• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Received a call from my dealer today. He said that the North American FE allocations should start production in September with deliveries starting in December. He also said that once the FE cars have been produced, Lotus will move right into production of the North American Base cars along side of cars for other regions. (@TomE indicated this in another thread and seems to be spot on).

So for NA folks, once production starts and cars start being delivered, it should be a simple continue to produce and work down the Deposit List to build cars for the depositors. In other words, the folks who placed a deposit for a Base Model, say in mid 2023 may have to wait the list amount of time, as North America production & deliveries will start soon (Where have I heard that before?).

He also commented that Lotus is still waiting for US Emission Certification, yet they plan on starting Production anyways, Shipping to NA and Port Storage if they need to.

From my local dealer:

We have finally begun to receive our allocation for the 2024 production of the Emira. We want to make you aware of some important dates so that you can begin to mentally prepare yourself to order.

December 2023- V6 FE 1.0 Emiras begin to arrive at Dealership
January 2024- V6 FE 2.0 production begins & i4 FE production begins
May - August 2024- V6 FE 2.0 & i4 FE begin to arrive at Dealership
June - July 2024- V6 BASE production will begin

*Cars arrive 3-6 months after production month

We have already begun to contact you individually, and we are finding our Depositors are not ready to go. We still have 3 more months of First Editions to order. Please make sure that you will be ready to place your order ASAP. Go on the configurator and build your final car asap, even if you arent sure if you are in line for a first edition. At least then you are familiar.

As we discussed, we are hoping to satisfy you guys much quicker than anticipated. Ive already ordered almost 90 cars; Your time will come QUICKER THAN YOU EXPECTED.

I'm not sure how FE V2 folks can choose colors without actually seeing the optional colors in person? Dealers in NA do not have sample color swatches and ordering off of computer images is just so difficult. And to add insult to injury, most Dealers only had a demo to drive for a few days. Yet we must be ready to order ASAP..... Lotus should have done a better job with getting these materials and demo cars to NA Dealers before we needed to make configuration decisions.

From my local dealer:

We have finally begun to receive our allocation for the 2024 production of the Emira. We want to make you aware of some important dates so that you can begin to mentally prepare yourself to order.

December 2023- V6 FE 1.0 Emiras begin to arrive at Dealership
January 2024- V6 FE 2.0 production begins & i4 FE production begins
May - August 2024- V6 FE 2.0 & i4 FE begin to arrive at Dealership
June - July 2024- V6 BASE production will begin

*Cars arrive 3-6 months after production month

We have already begun to contact you individually, and we are finding our Depositors are not ready to go. We still have 3 more months of First Editions to order. Please make sure that you will be ready to place your order ASAP. Go on the configurator and build your final car asap, even if you arent sure if you are in line for a first edition. At least then you are familiar.

As we discussed, we are hoping to satisfy you guys much quicker than anticipated. Ive already ordered almost 90 cars; Your time will come QUICKER THAN YOU EXPECTED.
Finally, some honest-to-God dates!! The kinds with month names in them!!

Looping in what @GatorMotorsport just posted over in this thread:

So then putting this all together, is my understanding below correct?
  • the North American Emira purchase process consists of:
    • step 1: put down a deposit with your local Lotus dealership
      • the "deposit" stage
    • step 2: the dealership writes your name down on a list and contacts Lotus to let them know they wish to place an order
      • the "waiting to place order" stage
    • step 3: Lotus accepts the dealer's order submission
      • the "waiting to receive car" stage
  • which translates into the following lead times:
    • place a new deposit today --> you'll get your car in 12–18 months
    • dealer submits your order today --> you'll get your car in 6 months
So then the question I'm sure most of us are asking is, how long until I get my car if my dealer submitted my order last year?
Just turned in my configuration today for the I4. Dealer said it's slated for a December build and late 1st quarter delivery. 🤞

Finally, some honest-to-God dates!! The kinds with month names in them!!
Just like they did in July of 2022, when they made near-identical promises about North American deliveries starting in Oct/Nov of 2022! And then it was Jan/Feb of 2023! And then it was "Q2" of 2023!

And then it was, "we don't have EPA regulatory certification but it's not our fault, there's an entirely unexpected and horrific queue", which isn't something that I've been able to corroborate talking to people in the regulatory know.

So when they make claims about December deliveries, and STILL don't have regulatory approval to be able to say anything of the sort, my reaction is something well beyond skepticism.

Data point for those who may be interested:

I placed my deposit with Gator in August, 2022. I am currently #38 on their remaining list after ordering all their FE allocations.

Just like they did in July of 2022, when they made near-identical promises about North American deliveries starting in Oct/Nov of 2022! And then it was Jan/Feb of 2023! And then it was "Q2" of 2023!

And then it was, "we don't have EPA regulatory certification but it's not our fault, there's an entirely unexpected and horrific queue", which isn't something that I've been able to corroborate talking to people in the regulatory know.

So when they make claims about December deliveries, and STILL don't have regulatory approval to be able to say anything of the sort, my reaction is something well beyond skepticism.
Hey, I'm just glad that they're once again pretending that we exist. 🤷‍♂️

lol no, FE 1.0 orders had to be locked since may of last year at the latest, before pictures of any color were available other than shadow and Seneca. And we haven't been able to switch specs since
Remember when people tried to get a change submitted on something like privacy glass or tire choice back in June/July of 2022, and were threatened with additional order delays if they followed through with the request? LCC acted like the cars were queued up to build and a change would delay a car by months on build date. 🤣

Now I look back on that and it seems like such absurd posturing.

Data point for those who may be interested:

I placed my deposit with Gator in August, 2022. I am currently #38 on their remaining list after ordering all their FE allocations.
So when are they predicting your order will be submitted? I imagine I’m a similar position as you as I placed my order in May 2022 , but in Canada (far less allocations than the US)

lol no, FE 1.0 orders had to be locked since may of last year at the latest, before pictures of any color were available other than shadow and Seneca. And we haven't been able to switch specs since
March I believe I had to have it locked in with a 10% non refundable deposit. I've hit old age since I ordered so I may be off by a few months.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back