• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I am right there with you regarding the looks! The Emira is a clear winner.

I do not find the Gearing on my 718 GTS 4.0 to be too high. I have heard this comment online before, yet many of the folks in our local PCA, including myself do not feel the gearing is any problem. Maybe this is more of a personal preference issue, so there will be lots of different view points, and I respect each.

I'm currently in the position that buying an Emira will be a total entertainment purchase, as I really do not need another vehicle, and even though I would like the Emira to be as trouble free as my Porsches have been, I realize that probably will not happen........ unfortunately. So, I can choose to delay my purchase and give Lotus more time to improve their quality & possibly offer some customization options.... or make the purchase when my spot in line come up. The decision will be partially based on how well the Emira quality looks on the FE1 cars delivered in North America starting in 2024.

I also find your comment that in North Carolina "you see Caymans everywhere" interesting......... I'm just down the road from you in South Carolina and occasionally see a Cayman or Boxster out in the wild, but not "everywhere". Might be a total economic-geographical condition and my SC Upstate area just does not have the $$ floating around for expensive sports cars to be plentiful. Yet your point that the Emira will be more exclusive is undeniable.

I hope to meet up with you someday in our Emiras and we can further discuss the Pros and Cons of Emira ownership. (y)
I love the Cayman, been a Porsche guy forever (used to race one) and have a 911T ordered as well. My thinking is there plenty of room for all. Looking to add a vintage XKE as well (truly a maintenance nightmare).

I just wanted to comment in regards to reliability. I’ve only owned one Lotus, an Elise, and I never had a single problem with it. The only time it saw the shop was for scheduled maintenance. I realize the Emira is a bit of a teething infant, but I‘m betting the kinks get worked out quickly and it will be no less reliable than a Porsche or other cars. And in full disclosure, this confidence comes from the fact it’s a Toyota engine.

Posts related to Finance & Lease discussions, have been moved here:

I love the Cayman, been a Porsche guy forever (used to race one) and have a 911T ordered as well. My thinking is there plenty of room for all. Looking to add a vintage XKE as well (truly a maintenance nightmare).

I just wanted to comment in regards to reliability. I’ve only owned one Lotus, an Elise, and I never had a single problem with it. The only time it saw the shop was for scheduled maintenance. I realize the Emira is a bit of a teething infant, but I‘m betting the kinks get worked out quickly and it will be no less reliable than a Porsche or other cars. And in full disclosure, this confidence comes from the fact it’s a Toyota engine.
So the Evora's kinks were worked out, quickly?
My 2001 Corvette was the 5th model year and almost none of the kinks from the 1997 (first year of C5) were fixed. In fact, because of the added electronics, even more kinks were present.
I certainly admire all the early customers for essentially being part of the prototype Emira testing team. Hopefully, most of you are close to your dealership and have at least one other car upon which you can rely.

My 2001 Corvette was the 5th model year and almost none of the kinks from the 1997 (first year of C5) were fixed. In fact, because of the added electronics, even more kinks were present.
I certainly admire all the early customers for essentially being part of the prototype Emira testing team. Hopefully, most of you are close to your dealership and have at least one other car upon which you can rely.
No offence here but it's not 1997 anymore. When it comes to trouble shooting, implementing fixes across suppliers and production is significantly quicker and more efficient than ever before. We are also not talking about any cutting edge tech in the Emira. Everything from powertrain, LCD touch screens etc has been around for a while.

Any new vehicle will have teething issues, the time to adopt fixes have dramatically decreased. Year 2 of production should see everything sorted IMO, apart from a bad batch of something getting installed and not a chronic issue.

Remeber a 1997 C5 was developed in 1992.... It was just a different world back then.

No offence here but it's not 1997 anymore. When it comes to trouble shooting, implementing fixes across suppliers and production is significantly quicker and more efficient than ever before. We are also not talking about any cutting edge tech in the Emira. Everything from powertrain, LCD touch screens etc has been around for a while.

Any new vehicle will have teething issues, the time to adopt fixes have dramatically decreased. Year 2 of production should see everything sorted IMO, apart from a bad batch of something getting installed and not a chronic issue.

Remeber a 1997 C5 was developed in 1992.... It was just a different world back then.
No offense taken, but a focused look at the C8 Corvette "problems/issues" folder will reveal plenty of issues in this fourth year of production.

I have a 2023 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio…It has a few notable gremlins that should have been sorted out or non-existent in its 6th year of production.

Yes, I live in Western Wake County (Raleigh/Cary, etc)....tons of tech and medical jobs here and a huge luxury car market, so yes, I see a lot of Porsches. We are the largest county in the State. We'll compare notes till we get our cars! fyi....I am also in line for a Porsche 911T but would rather have the Emira.
I live in North Raleigh and sometimes commute to North Hills where my org has an office. I see at least 5-10 Caymans/911s every commute and that has been a huge detractor for me to consider one. I even went and test drove a 911 T at Leith Porsche in Cary and while it was fun and was an impressive drive, it just doesn't really feel that 'special' around this area. Back in my hometown in central Virginia it might be, but in Raleigh, Porsches are a dime a dozen and for me that kind of ruins a big part of the experience.

I live in North Raleigh and sometimes commute to North Hills where my org has an office. I see at least 5-10 Caymans/911s every commute and that has been a huge detractor for me to consider one. I even went and test drove a 911 T at Leith Porsche in Cary and while it was fun and was an impressive drive, it just doesn't really feel that 'special' around this area. Back in my hometown in central Virginia it might be, but in Raleigh, Porsches are a dime a dozen and for me that kind of ruins a big part of the experience.
That makes it 3 Wakonian’s😉, I im in the Wake Forest area………there was a Elise last saturday at CECC, and an Evora the month prior…….FE on order ETA this winter/spring if it is for real this time😂

That makes it 3 Wakonian’s😉, I im in the Wake Forest area………there was a Elise last saturday at CECC, and an Evora the month prior…….FE on order ETA this winter/spring if it is for real this time😂
There are at least 2-3 others in the Raleigh area on this forum so I think we're roughly half a dozen strong! I met some of them at Cape Fear back in March. Check out the regional forum! It will be a blast to all meet up once we finally have our Emiras in the 'near' future!

Chubb quoted $840/year. $500 deductible, $500K Liability, agreed value at $100k. No mileage limit. (yet I have 4 other cars with them.....).
My Porsches are in the same $$ range.....
Do you have "classic" car insurance or a mainstream policy with them?

These insurance rates seem unreal compared to the quotes I’m getting. 54 years old and zero tickets and zero claims ever. The best I’m getting is $220/month for living in Atlanta burbs.

These insurance rates seem unreal compared to the quotes I’m getting. 54 years old and zero tickets and zero claims ever. The best I’m getting is $220/month for living in Atlanta burbs.
That's crazy. What kind of insurance are you getting quoted? Don't do a standard vehicle policy, they will nail you on anything that's unusual. You need classic car insurance, almost all the providers will allow you to do a new car if it is unusual or exotic.

That's crazy. What kind of insurance are you getting quoted? Don't do a standard vehicle policy, they will nail you on anything that's unusual. You need classic car insurance, almost all the providers will allow you to do a new car if it is unusual or exotic.
Exactly, have to try Hagerty or Grundy. Especially if you have two cars to put on a collector policy the premiums are really low, the only catch is a limit on commuting days and you must have a daily driver with another insurer. I am paying $4k for a year with 5 cars at Hagerty.

Specs locked in. Received acknowledgement from Lotus (via dealer) for FE 2.0. Now the waiting begins.. Hopefully it will arrive before next Summer.

Hey i also have a 2001 c5 z06, looking to add the emira to the garage. I’m curious, do you think the emira will be different enough as a second toy? Both being 2 seater manual sports cars.

Hey i also have a 2001 c5 z06, looking to add the emira to the garage. I’m curious, do you think the emira will be different enough as a second toy? Both being 2 seater manual sports cars.
I spent a lot of time in a convertible C5 Corvette. Not a Z06. If your Z06 is in good shape especially your suspension and you have low miles there may not be that big of a difference. The Emira will be my first mid engine car which is the main reason it is a must have for me since there are only three options. Emira, C8, 718.

Yes, although I haven't driven an Emira yet, I have driven an Evora. It is lighter and more directly coupled to the road compared to my C5 (last driven in 2014). The Evora's seats were far more firm and supportive, especially the side bolsters. The biggest shocker was when I still had the Z51 C5 and bought my 2008 MX5. What a change that was? The C5 felt like a tank compared to the MX5, which is 700-800 lbs lighter.

Just got call to submit my FE2.0 spec/official order. My build date is supposedly Dec/Jan (2024 I hope) which is a month or so earlier than when I was told I got a FE2.0.
I'm still skeptical they can build all the FE1.0 from Sept (planned FE1.0) to then.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back