• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

One day till September! My cars supposed to be here in October!! Woohoo!!! Cant wait guys! Think it will happen? I havent heard otherwise yet.
Everyone laughs at me, but isnt that what our dealers told us..............LOL.

Reactions: vdr
I was 34th (July 15th 2022 deposit) on the list at EuroCar in Costa Mesa, CA. Missed out on V1 and V2 allocations (12 and 17 respectively). As of yesterday, Zach confirmed I'm 4th on the V6 base list (assuming they don't receive any further V6 FE allocations). Was offered an FE I4 slot but holding out for the V6 manual. I can wait...

Everyone laughs at me, but isnt that what our dealers told us..............LOL.
I was told FE 1.0s will trickle in starting late November along with dealer demo cars. But as we all know, timeliness isn't really a Lotus thing.

One day till September! My cars supposed to be here in October!! Woohoo!!! Cant wait guys! Think it will happen? I havent heard otherwise yet.

My last official order update from Lotus says "production for the US market will not commence until January 2023, with of a target of March for the first car arrivals.." 😂

My last official order update from Lotus says "production for the US market will not commence until January 2023, with of a target of March for the first car arrivals.." 😂
Lotus fixed the problem of sending out inaccurate order updates to their customers by no longer sending out order updates to their customers.

The easiest way would have been to cancel the V6 Auto box, leaving the i4 as the only automatic Emira. This would ensure a more emission balanced fleet. At this point I don't understand the V6 automatic.
I mean the V6 Auto made perfect sense when they were launching it in 2021, with an expected on-sale date of Q1 2022. They were literally saying in interviews in June/July of 2021 that the car should be in customer hands by then. As we know, that didn't happen, not even close. But the plan was for it to happen, and the I4 was still at least a year behind it (later) in planned release. Now it's all muddled together but only in hindsight.

Hey there

I am new to this and I was able to get a build scheduled for January 2024 for a Feb / Early March Delivery.

But, after reading some of this, It sounds like they're slow as F.

Do you think there is a chance it will happen? Or is it 99% likely my car will be delayed indefinitely?

The first batch is due for fall 2023, right?

So if they crank those babies out, then is it more likely mine will be on time?

Last edited:
OUCH. I haven't received that update....ODD.

Hey there

I am new to this and I was able to get a build scheduled for January 2024 for a Feb Delivery.

Do you think there is a chance it will happen? Or is it 99% likely my car will be delayed indefinitely?

If you live in the United States, I put a zero percent chance on your delivery month being 30 days after your build month.

If you have an FE official order, I could very well see a build date by January 2024, but delivery will be many months after that.

Hey there

I am new to this and I was able to get a build scheduled for January 2024 for a Feb Delivery.

Lotus has yet to keep a promise on dates. If there was any chance of US cars arriving "Fall 2023" the first ones would already have been spotted rolling down the production line. Add a minimum of 2 months from production date to delivery, probably more if you're on the west coast.

OUCH. I haven't received that update....ODD.
I think you guys are reading it wrong, he's saying his last official update was from fall 2022. He's not saying he got a new one which has further pushed things back.

Lotus has yet to keep a promise on dates. If there was any chance of US cars arriving "Fall 2023" the first ones would already have been spotted rolling down the production line. Add a minimum of 2 months from production date to delivery, probably more if you're on the west coast.
Ok so there is already evidence that the 2023 first batch of USA cars is delayed?

Hey there

I would revise your impression. They aren't *slow as F", in fact it isn't about speed at all. Rather, they're completely full of shit about build and delivery dates. Utterly without anything resembling a trustworthy process or plan.

Do not believe a single thing a Lotus dealer or Lotus themselves tell you about when you should expect a car, unless you just like to be frustrated, disappointed, and unhappy. Lower your expectation to "Hopefully I'll get a car sometime in the next 24 months, and I don't care when", and you'll be much better prepared for the journey.

I just did spec on my i4 2 weeks ago and got confirmation from dealer. It does say I will get something from lotus USA when order is confirmed. Has anyone else received confirmation from lotus or just dealer that your order is placed

Ok so there is already evidence that the 2023 first batch of USA cars is delayed?
I would say there's an absence of evidence that the US FE1.0 cars are on time. Lotus typically announces delays right after the current deadline has passed.

Last OFFICIAL email I have says this...LOL

Original Order Submission
Previously Communicated Production Month
Updated Production Month
Expected Customer Delivery
March '22​
January '23​
April '23​
July '23​

However I must have been told over the phone OR THROUGH THIS FORUM about the delays afterwards. I remember EAGLE7 getting snippy with me cause I was pretty pissed when they missed the deadline and Lotus had NOT said one word to me/us after the production date was supposed to start.

We are living in a fairy tale with Lotus if we think they can keep up on schedule. I am NOT shitting on the dealer, they are trying to make cake out of dirt with this one and are just as lost as we are.

Actually I just found this in my email. This one was from March "
To those who've already placed your order for a First Edition V6 Emira
I'll rip off the bad news band-aid first.. There is a further delay to your delivery date. This is not because of production issues but a delay caused by emissions/safety certifications for U.S. market cars. As previously communicated, FE V6 production will begin in May & vehicles will start to arrive stateside at the end of July; however, they will not be released to dealers until all certifications are completed. This has been quoted between weeks 42-50 of this year (mid-October thru December). After that point, cars will be released from port proportionate to the previously mentioned timelines

If their goal was to confuse the consumers, well done. Mission accomplished. The ONLY silver lining is I have now amassed enough cash to pay for this without finance AND if it comes after Jan1 I wont have to pay personal property taxes on it this year.

If their goal was to confuse the consumers, well done. Mission accomplished. The ONLY silver lining is I have now amassed enough cash to pay for this without finance AND if it comes after Jan1 I wont have to pay personal property taxes on it this year.
If they somehow get their act together and deliver cars this winter, I'm not taking delivery mid-way through December. I'll make them sit on it for 2 weeks until I can get there after Jan 1 to complete the paperwork. No way am I paying an extra $4500 in property tax for a few weeks of ownership in mid-winter when I can't even drive it then. And yes, there's a way to get the tax pro-rated, but you almost have to take them to court to get it done.

There was an "easy" solution for that - unlock all US FE orders, increase I4 output to 400HP, and give people 30 days to decide to switch or keep the V6. I am sure quite a few would switch to a 400HP I4. They had plenty of time to do this, and I'm sure 700 sets of V6 build materials would have otherwise been absorbed in future productions. All of the past reasons for them to require locked-in orders no longer exist after this lengthy delay.
Is the V6 manual crowd really willing to switch to a 400hp m139 dct?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back