• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Okay great I found the steering wheel way too close when I moved the seat forward enough to fully use the clutch pedal. Glad the steering wheel can be moved forward a bit even if the shifter is a little close too.

"Visitors to The Quail will also be able to witness the unveiling of a thrilling all-new performance car that takes inspiration from Lotus’ iconic racing heritage, and see the US debut of the Lotus Eletre Hyper-SUV."

"In addition to Button’s Evija, visitors to the Quail will also have the opportunity to witness the unveiling of an all-new track-only performance car that takes inspiration from Lotus’ iconic racing heritage and see the US debut of the Lotus Eletre Hyper-SUV." - From Motor 1

This was from an article posted online..... I didn't want to make another thread, but maybe once revealed mods can move it if worthy. Looks like there is a new limited edition track only Lotus release happening at the quail this year. Curious what it is.

Dealer called and told me that I have FE 2.0 allocation. Initial deposit Nov' 21 for a base Emira. Placed the order-V6 Auto, Touring, Nimbus, Silver wheels, Black leather, Black calipers, Leather steering with Red marker, privacy glass- I know it is a boring spec :). Expected delivery April/May'' 24, but probably later half of the year, I guess. Let's see how it works out!

Looks like there is a new limited edition track only Lotus release happening at the quail this year. Curious what it is.

Will be at Quail in a few hours. Lotus press conference scheduled for 11:15 am local time (Pacific, UK-8hr). Golden Gate Lotus Club members will attempt to stream the conference on the GGLC Facebook page.

and... the track only Lotus is rumored to be the "Type 66".

Kiyoshi

Bellevue is apparently the #2 Lotus dealer in the US by volume after Naples, FL. Ironically, by the time my car arrives I'll be living in FL and will likely fly back to Seattle for delivery. I was told they've been allocated 33 I4's, 50 FE1.0 and 30 FE2.0.

My initial deposit was $5k and the second was $10k so now that $15k is now locked in. This is dealer dependent, and it sounds like most dealers did $2500 initial deposits.
Exact same as me at Bellevue, I'm locked in for $15k too. They must have gotten a slight increase in allocations. The first number was 45 for FE 1.0. Who is your sales guy? Mine is Alan Grana and he's been great to work with.

Exact same as me at Bellevue, I'm locked in for $15k too. They must have gotten a slight increase in allocations. The first number was 45 for FE 1.0. Who is your sales guy? Mine is Alan Grana and he's been great to work with.
I'm working with Rick B., no big complaints so far. Kind of a bummer they require $15k non-refundable when most others allow you to cancel up until delivery day, but I guess it's them protecting themselves from low commitment customers.

Another Bellevue customer here. I locked in an FE 1.0 order. Still cannot believe it's been more than two years.

"Visitors to The Quail will also be able to witness the unveiling of a thrilling all-new performance car that takes inspiration from Lotus’ iconic racing heritage, and see the US debut of the Lotus Eletre Hyper-SUV."

"In addition to Button’s Evija, visitors to the Quail will also have the opportunity to witness the unveiling of an all-new track-only performance car that takes inspiration from Lotus’ iconic racing heritage and see the US debut of the Lotus Eletre Hyper-SUV." - From Motor 1

This was from an article posted online..... I didn't want to make another thread, but maybe once revealed mods can move it if worthy. Looks like there is a new limited edition track only Lotus release happening at the quail this year. Curious what it is.
Wonder if it’s just a GT4 iteration. If I had the funds I’d merge the Emira interior onto a GT4 base and rip up the road. Where I live we don’t have inspection or emissions so good to go.

Dealer called and told me that I have FE 2.0 allocation. Initial deposit Nov' 21 for a base Emira. Placed the order-V6 Auto, Touring, Nimbus, Silver wheels, Black leather, Black calipers, Leather steering with Red marker, privacy glass- I know it is a boring spec :). Expected delivery April/May'' 24, but probably later half of the year, I guess. Let's see how it works out!
Slightly envious! Us July 21s up north in Toronto still anxiously awaiting the call 😅

Slightly envious! Us July 21s up north in Toronto still anxiously awaiting the call 😅
I got a call out of the blue yesterday from my dealer in Ohio. I apparently will receive one of the first (if not THE first) I4 FE in the state. They said my spec must be submitted to Lotus by Sunday and then no changes would be possible after that.

My initial deposit of $2500 was paid 9/21. The dealer advised my I4 would be produced in January and most likely delivered in March. Very exciting, however I was hoping to drive a demo before I fully commit. Dealer said their demos were due to arrive with the same shipment as my car. Since base model price has not officially been announced, I went ahead and confirmed my spec with the understanding my deposit is still fully refundable right up until delivery. I may drop down to the base if there is a significant savings. I don’t care for many of the options except for maybe the diamond cut wheels.

Finally, I asked the dealer about the emissions approval in the US. He advised it had been worked out within the last few days and it was something to do with California specifically. He had just returned from a dealer meeting there and was able to drive an I4 as well as a V6 demo. So it seems things are moving forward. It seemed like a long wait until it suddenly wasn’t.

I got a call out of the blue yesterday from my dealer in Ohio. I apparently will receive one of the first (if not THE first) I4 FE in the state. They said my spec must be submitted to Lotus by Sunday and then no changes would be possible after that.

My initial deposit of $2500 was paid 9/21. The dealer advised my I4 would be produced in January and most likely delivered in March. Very exciting, however I was hoping to drive a demo before I fully commit. Dealer said their demos were due to arrive with the same shipment as my car. Since base model price has not officially been announced, I went ahead and confirmed my spec with the understanding my deposit is still fully refundable right up until delivery. I may drop down to the base if there is a significant savings. I don’t care for many of the options except for maybe the diamond cut wheels.

Finally, I asked the dealer about the emissions approval in the US. He advised it had been worked out within the last few days and it was something to do with California specifically. He had just returned from a dealer meeting there and was able to drive an I4 as well as a V6 demo. So it seems things are moving forward. It seemed like a long wait until it suddenly wasn’t.
Whoa, that is giant news if someone else can verify.

V6 emiras have had their emissions approved?

Whoa, that is giant news if someone else can verify.

V6 emiras have had their emissions approved?
Nothing new on EPA database. Not sure when they push updates next though. Could be end of the month.

There is roughly a two week delay between approval and online posting.
Well hell's bells, if this is actually true, we may actually start getting our cars this year! Have we finally found the exit from the Hotel California?

Remember, it’s not the despair that really crushes you. It’s the hope.
neverending-story-you-have-to-try.gif

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back