT: see you listed a delivery date. Congrats. I deposited before you and just got notified I got a FE2.0 allocation. Your dealer mustve got a lot of allocations.

Same here, earlier deposit and recently got FE 2.0 allocation. Interestingly my dealer - Lotus of Charlotte - said no other payments required until I take delivery (said March). Are others having to put an additional deposit down as part of submitting the build order?

Same here, earlier deposit and recently got FE 2.0 allocation. Interestingly my dealer - Lotus of Charlotte - said no other payments required until I take delivery (said March). Are others having to put an additional deposit down as part of submitting the build order?
What you should have gotten is a copy of the confirmed order directly with Lotus that shows your personal information, locked configuration, and MSRP of the car. How much deposit is taken by the dealer is up to the dealer. If you don't see this order form, then you don't have an order/allocation.

There are quite a few dealerships that have only taken the initial $2,500 deposit and full payment when car gets here.
Also it is fully refundable. My build order was March 22 and no extra deposit was required. Fortunately I am paying msrp no ADM

Did they give you a build date? (not that theyll meet it)
EDIT: see you listed a delivery date. Congrats. I deposited before you and just got notified I got a FE2.0 allocation. Your dealer mustve got a lot of allocations.
Bellevue is apparently the #2 Lotus dealer in the US by volume after Naples, FL. Ironically, by the time my car arrives I'll be living in FL and will likely fly back to Seattle for delivery. I was told they've been allocated 33 I4's, 50 FE1.0 and 30 FE2.0.

My initial deposit was $5k and the second was $10k so now that $15k is now locked in. This is dealer dependent, and it sounds like most dealers did $2500 initial deposits.

Holman Motorcars in St. Louis has not asked for a second deposit either.

What you should have gotten is a copy of the confirmed order directly with Lotus that shows your personal information, locked configuration, and MSRP of the car. How much deposit is taken by the dealer is up to the dealer. If you don't see this order form, then you don't have an order/allocation.
I got a "Emira Order & Confirmation Lock" form that has all the confirguration details, MSRP + additional cost items that has my name info and dealer info that I was required to sign.

But the form came from my dealer, not directly from Lotus USA.

So I think where you get it from may be dependent on dealer. Also the forms don't state build date or anything like that on them. Just confirms the exact build details.

General question, the Emira doesn't have pedal or steering wheel fore/aft adjustment right?

General question, the Emira doesn't have pedal or steering wheel fore/aft adjustment right?
I believe no for pedal. Steering wheel yes, I adjusted it for my test drive back in 2022.

6:33 for reference as well

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back