• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

My guess is the demo cars will arrive with the first batch. At least for i4, last I heard from my dealership was they will put in their demo order along with first batch of fe.

Demo cars are indeed in the first batch with customer cars. The order form from Lotus even has instructions for Lotus Dealership demo car orders.

1692150757546.png

We want our cars in Oct, not demo cars. My cars supposed to be delivered in Oct but mums the word...

It's 2022 all over again. At least if the cars are delayed again, they'll "offer you an exclusive Emira driving experience ahead of receiving your vehicle." 😏

It should be pretty easy for Lotus to resend this email from August 2022 if they just replace "2023" with "2024"...

Screenshot_20230816_001227_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20230815_235138_Gmail.jpg

Demo cars are indeed in the first batch with customer cars. The order form from Lotus even has instructions for Lotus Dealership demo car orders.

View attachment 30273
You are correct. Demo cars will arrive with the first batch not before.
Unless someone knows otherwise , the earliest they will be here is December or if there are more delays then who knows. I’ve been waiting long enough so what’s another 5 to 7 months.
I’m still in and eagerly awaiting for my HY with BP, DC wheels, black calipers,
Black alcatara seat with yellow stitching, 6 speed and sport suspension.

Has anyone heard when the i4 FEs will arrive in the US? I just got offered a spot to order a FE i4 this month, and am considering it.

Has anyone heard when the i4 FEs will arrive in the US? I just got offered a spot to order a FE i4 this month, and am considering it.
No one knows. Maybe Lotus remembered that the I4 needs certification in the US, too. Maybe they didn't. It's anyone's guess.

No one knows. Maybe Lotus remembered that the I4 needs certification in the US, too. Maybe they didn't. It's anyone's guess.
My guess on this has been that since they missed the regulatory window for Model Year 2023 entirely, they have been waiting on the I4 to be ready so they can combine the V6 and I4 models in their submitted build volume plan to the EPA for Model Year 2024 (or maybe even MY2025 since that technically starts at the beginning of CY 2024), and thereby get the "fleet average" numbers for emissions down under the Tier 3 EPA limits for Small Volume Manufacturers. Triple bonus if they get the Eletre into the same model year as well.

Some delays are due to unfortunate externalities... but sometimes a delay can also be strategic.

My guess on this has been that since they missed the regulatory window for Model Year 2023 entirely, they have been waiting on the I4 to be ready so they can combine the V6 and I4 models in their submitted build volume plan to the EPA for Model Year 2024 (or maybe even MY2025 since that technically starts at the beginning of CY 2024), and thereby get the "fleet average" numbers for emissions down under the Tier 3 EPA limits for Small Volume Manufacturers. Triple bonus if they get the Eletre into the same model year as well.

Some delays are due to unfortunate externalities... but sometimes a delay can also be strategic.

Great points!

However, with China-made ICEs and EVs having a 27.5% tariff, I am not sure how many Eletre units they can sell in the US at what would be obviously an inflated price.

Great points!

However, with China-made ICEs and EVs having a 27.5% tariff, I am not sure how many Eletre units they can sell in the US at what would be obviously an inflated price.
No idea. But some, certainly. And every one helps the CAFE.

Just going to post this because it’s mostly US based but the Quail Lodge test drive was incredible.

The route was on Carmel valley road and lead follow and solo, incredible test drive format. We really got to hammer on these brand new cars for 20+ minutes and I really finally got a chance to fall in love with the Emira. Really got to ring the car out, launch it etc all on a warm sunny day. This manual was perfect and heel toed just fine, easy to drive with a predictable clutch.

I also finally got to see Magma in person and it’s beautiful and metallic.

Attachments

• IMG_0427.jpeg
    IMG_0427.jpeg
    462.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0425.jpeg
    IMG_0425.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0416.jpeg
    IMG_0416.jpeg
    309.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0402.jpeg
    IMG_0402.jpeg
    456.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0407.jpeg
    IMG_0407.jpeg
    468.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0398.jpeg
    IMG_0398.jpeg
    558.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0397.jpeg
    IMG_0397.jpeg
    475.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0391.jpeg
    IMG_0391.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0389.jpeg
    IMG_0389.jpeg
    509.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0386.jpeg
    IMG_0386.jpeg
    490.4 KB · Views: 107
Just going to post this because it’s mostly US based but the Quail Lodge test drive was incredible.

The route was on Carmel valley road and lead follow and solo, incredible test drive format. We really got to hammer on these brand new cars for 20+ minutes and I really finally got a chance to fall in love with the Emira. Really got to ring the car out, launch it etc all on a warm sunny day. This manual was perfect and heel toed just fine, easy to drive with a predictable clutch.

I also finally got to see Magma in person and it’s beautiful and metallic.

How was the Evija test drive? 😁

It would also seem that every single one of those VINs that got shipped here last month were Emiras for this event.
Were these NA Spec car. If so then certification must be approved and Lotus can stat building and shipping cars to us ignored and forgotten customers .

I’m going to lick every door handle.
@Cachaco131 stay away from the blue Emira, there were too many door handles to lick. Also, I feel bad for these cars — the entire group really romped on these and mine had just over 100 mi on it when I got it.

Hard break in miles for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back