USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Yeah, MO where I live is basically 9% split between city, county, state for sales tax so essentially a $10K bill (but you can offset a prorated portion if you sell a vehicle in the same time period). Then we have property tax annually which will likely be another $1500 a year.
Holy 💩. Do you get a reduced tax rate on your house. Good thing you don’t have additional income taxes too 🤠💸

Getting back about the cars. Have we any idea if the base modes will offer lane departure systems?

In discussions with the Lotus Rep, he said no lane departure or lane keeping assistance was planned. Only the Blind Spot Monitor would be implemented on the Base model. Yet given Lotus.... who knows what and when anything will be offered :unsure:

I heard that ADAS will be an option on future variants of Emira and not standard. But who knows..... We are still a year+ away of seeing any base model editions. If they bring the configurator out in q1 2024, builds won't even begin until mid summer....

In discussions with the Lotus Rep, he said no lane departure or lane keeping assistance was planned. Only the Blind Spot Monitor would be implemented on the Base model. Yet given Lotus.... who knows what and when anything will be offered :unsure:
I’m sure we’ll hear something official “soon”🕰️

I know this is a silly question because no one has any idea, but… I’m paying a big ADM to get an FE2.0. It’s starting to seem like I could cancel that order, place a new order for base with a local dealer that doesn’t charge ADM, and only delay by 6 months or less. Big cost savings and potentially a better car. Is that crazy?

I know this is a silly question because no one has any idea, but… I’m paying a big ADM to get an FE2.0. It’s starting to seem like I could cancel that order, place a new order for base with a local dealer that doesn’t charge ADM, and only delay by 6 months or less. Big cost savings and potentially a better car. Is that crazy?
It's anyone's guess when the base models will become available, although things do seem to be moving faster than before. Personally, I would not pay an ADM on an Emira.

@Barfly It is really a personal decision I think that only you can make. I respect @Nova and @kitkat opinions very much. I personally am paying ADM for a FE 1.0 at Galpin. Mine is price locked so an ADM on a 2.0 for me WOULD be a tough decision.

Last edited:
define "big" ? It may or may not be worth it depending on the size of the ADM and if you care about all the extra options. Mostly KEF audio, 12 way seats, leather / alcatara interiors etc....

No it’s not. Paying ADM on a base model is.

I can go to the back of the line with a base and pay MSRP.
Time is money. You probably are looking at a 9 month-ish wait from FE 2 delivery for a Base you can spec to your liking at less than FE v2 plus ADM.
You always have the option of a spot at another dealer.
Consider what Lotus said: Worth the wait. Or not.
What pleases you most?

Time is money. You probably are looking at a 9 month-ish wait from FE 2 delivery for a Base..........

I'm not sure that it will be "9 month-ish" wait from a FE 2 to a Base..... (Yet with Lotus who knows? :rolleyes:)

My understanding is that Base orders will follow FE 2 orders rather quickly (in Lotus time), assuming the Emira gets US Certification. Why would Lotus need to wait 9 months to put in orders after the FE 2's?

A Delay of 3 months .... sure,..... yet 9... that's probably an excessive estimate, and depends on the Dealer and the number in-line for Base Models in front of a new deposit. I'm in line for a base and my Dealers says they should start placing orders for Base Models in Feb-March of 2024.

It's all a guessing game, and frankly, I would rather wait and give Lotus more time to sort out their quality issues, then order a Base with the options/color that I want. Yet I have other cars to keep me occupied in the meantime. Everybody's situation is different.

Then as I finish writing this message..... I get a feeling that @EspritGuy will probably be correct at 9 months (maybe more for a new Base Order today) given all the issue with Lotus rolling out the Emira. o_O

Has anyone received their approval email from Lotus? When I submitted my order two weeks ago, I got the acknowledgment email.

"Thank you for submitting your order. We will review the submission to verify the order is for a previously approved Emira depositor. An approval or denial email will be sent after review. These emails will include a link to the completed form where edits can be made as needed. All orders will be considered locked-in at the close of business on the 20th of each month. No further edits can be made after the 20th."

I'm asking because my dealer is nearly impossible to reach, he doesn't reply to voicemails or emails and I live 2 hours away. When I made the initial deposit, the approval came in 3 days.

You shouldn’t be able to buy your way up the queue for a FE. Your place in line is where it is. Does it happen? Maybe, but virtually everyone that said they were told that have found the dealership publicly denies the possibility of buying an allocation with ADM.

Your rep may have just tacked on an ADM to boost his commission but your place in the line had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Has anyone received their approval email from Lotus? When I submitted my order two weeks ago, I got the acknowledgment email.

"Thank you for submitting your order. We will review the submission to verify the order is for a previously approved Emira depositor. An approval or denial email will be sent after review. These emails will include a link to the completed form where edits can be made as needed. All orders will be considered locked-in at the close of business on the 20th of each month. No further edits can be made after the 20th."

I'm asking because my dealer is nearly impossible to reach, he doesn't reply to voicemails or emails and I live 2 hours away. When I made the initial deposit, the approval came in 3 days.
I submitted mine and have not received an acknowledgment email. My dealer called last week and said he will send over the Lotus acceptance when he gets it.

So an acknowledgment letter that said you can potentially be denied? Sounds strange to me.

I received this email on 05/14/2022 followed by my approval email on 05/16/2022. Keep in mind, these emails are to your dealer and you are being cc'd.

Well, in true Lotus fashion of not telling everyone something or not telling someone everything: Motor1 tested a 2024 in July:
“Volvo will also donate active safety to the Emira, giving Lotus access to adaptive cruise control, forward collision prevention, and lane assist for the first time. My test car featured the last gizmo, but the former two will likely only be available on cars with automated transmissions”

Last edited:
US configurator website states price includes VAT.

In US they don't call it VAT, it's State Sales Tax, which varies by state.

Can anyone confirm if the US configurator quoted price includes State Sales Tax?

(This is a long thread sorry if this has already been answered.)

1693958275085.png

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back