• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

US car production is in full swing.

US cars are being produced along side other LHD , RHD and China cars.

As said before they are producing 40 cars per day across two shifts , Monday - Thursday. Not all for US Market. But could crank out 700 cars in 20 days or so , more if they wanted to add more shifts.

They have every single color to see , I’m still very happy with my choice of nimbus. Atlantic blue is a great color would be an amazing color if it were closer to purple. The white and grey are a bit bland for a car with the lines of the emira.

So as far and US delivery dates, no one would confirm but it’s clear that they are fully aware of the type approval issue and in a bit of a waiting pattern.

Based on what I saw they are running a well oiled machine at this point the factory workers are just moving along assembling cars.

Many of the teething issues have been resolved so I see the delays as a blessing given our poor dealer network would rather minimize dealer work.

I’m very happy I came and saw it with my own eyes, met the manufacturing engineer who was a prior McLaren manufacturing engineer. He was staying at the old thorn barn. Great discussion with him.

As expected pictures were not allowed.

I’m leaving happy and with a few lotus merch items I bought at the retail store.

Amazing news!! I was hoping for this report all morning!! Now we get to focus our angst on the emissions approval.

As said before they are producing 40 cars per day across two shifts , Monday - Thursday. Not all for US Market. But could crank out 700 cars in 20 days or so , more if they wanted to add more shifts.

They have every single color to see , I’m still very happy with my choice of nimbus. Atlantic blue is a great color would be an amazing color if it were closer to purple. The white and grey are a bit bland for a car with the lines of the emira.

So as far and US delivery dates, no one would confirm but it’s clear that they are fully aware of the type approval issue and in a bit of a waiting pattern.

Based on what I saw they are running a well oiled machine at this point the factory workers are just moving along assembling cars.

Many of the teething issues have been resolved so I see the delays as a blessing given our poor dealer network would rather minimize dealer work.

I’m very happy I came and saw it with my own eyes, met the manufacturing engineer who was a prior McLaren manufacturing engineer. He was staying at the old thorn barn. Great discussion with him.

I’m leaving happy and with a few lotus merch items I bought at the retail store.
Woo Hoo! Finally! U.S. cars in production!

Thank you for sharing. That’s fantastic news.
Not to question you in anyway but Did you actually see NA cars on production line.
Just wish lotus would put out an announcement that the long wait is over NA cars are finally being built

..........Just wish lotus would put out an announcement that the long wait is over NA cars are finally being built

Great to hear NA production has started, yet......The wait will be over when Lotus gets EPA/CARB Approval. Let's hope that comes soon!

Great to hear NA production has started, yet......The wait will be over when Lotus gets EPA/CARB Approval. Let's hope that comes soon!

Let's also hope completed cars don't sit outside for months and months both at Hethel and then at US ports waiting approval.

Thank-you @MIGZ - quick question about the new mist white, is it more of a flat, metallic or pearl paint work? What type of white would you best compare it too?

Let's also hope completed cars don't sit outside for months and months both at Hethel and then at US ports waiting approval.
I don't think Hethel has the room. There are a few lots around the property with cars but I cant seen them holding more than a few hundred cars as a time, which becomes an issue when you can make 40 a day.

There was a line of car transports being loaded with cars, so cars move out. The outline in the back is where they had cars parked- compare that to the employee parking on the right of the image. - Not a lot of visible storage.

Attachments

• factory.JPG
    factory.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 65
Thank-you @MIGZ - quick question about the new mist white, is it more of a flat, metallic or pearl paint work? What type of white would you best compare it too?

Its a gloss white, the one I saw parked outside was very bland. I like white cars it didnt look good to me on this car could not see the lines of the car.

It’s a gloss white, the one I saw parked outside was very bland. I like white cars it didnt look good to me on this car could not see the lines of the car.
I assume what you mean is that is was a solid glossy color and not a pearlescent color shifting kind of white?

I spec’s my order to just be an homage to another mid-engine car with a Japanese motor, the NSX-R. And as long as it meets that I’ll be happy.

IMG_9546.jpeg

Last edited:
I pray to Lotus god, please start producing the Emira for North America when September ends...
Looking back at my previous posts, Lotus God has came through. He blessed us with US cars in production starting in October with ugly yellow reflectors on the sides...

Here's what's about to happen....a dealer in the US is going to see that US production post and send a email to their fe 1.0 holders that production has officially started....lol

One thing, how so we know these are not the US certification test vehicles?

Looking back at my previous posts, Lotus God has came through. He blessed us with US cars in production starting in October with ugly yellow reflectors on the sides...
Are you referring to what we've seen in the headlights? Or a side marker on the bumper or somewhere else?

Are you referring to what we've seen in the headlights? Or a side marker on the bumper or somewhere else?
Shouldn't be a surprise... they were always on the configurator with them in the headlamps.

No side marker on the bumper or fender which is nice it’s in the light.

Very top of the light like a small led.
Interesting... is it not the blade reflector in the Configurator? Or is it that, but the light is only at the top of the blade reflector?
IMG_2283.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back