• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

So I was told by a dealer today that several NA cars have been built, and the hope is to get a handful to this side of the pond before the end of December. Also said the CARB certification process could alter when actual deliveries take place. He's been a pretty dependable guy as to what information has been relayed by Lotus.

Was difficult to not say that I already received that information from MIGZ, the forum's well-placed international man of mystery.

What do you mean "announced"? They haven't announced any of the previous delays either.

Here's every email I've ever received from Lotus Cars. I placed my deposit on July 10, 2021. The last time I received anything directly related to my order was in October of 2021, and the last time I received an email that even mentioned that I was a customer was in November of that year. That's 23 months now without any meaningful contact from Lotus UK about the order that I have pending.

View attachment 31596

They literally haven't sent anything other than marketing fluff since, and mostly not about Emira.

There has been ZERO direct meaningful communication to the end customer about status from Lotus in all of 2022 and 2023 so far. And I've only received unsolicited email from my own dealer twice since placing my hard order through to the factory in April of 2022, and one of those was to give me an update in March of 2023 describing the delays that we had all known about for ~3-4 months. But I get why... the dealers are as much in the dark as the end customers, because Lotus doesn't really communicate with them either, at least not in any way that is remotely informative or empowering.

The utter lack of proactive communication by Lotus to their paying, deposited customers remains shocking to me. I literally don't understand why they are so committed to damaging their own brand.
I don't get it. Is nobody giving Lotus Order clients official updates on N.A. Emira delivery news? I was kept posted with an expected schedule confirming build start, build complete, shipping, port delay, dock arrival and dealer handover. Didn't have to ask, I was kept in the brief as a listed customer. You guys need a lotus national head of Sales contact guy even if that's just a dude counting received orders forwarded from individual dealers handling a local distributorship for US/Canada states and mass emailing the hordes. Hethel has to know their orders are coming through, right?

I believe @JClem is the first forum member to provide first-hand confirmation of seeing North American Emiras at the factory over in this post!
I don't get it. Is nobody giving Lotus Order clients official updates on N.A. Emira delivery news? I was kept posted with an expected schedule confirming build start, build complete, shipping, port delay, dock arrival and dealer handover. Didn't have to ask, I was kept in the brief as a listed customer. You guys need a lotus national head of Sales contact guy even if that's just a dude counting received orders forwarded from individual dealers handling a local distributorship for US/Canada states and mass emailing the hordes. Hethel has to know their orders are coming through, right?
It’s cute that you think we NA depositors haven’t tried a multitude of US contacts/execs to get accurate information…Many of us, myself included, even tried Lotus UK corporate contacts. Nothing.

It’s cute that you think we NA depositors haven’t tried a multitude of US contacts/execs to get accurate information…Many of us, myself included, even tried Lotus UK corporate contacts. Nothing.
Hell, a lot of us flew to England and went to the Factory! They are very tight-lipped!

I spoke with my dealer today - he mentioned he was just in England and spoke directly with management - he heard from the head of something-or-another that CARB certifications should pass in November, that they are on track for that.

We’ll have to keep an eye out for 12/15 as if it passes in November, we wouldn’t see the results until the 12/15 report unless it passes by November so there’s a chance it comes in the 11/15 report, but probably wait until 12/15 before freaking out.

In addition he confirmed that production is in full-swing. He states that Lotus believes they will hit December deliveries, but his personal opinion is that deliveries will happen earliest January.

Maybe still too early to celebrate, but it does seem possible that this might be it - Lotus may finally hit their deadlines with NA deliveries as there’s concrete evidence this time.

thats such a relief, i wasn't a fan of how that large orange band looked. im hoping I wont be compelled to get rid of them now
I think everyone is misunderstanding this. The reflector blade is still there and it's still orange. There is only a single led light at the top of the blade that illuminates it at night.

No. There is nobody. And in most cases the US dealers aren't given any meaningful information either. So the best we can all do (dealers included) is shrug at each other and wonder why it's been the corporate policy of Lotus Cars UK to utterly abdicate from anything resembling professional decency or even basic human respect in their approach to their North American customers.

This has been the ongoing state of affairs since June of 2021. I had a locked in fully accepted factory build order in April of 2022 and still got absolutely nothing from Lotus. But they were insistent about having a copy of my ID with my correct address on it! They were super weird about that, I had to go get my ID replaced during the height of Covid because they refused to accept that I had moved house without a state ID showing the new address. At the time I naïvely assumed they were going to mail me something, but have yet to receive anything from Lotus whatsoever, and it's been a year and a half since my locked factory order submission.

Last edited:
I spoke with my dealer today - he mentioned he was just in England and spoke directly with management - he heard from the head of something-or-another that CARB certifications should pass in November, that they are on track for that.

We’ll have to keep an eye out for 12/15 as if it passes in November, we wouldn’t see the results until the 12/15 report unless it passes by November so there’s a chance it comes in the 11/15 report, but probably wait until 12/15 before freaking out.

In addition he confirmed that production is in full-swing. He states that Lotus believes they will hit December deliveries, but his personal opinion is that deliveries will happen earliest January.

Maybe still too early to celebrate, but it does seem possible that this might be it - Lotus may finally hit their deadlines with NA deliveries as there’s concrete evidence this time.
Cool, so delivery in about 3–4 months then, assuming all the pieces fall into place?

US car production is in full swing.

US cars are being produced along side other LHD , RHD and China cars.

As said before they are producing 40 cars per day across two shifts , Monday - Thursday. Not all for US Market.

So as far and US delivery dates, no one would confirm...
The single most useful post on this thread in years.

So wait, is "full swing" for US production just having some peppered in amongst all others, or is this post somewhat misleading?

I want to be excited, but like, one of these things is not like the other...

Back