• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

It would be funny if Lotus just announced that the Emira would no longer be available in the US and Canada. No, it wouldn't be funny to me, but my wife would be laughing at me for some time.

It would be funny if Lotus just announced that the Emira would no longer be available in the US and Canada. No, it wouldn't be funny to me, but my wife would be laughing at me for some time.
" ....no longer..." WTF.... It has yet to be available in the US !!

I’ve been thinking similarly…Either that or no V6 - so those of us with FE V6 orders have the option to convert the build to the I4 and keep our place in the queue or get our deposits back.

I’ve been thinking similarly…Either that or no V6 - so those of us with FE V6 orders have the option to convert the build to the I4 and keep our place in the queue or get our deposits back.
I don't see this happening, they have way too many V6 manual orders that can not be ignored at the point. It would not surprise me at all if they manufacture the most V6 Manual Emira's for North America compared to the rest of the world. Well....once they actually start making them for N/A that is... Eventually lol

I don't see this happening, they have way too many V6 manual orders that can not be ignored at the point. It would not surprise me at all if they manufacture the most V6 Manual Emira's for North America compared to the rest of the world. Well....once they actually start making them for N/A that is... Eventually lol
Yeah…It’s more of my waking nightmare than what I actually believe…

News from a source told me to expect another delay "soon". We all know its coming, but it stings when it actually happens. They have been spot on in the past.

They didn't go into any models, or variations, just that N/A delays are going to be coming "soon". Sorry I don't have anymore information than that.

I don't have any info about another official delay (yet) , but I can tell you North America V6 production has not started yet. They are still full steam ahead on i4 China car production. 🙃

I don't have any info about another official delay (yet) , but I can tell you North America V6 production has not started yet. They are still full steam ahead on i4 China car production. 🙃
I still suspect that Lotus is hesitant to send cars to NA until they have the build quality sorted. I can’t say for Canada but, state variants excluded, in general if a new vehicle has # issues, or down a # days, or # safety related concerns in the first # months then the car is a lemon.

So basically unofficially another delay
Just fantastic. nothing from lotus saying screw the NA market why don’t they just tell us there is another delay. We won’t like it but at least we will know something officially.
Why would we expect anything else.
I feel for all the dealerships that are being screwed over.

So basically unofficially another delay
Just fantastic. nothing from lotus saying screw the NA market why don’t they just tell us there is another delay. We won’t like it but at least we will know something officially.
Why would we expect anything else.
I feel for all the dealerships that are being screwed over.

I hope they stay on schedule (it is only the 7th day of September) but it's also Lotus style to announce delays just weeks before expected deliveries.

My sales person actually holds the 1st reservation for the FE at their dealership and he told me he's expecting his in Dec. I talk to another dealership in the area a while back and they also said they won't get their 1st allocation till Dec. I'm in CA so East Coast may get theirs a week or 2 earlier.

My sales person actually holds the 1st reservation for the FE at their dealership and he told me he's expecting his in Dec. I talk to another dealership in the area a while back and they also said they won't get their 1st allocation till Dec. I'm in CA so East Coast may get theirs a week or 2 earlier.
Not to knock what you are saying but every dealership and salesperson will tell you that as this what they were told months ago.
The cars also have no US certification and who knows when that will happen.
Cars if built will arrive at a port but cannot be delivered to dealerships until certification is approved.
So who know when we will get delivery.
I am In first batch to arrive and have no idea when I will get the car

Not to knock what you are saying but every dealership and salesperson will tell you that as this what they were told months ago.
Cars if built will arrive at a port but cannot be delivered to dealerships until certification is approved.
I looked at the last few EPA certifications for the Evora and most were Q4 November, October, etc. I don’t expect anything less this time around.

As far as a delay, I’m still in. I just hope some of the posers get out of the way and I just move on up.

This is not Lotus 1st rodeo and the Emira Chassis and V6 engine is basically just identical to the Evora so I don't think certification will be a problem at all. If anything, The I4 is the one you should worry about as the rear chassis has been modified to fit the I4 so all those changes have to be validated for certification.

This is not Lotus 1st rodeo and the Emira Chassis and V6 engine is basically just identical to the Evora so I don't think certification will be a problem at all. If anything, The I4 is the one you should worry about as the rear chassis has been modified to fit the I4 so all those changes have to be validated for certification.
Just disagree. V6 is the one with worse emissions, and emissions requirements have/and are only getting more strict. The Evora being fine means nothing years later.

Just disagree. V6 is the one with worse emissions, and emissions requirements have/and are only getting more strict. The Evora being fine means nothing years later.
That engine in Evora trim has already gone through certification in the US, there should be no reason that a slightly detuned version will not. Whereas, there are currently no US emission certification on any version of the AMG I4.

Last edited:
And the chassis is different from the Evora in both the V6 and i4. Differences have been covered on other threads

I got this email from my local dealer, aug 27th.

Hello i4 Depositors!

We have some fantastic news!!

We were finally given our i4 First Edition Allocation.

i4 FE Production begins in January 2024 and will last for four months. Deliveries will begin most likely beginning in June.

And the chassis is different from the Evora in both the V6 and i4. Differences have been covered on other threads

Actually the Base Chassis for the V6 is almost identical to the Evora except for attachments points for the new body. The rear i4 Chassis did get additional changes to accommodate the I4.

Last edited:
Actually the Base Chassis for the V6 is almost identical to the Evora except for attachments points for the new body. The rear i4 Chassis did get additional changes to accommodate the I4.
Nope, difference in front, rear, assembly and bonding.

Well, I heard from beyond. I ate some fungus I found in the yard, smoked something I thought was tobacco but it was green, and drank some nectar that came from a cactus. When I woke, a vision said slow down, 2025 is the year you seek.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back