• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

US configurator website states price includes VAT.

In US they don't call it VAT, it's State Sales Tax, which varies by state.

Can anyone confirm if the US configurator quoted price includes State Sales Tax?

(This is a long thread sorry if this has already been answered.)

View attachment 31076
It doesn’t, it’s wrong.

The US Configurator is full of errors. Lotus has done a poor job with it, so take whatever it says with some skepticism.

Regarding "Lane assist", I do not know how it is done with hydraulic power assisted steering?? Doesn't the car need Electric Assisted Steering if the car is going to "tweak", as in move, the steering to keep you in the lane? Lets not confuse "Lane Assist" with "Blind Spot Monitor".

Can anyone confirm if the US configurator quoted price includes State Sales Tax?

View attachment 31076
Just a failure to update the site…Not only do we not use the term “VAT” (or have a Value-Added Tax) in the US, no one outside of the UK says “road fund license” either.

Regarding "Lane assist", I do not know how it is done with hydraulic power assisted steering?? Doesn't the car need Electric Assisted Steering if the car is going to "tweak", as in move, the steering to keep you in the lane?
I agree. However, the car can beep madly at you instead of taking over the wheel, and still be called Lane "Assist" ?

I agree. However, the car can beep madly at you instead of taking over the wheel, and still be called Lane "Assist" ?
Ahhh, kind of like the Blind Spot Monitor when you try to change lanes and it detects a car, yet it's looking at the lane markers? We will wait and see what Lotus offers....... :unsure:

Ahhh, kind of like the Blind Spot Monitor when you try to change lanes and it detects a car, yet it's looking at the lane markers? We will wait and see what Lotus offers....... :unsure:
The absolute last thing I want in the Emira (or any Sports car) is lane assist. I detest that "feature" in my wife's SUV. Every time I go to merge on dotted lines on an onramp (not even changing lanes per se) it fights me with the steering wheel and to me is borderline dangerous, especially when you're not accustomed to it.

I'm thankful my daily has virtually zero 'driver assist' features and that the Emira doesn't, either. While they may help in some situations (blind spot monitor is useful and backup cameras I'm sure prevent lots of small fender benders), I think they also contribute to lazy and inattentive driving. Just my opinion, but even if these were 'free' features in the Emira, I'd opt out of all of them besides the backup camera.

I know I should take everything with a grain of salt but what are some of the latest lead time you guys are hearing from dealers for the I4 & V6?

I know I should take everything with a grain of salt but what are some of the latest lead time you guys are hearing from dealers for the I4 & V6?
I think this is the best summary I've got. You can see the dates slip over time. It's September so FE 1.0 V6s are supposed to be in production right now. This hasn't been confirmed yet, but a couple forum members have factory visits scheduled this month and next. They will hopefully get more info.

Aside from production, we're still waiting on type approval which was last quoted in March as October to December, 2023 for the EPA portion

From Gator in March, 2023:
-V6 production will begin in May
-Vehicles will start to arrive stateside at the end of July
-They will not be released to dealers until all certifications are completed.
-This has been quoted between weeks 4.
The tentative timeline for 2024 is as follows:
FE AMG I4 production Jan-Apr
Base V6 production May-Dec
Base AMG I4 production Aug - Dec

From Gator in August, 2023:
-Expected wait time until delivery for Supercharged V6 Emira has gone down to around 12-18 months from today for new depositors
-Delivery is expected in about 6 months for orders we submit to the factory today!
-Almost immediate order availability for AMG I4 Emira, with expected delivery in around 6 months
-First batch of base orders early next year followed by the production for that batch starting around May, 2024 through Dec, 2024

From page 131 of this thread quoting someone's dealership:
December 2023- V6 FE 1.0 Emiras begin to arrive at Dealership
January 2024- V6 FE 2.0 production begins & i4 FE production begins
May - August 2024- V6 FE 2.0 & i4 FE begin to arrive at Dealership
June - July 2024- V6 BASE production will begin

*Cars arrive 3-6 months after production month

View attachment 31076
I'm going to guess that VAT is included in the United States as well, mostly because it would be $0 and doesn't exist here.

Does anyone have any more familiarity with how the CARB works? I've been checking their site every now and then and they have not released any new executive orders for over a month now. Looking back through the years, it's a pretty consistent/constant flow of new EOs being released. I've not seen a break like this.

Are they all on vacation?

I think this is the best summary I've got. You can see the dates slip over time. It's September so FE 1.0 V6s are supposed to be in production right now. This hasn't been confirmed yet, but a couple forum members have factory visits scheduled this month and next. They will hopefully get more info.

Aside from production, we're still waiting on type approval which was last quoted in March as October to December, 2023 for the EPA portion

From Gator in March, 2023:
-V6 production will begin in May
-Vehicles will start to arrive stateside at the end of July
-They will not be released to dealers until all certifications are completed.
-This has been quoted between weeks 4.
The tentative timeline for 2024 is as follows:
FE AMG I4 production Jan-Apr
Base V6 production May-Dec
Base AMG I4 production Aug - Dec

From Gator in August, 2023:
-Expected wait time until delivery for Supercharged V6 Emira has gone down to around 12-18 months from today for new depositors
-Delivery is expected in about 6 months for orders we submit to the factory today!
-Almost immediate order availability for AMG I4 Emira, with expected delivery in around 6 months
-First batch of base orders early next year followed by the production for that batch starting around May, 2024 through Dec, 2024

From page 131 of this thread quoting someone's dealership:
December 2023- V6 FE 1.0 Emiras begin to arrive at Dealership
January 2024- V6 FE 2.0 production begins & i4 FE production begins
May - August 2024- V6 FE 2.0 & i4 FE begin to arrive at Dealership
June - July 2024- V6 BASE production will begin

*Cars arrive 3-6 months after production month

Thanks, what I got from my dealer when I placed the deposit a couple days ago was late 2024 for I4 and Mid 2025 for V6 or sooner.

Thanks, what I got from my dealer when I placed the deposit a couple days ago was late 2024 for I4 and Mid 2025 for V6 or sooner.
Sadly, the linchpin for all schedules is Dealer allocation.
Wish every deposit could be a timely order.
Under different circumstances, Soon.

So someone just place a deposit a couple days ago and was told they can expect 12 to 18 months or less.

Then if I place my deposit back on Oct '22 then I would figure I'm looking at 6months or so? lol

So someone just place a deposit a couple days ago and was told they can expect 12 to 18 months or less.

Then if I place my deposit back on Oct '22 then I would figure I'm looking at 6months or so? lol
Probably because they didn't even start low rate production work on the US model until last May just to start the US certification process. But now that the certification is done/almost done. They're ramping up for full production. So for the 1st 6 months after you placed your order, nothing much was being done.

Probably because they didn't even start low rate production work on the US model until last May just to start the US certification process. But now that the certification is done/almost done. They're ramping up for full production. So for the 1st 6 months after you placed your order, nothing much was being done.
To be fair, we don't have any direct verifiable evidence that anyone is "ramping up" anything.

After watching this company screw up some pretty basic stuff over and over again for the past 2 and 1/2 years, my basic rule with Lotus is that if someone didn't see it with their own eyes and report back, and preferably take a picture of it, then it doesn't exist. Everything else is empty promises and occasional outright lies.

News from a source told me to expect another delay "soon". We all know its coming, but it stings when it actually happens. They have been spot on in the past.

They didn't go into any models, or variations, just that N/A delays are going to be coming "soon". Sorry I don't have anymore information than that.

News from a source told me to expect another delay "soon". We all know its coming, but it stings when it actually happens. They have been spot on in the past.

They didn't go into any models, or variations, just that N/A delays are going to be coming "soon". Sorry I don't have anymore information than that.

Yeah, dealers waiting for products to sell probably called the factory wondering about the cars they ordered 18 months ago. For all the dealers that refreshed their facilities, or even built new ones, the lack of products to sell is not just an annoyance, but a real threat to their continued survival. Those loans need payment and the bank doesn't care about excuses.

Yeah, dealers waiting for products to sell probably called the factory wondering about the cars they ordered 18 months ago. For all the dealers that refreshed their facilities, or even built new ones, the lack of products to sell is not just an annoyance, but a real threat to their continued survival. Those loans need payment and the bank doesn't care about excuses.
Yeah, cant keep up the bills with no new inventory. And with sports car sales slowing down, it could get ugly. Also Lotus made (maybe I dont know, just what I heard) the dealers match some new color schemes and layouts to match their new design. Im betting Lotus corp did not cover those costs.

I'm still keeping my place in line until I have to make a decision to Order, or Delay or Refund my Deposit. I really need to see Lotus deliver a quality product to North America, then I'm in! And if it takes them until Model Year 2026 to do it, I can wait....... Plus, if the economy continues to decline and interest rates stay high, there might be some Emira bargains out there in 2026.... or possibly sooner . :unsure:

"Good things come to those who wait"

I am sure the guys going on factory tours this month will let us know if production has in fact started.... I feel that it will have a further couple months delay at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back