• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Ill call my dealer tomorrow and try and get the scoop. There is a nice Qvale I want on BAT but dont want to buy this if the Emira is right around the corner.
I was there on Friday and they didn't know anything new. But their new showroom is coming along very nicely!

I was there on Friday and they didn't know anything new. But their new showroom is coming along very nicely!

Dang, well at least you saved me a phone call. Is it done yet? Last time I went there they still had not migrated from the old part.

Dang, well at least you saved me a phone call. Is it done yet? Last time I went there they still had not migrated from the old part.
No, but the epoxy floor had just gone in, so it's getting close! A lot of the furniture was in, as was most of the fixtures! It's going to be pretty nice! I want to be there when they move Sato's Indy car from the current showroom to the new one. That's going to be an epic adventure in forklift maneuvers.

No, but the epoxy floor had just gone in, so it's getting close! A lot of the furniture was in, as was most of the fixtures! It's going to be pretty nice! I want to be there when they move Sato's Indy car from the current showroom to the new one. That's going to be an epic adventure in forklift maneuvers.

Yeah that will be a sight! Are you in the First FE batch? Are you local to Indy?

Yeah that will be a sight! Are you in the First FE batch? Are you local to Indy?
I got one of the last FE 1.0 allocations so I think my production is in November or December. I won’t see until February probably.

I live in the area so it’s easy for me to swing by.

Can we please keep this thread to just "US & Canada Deliveries"? That's really the only point of this thread. Not which US state is the greatest, not whether electric cars are good for the environment, not what spec you ordered, not how much your dealer is asking for a deposit, etc.

When I open this thread, I'm hoping to see updates on US & Canada deliveries. That's it.
Cars are coming “soon”. There’s the official update. Makes for a boring thread

I got one of the last FE 1.0 allocations so I think my production is in November or December. I won’t see until February probably.

I live in the area so it’s easy for me to swing by.
Ah OK, that's nice! I should be first batch if they ever show up.

So you are saying Mike is the owner of LOTUS Dallas maybe I need to meet him and ask when my car is scheduled to arrive
Brad Hansing is the owner of Earth Motor Cars. The Dallas Lotus Dealer. He purchased 2 vehicles for himself. One to drive and one for permanent display.

Can we please keep this thread to just "US & Canada Deliveries"? That's really the only point of this thread. Not which US state is the greatest, not whether electric cars are good for the environment, not what spec you ordered, not how much your dealer is asking for a deposit, etc.

When I open this thread, I'm hoping to see updates on US & Canada deliveries. That's it.
Yeah, I’ve been scrolling for 10 min to get an update here and still have no idea if any FEs have landed state side. I guess with all the banter, it’s safe to say the answer is…nope.

I pushed my FE 2.0 allocation to a base because I don’t trust that the extra allotment from Lotus wasn’t simply a ploy to drum up 2023 “sales” and revenue. Decided to just watch on the sidelines in lieu of my non refundable deposit being held hostage for another year.

Yeah, I’ve been scrolling for 10 min to get an update here and still have no idea if any FEs have landed state side. I guess with all the banter, it’s safe to say the answer is…nope.

I pushed my FE 2.0 allocation to a base because I don’t trust that the extra allotment from Lotus wasn’t simply a ploy to drum up 2023 “sales” and revenue. Decided to just watch on the sidelines in lieu of my non refundable deposit being held hostage for another year.
Check back at the end of October. That's probably the very earliest a US FE might arrive. They aren't supposed to even start production until September.

Looping in what @GatorMotorsport just posted over in this thread:

We've [...] already submitted orders for almost half of our Emira reservation list!
The expected wait time until delivery for Supercharged V6 Emira has gone down to around 12-18 months from today for new depositors. Delivery is expected in about 6 months for orders we submit to the factory today!
So then putting this all together, is my understanding below correct?
  • the North American Emira purchase process consists of:
    • step 1: put down a deposit with your local Lotus dealership
      • the "deposit" stage
    • step 2: the dealership writes your name down on a list and contacts Lotus to let them know they wish to place an order
      • the "waiting to place order" stage
    • step 3: Lotus accepts the dealer's order submission
      • the "waiting to receive car" stage
  • which translates into the following lead times:
    • place a new deposit today --> you'll get your car in 12–18 months
    • dealer submits your order today --> you'll get your car in 6 months
So then the question I'm sure most of us are asking is, how long until I get my car if my dealer submitted my order last year?

I wasn't trying to be funny with my previous post, I'm genuinely asking. 😄
Oh I totally get it! Which is, sadly, why it is funny. Feels like gallows humor now.

Shout-out for the funniest thread ever on this forum, which addresses this exact topic:

Oh I totally get it! Which is, sadly, why it is funny. Feels like gallows humor now.

Shout-out for the funniest thread ever on this forum, which addresses this exact topic:

1692742017005.png

Those were simpler times.

Looping in what @GatorMotorsport just posted over in this thread:

So then putting this all together, is my understanding below correct?
  • the North American Emira purchase process consists of:
    • step 1: put down a deposit with your local Lotus dealership
      • the "deposit" stage
    • step 2: the dealership writes your name down on a list and contacts Lotus to let them know they wish to place an order
      • the "waiting to place order" stage
    • step 3: Lotus accepts the dealer's order submission
      • the "waiting to receive car" stage
  • which translates into the following lead times:
    • place a new deposit today --> you'll get your car in 12–18 months
    • dealer submits your order today --> you'll get your car in 6 months
So then the question I'm sure most of us are asking is, how long until I get my car if my dealer submitted my order last year?
Doesn’t add up for me either. Dealerships have order books into the hundreds after the allocation orders have been removed as “order placed”. If there are 90 - 100 waiting with a deposit already and number 101 comes in today I’d say there is still a less than zero percent chance they’re getting a V6 in 18 months. That would require the dealer clearing the entire existing deposit list in 6 - 12 months from today.

They haven’t passed emissions yet. Can’t say if any are actually here in storage at the ports, I don’t believe so.

Doesn’t add up for me either. Dealerships have order books into the hundreds after the allocation orders have been removed as “order placed”. If there are 90 - 100 waiting with a deposit already and number 101 comes in today I’d say there is still a less than zero percent chance they’re getting a V6 in 18 months. That would require the dealer clearing the entire existing deposit list in 6 - 12 months from today.
Yes, I think you've read that correctly. The assumption is that Lotus is now making cars closer to capacity than they have for the last year and they will be able to fulfill the order volume for today's deposits in 18 months. I'll make up some math. If they produce about 40 cars/day x 4 days/week x 45 weeks per year then they'll have made 10,800 in 18 months.

Yes, that actually sounds reasonable.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back