• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I just did spec on my i4 2 weeks ago and got confirmation from dealer. It does say I will get something from lotus USA when order is confirmed. Has anyone else received confirmation from lotus or just dealer that your order is placed
I sent my specs for the I4 to my dealer 2 weeks ago and was told the same story re: next communication would be from Lotus confirming the build. I was promised a December build and late 1st Q delivery. 🤞

I sent my specs for the I4 to my dealer 2 weeks ago and was told the same story re: next communication would be from Lotus confirming the build. I was promised a December build and late 1st Q delivery. 🤞
LOL what dealer is telling people this?

I never got anything official from lotus when I did my build for what its worth.

Is the V6 manual crowd really willing to switch to a 400hp m139 dct?
Not most V6 orders would switch, but I would guess that quite a few would. I remember when the car was first announced, there was a lot of back and forth discussion about V6 vs I4. There was significant focus of the I4 being down on power and placed as the "entry level" car. If there was power parity, the I4 could be regarded as just a different variant, and not "less" than the V6. I for one would be seriously tempted.

They don’t prorate the property tax? That would really surprise me…No one would buy a house or a car after January!
Its what you o
So sales tax for you would be $8,000 ish. And you pay $4,500 in year one. It better only be $300 a year after that! Sheesh.
So the sales tax is capped at $500, then you pay property tax each year with your registration. The property tax in year 1 is about $1200, then dropped each year, so over approximately 8+ years equals 7% of the purchase cost. By year 8, the property tax is usually down to about $60....

Yes, Property Tax!! So in South Carolina we pay only a maximum of $500 in Sales Tax on a new vehicle. Yet we pay Property Tax each year on the vehicle based on its value. It takes about 8 to 10 years of Property Tax to reach the same $$ as a 7% sales tax so its an eventual wash. But the first year is the most, so I totally see why @Porter would wait a few weeks!
In Ontario Canada we pay 13% tax and a new luxury tax on anything over $100k... don't know how that works.
So around $17k tax plus luxury tax.. not sure how that one is calculated

Yeah, MO where I live is basically 9% split between city, county, state for sales tax so essentially a $10K bill (but you can offset a prorated portion if you sell a vehicle in the same time period). Then we have property tax annually which will likely be another $1500 a year.

Finally September has arrived. NA cars supposedly due to start production. No news OH wait Lotus does not work on a Friday.
Hopefully on Monday we in NA will hear some good news. Like a press release or even an email to us.
Something like this.
"To all our US FE.1 Depositor we are happy to let you know your 2 plus year wait is over. Production has Started. But wait no certification yet so who knows when you will be taking delivery of your elusive car"
OR will we be let down once again. NA deliveries delayed till 1Q 2024

Finally September has arrived. NA cars supposedly due to start production. No news OH wait Lotus does not work on a Friday.
Hopefully on Monday we in NA will hear some good news. Like a press release or even an email to us.
Something like this.
"To all our US FE.1 Depositor we are happy to let you know your 2 plus year wait is over. Production has Started. But wait no certification yet so who knows when you will be taking delivery of your elusive car"
OR will we be let down once again. NA deliveries delayed till 1Q 2024
What if all the calls about i4 builds means they know those are queued up to easily pass US certification and they leapfrog the V6 orders? ........... diabolical! 💣

Rest easy boys, I’ll be doing a factory tour on October 9 and hope to see US cars in production. Really hoping to see my car while im there but I know that’s a long shot.

Will also be looking for non U.S. left hand drive headlight part numbers. I’de rather not have the amber indicator.
I’ll be doing the factory tour on Sept. 19th.
Hope to find out all the information on U.S. certification, U.S. production schedule, shipping schedule, etc.

I vomited in my mouth a little bit on reading that one.
Yes, both the rumors and realities of delays are getting
increasingly hard to swallow. There's only so much you can stomach. We've had a steady diet of this. No wonder the call for a management purge. Many are fed up.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back