• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

FE2.0 in DEC/JAN is some fantastic news if it ends up being true. would mean a little shorter wait for everyone

FE2.0 in DEC/JAN is some fantastic news if it ends up being true. would mean a little shorter wait for everyone
I was given the same build dates for FE 2.0, with expected delivery March/April.

I was given the same build dates for FE 2.0, with expected delivery March/April.
oh i read that too quick. i read that as delivery DEC/JAN. nvm that matches all the other info we have

Just got call to submit my FE2.0 spec/official order. My build date is supposedly Dec/Jan (2024 I hope) which is a month or so earlier than when I was told I got a FE2.0.
I'm still skeptical they can build all the FE1.0 from Sept (planned FE1.0) to then.

Woo! At that rate, you should be the first one in Huntsville with an Emira.

Hmmm.... Lotus stated earlier that 600 extra V2 F/E's are coming to North America.... Does anyone else get the feeling that this number is going to double / be a lot more V2's coming.

With allocations coming in decently for the V2 and more importantly the base configurator has not come live and probably won't until Q1. I'm not buying only 600 V2 allocations....

Probably a dumb question but when everyone refers to the "V1" or "V2" are we saying the i4 is the "V2" and the V6 was the true "V1"?

First Edition V1 = Original 700 going to NA
First Edition V2 = Lotus added an additional 600 FE's to NA

the i4 is different.....

First Edition V1 = Original 700 going to NA
First Edition V2 = Lotus added an additional 600 FE's to NA

the i4 is different.....
How the heck would anyone differentiate between the FE V1 and V2 cars if they are all V6's? Are we all really going to be able to track VIN's and start an even more confusing classification of this car? We already have 13 colors, 6 launch colors, 3 transmissions, 2 powertrains, and a Nyo in a Chinese Pear Tree.

How the heck would anyone differentiate between the FE V1 and V2 cars if they are all V6's? Are we all really going to be able to track VIN's and start an even more confusing classification of this car? We already have 13 colors, 6 launch colors, 3 transmissions, 2 powertrains, and a Nyo in a Chinese Pear Tree.

There is no difference between a FE V1 and FE V2, other than color options....... Lotus just added more First Editions to North America because of the delays.

You can also get an i4 First Edition. All FEs are not the 3.5L V6 Engine. The FE (First Edition) designation has nothing to do with Engine or Transmission choice. It is a set of options that comes standard on all First Edition cars. So you can order an FE with V6 + Auto tranny, or a V6 with manual Tranny, or an i4, all will be a First Edition car.

Last edited:

Well the FE2.0s are available in the additional colors where the FE1.0s will be one of the original six colors. Both will otherwise be identical, have the same FE badges, but the early ones will be ~$15k less.

Yeah, it's all very stupid and this confusion could have been avoided if they just kept the original FEs limited/special OR allowed those who have had orders in since early 2022 (and deposits since 2021) to also choose from the new color palette without charging a premium and/or bumping them to the back of the line. 😒

So looks like Lotus is now prioritizing I4 orders. Word has it if you want a BASE v6 you will now have to wait 12-18 months. HOWEVER, if you switch your allocation to an I4 you can get it....in 6 months....Doesnt make to much sense.

So looks like Lotus is now prioritizing I4 orders. Word has it if you want a BASE v6 you will now have to wait 12-18 months. HOWEVER, if you switch your allocation to an I4 you can get it....in 6 months....Doesnt make to much sense.
But you get a V6! Good things come to those who wait 😉

My dealer said Base deliveries for V6 will be late 24

I will reinforce the above Information.

I moved up to a FE 2.0 spot which was not expected. I had to put in my order choices quickly.

As the above, told it is a December / January build and expected delivery in the spring.

Boardwalk Dealer in San Jose.

It makes sense if their delays for NA are entirely about EPA Tier 3 compliance! Under that assumption, they would want to prioritize I4 builds to get their average fleet NMOG+NOx emissions under the 0.051 g/mi threshold for the model year. And then delay further V6 builds until they get enough I4s out the door to start front-loading their compliance.

It makes sense if their delays for NA are entirely about EPA Tier 3 compliance! Under that assumption, they would want to prioritize I4 builds to get their average fleet NMOG+NOx emissions under the 0.051 g/mi threshold for the model year. And then delay further V6 builds until they get enough I4s out the door to start front-loading their compliance.
There was an "easy" solution for that - unlock all US FE orders, increase I4 output to 400HP, and give people 30 days to decide to switch or keep the V6. I am sure quite a few would switch to a 400HP I4. They had plenty of time to do this, and I'm sure 700 sets of V6 build materials would have otherwise been absorbed in future productions. All of the past reasons for them to require locked-in orders no longer exist after this lengthy delay.

There was an "easy" solution for that - unlock all US FE orders, increase I4 output to 400HP, and give people 30 days to decide to switch or keep the V6. I am sure quite a few would switch to a 400HP I4. They had plenty of time to do this, and I'm sure 700 sets of V6 build materials would have otherwise been absorbed in future productions. All of the past reasons for them to require locked-in orders no longer exist after this lengthy delay.
Well they have yet to build a single I4 for any country other than China, and the cars for that market have material differences of various kinds.

The start of US production of any variant still hasn't arrived, so it remains to be seen how they'll actually balance the production mix. I suspect their original narratives about batches will go out the window.

I will reinforce the above Information.

I moved up to a FE 2.0 spot which was not expected. I had to put in my order choices quickly.

As the above, told it is a December / January build and expected delivery in the spring.

Boardwalk Dealer in San Jose.
Nice to see that we are all getting a consistent message.

The easiest way would have been to cancel the V6 Auto box, leaving the i4 as the only automatic Emira. This would ensure a more emission balanced fleet. At this point I don't understand the V6 automatic.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back