• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Yes, removed at Scott’s request.
You and Scott just gave the NA buyers a renewed sense of hope and the first bit of light shining through the crowd. I really hope he didnt get into any trouble for this. Scotts the man.

hows he feel about his sudden celebrity status on EmiraForm.com?

Also i hope this reveal didnt get him in trouble :(
Well if he did get in some hot water there should absolutely be an organized and firm response from this forum with at least 500 signatures. Uncool to punish somebody for being a true brand ambassador, which ultimately is doing his job the right way.

The entire Scott episode leaves me with more questions than answers. He said he saw one car, and it's the first one that he has seen. This doesn't qualify as proof to me that US production is in full swing, or in some kind of swing. We don't know the numbers of cars that are being produced that are US spec and that is an important bit of information. Guess we will wait and see.

great-scott-surprised.gif

Wanted to send a copy of that email to my dealer because they don't know shit. Can't find it anymore, removed? Thank
Wanted to send a copy of that email to my dealer because they don't know shit. Can't find it anymore, removed? Thanks
You dealer knows a lot more than shit. Maybe they just choose to not let you know shit

You dealer knows a lot more than shit. Maybe they just choose to not let you know shit
In my experience, dealers generally don't know anything about what they are selling other than that they are cars. They know nothing about the features, engines, specifications, etc. I bet there are sales people that believe cars have only two wheels because they can only see two of them at the same time. Any person who has read the spec sheet of a car on a car manufacturer's website knows more about the car than most, if not all, car sales people. Don't expect them to answer any meaningful questions or provide any useful status without having to ask someone above their pay grade first. The entire purpose of their existence is to try and sell you car and giving you real useful information runs counter to that goal. If you are already showing interest in the car, they don't want to offer some info that ends up changing your mind. To keep that risk to a minimum, car dealers don't hire car guys for their sales staff. They hire people who are desperate to make money.

In my experience, dealers generally don't know anything about what they are selling other than that they are cars. They know nothing about the features, engines, specifications, etc. I bet there are sales people that believe cars have only two wheels because they can only see two of them at the same time. Any person who has read the spec sheet of a car on a car manufacturer's website knows more about the car than most, if not all, car sales people. Don't expect them to answer any meaningful questions or provide any useful status without having to ask someone above their pay grade first. The entire purpose of their existence is to try and sell you car and giving you real useful information runs counter to that goal. If you are already showing interest in the car, they don't want to offer some info that ends up changing your mind. To keep that risk to a minimum, car dealers don't hire car guys for their sales staff. They hire people who are desperate to make money.
I have had both. Salespeople who were true car enthusiasts who know specs and Salespeople hose who couldn't confirm if a car has ABS.

I have had both. Salespeople who were true car enthusiasts who know specs and Salespeople hose who couldn't confirm if a car has ABS.
I purchased a 1990 911 many years ago, and the salesman popped the rear trunk and proceeded to show me where to put coolant in. Was adamant that I should check coolant levels regularly on “these cars”.

I purchased a 1990 911 many years ago, and the salesman popped the rear trunk and proceeded to show me where to put coolant in. Was adamant that I should check coolant levels regularly on “these cars”.

A 911 with a rear trunk??? Isn't that called a Cayman? No, wait the Cayman has a rear trunk, yet the engine in the middle, not behind the rear wheels like a 911..... Huh.... I'm confused.

A 911 with a rear trunk??? Isn't that called a Cayman? No, wait the Cayman has a rear trunk, yet the engine in the middle, not behind the rear wheels like a 911..... Huh.... I'm confused.
His point was 1990 911 was air cooled... not water cooled.

His point was 1990 911 was air cooled... not water cooled.

Yes, obviously.... we are all (I am) getting a little squirrely waiting for any news on Emira sales in North America. I just didn't know that 911's had Rear Trunks!

You are correct in most of what you say.
The sales people at most dealerships are not told what is going especially with regard to the Emira. So they cannot give a person any credible information.
They are also being driven crazy by people every day for information.
But to insult a dealership and in particular Lotus of Dallas in my opinion is not the way to go. It is insulting.
I do not work for them in any way shape or form.
I am just a customer but have a very close relationship with everyone there.
When they get permission from Lotus to give a current update they will do so.
If anyone does not like the “shit “ they are told by sales people at a particular dealership then imho then move go buy a car at another dealership that you feel won’t feed you shit
Edit if anyone wants to give me shit about my comments please feel free to do so. I will not be offended

Maybe true, and if that is the case, he only makes himself out as a fool. My sales person has zero Lotus info past or present. Literally just a guy that took my deposit and can't wait to hand it over to me. Besides telling me that I have more info then he has.... Literally zero info.... even knowing deference between touring and sport etc etc. I confirmed my spec with Lotus in late Sept for a Feb 24th build, May delivery for V2.0, Approved spec. Went for another test drive last week and said I liked the Nimbus. My sales person INSISTED I could still change my spec all the way up to build date and that Lotus would update me along the way, hahaha. So I changed my spec and was informed from Lotus that I couldn't (I had already assumed this). It's all good, he is a nice guy and I know everyone needs to start somewhere. Just wished I was dealing with a true Lotus person with some history knowledge and put in just alittle leg work with current delay reasons. He had no idea about US Reg stamp approval, didn't even know what that was. Anyway, maybe not knowing shit but more just in it for the ride I guess.

Last edited:
The sales people at most dealerships are not told what is going especially with regard to the Emira. So they cannot give a person any credible information.
But to insult a dealership and in particular Lotus of Dallas in my opinion is not the way to go. It is insulting.
If anyone does not like the “shit “ they are told by sales people at a particular dealership then imho then move go buy a car at another dealership that you feel won’t feed you shit
Edit if anyone wants to give me shit about my comments please feel free to do

Edit if anyone wants to give me shit about my comments please feel free to do so. I will not be offended
I was wrong to say "Dealer" as I have zero experience with anyone else that works at that facility. But, my sales person that I have been dealing with does not know shit about current Emira stats. And if the word "shit" is to harsh then let's just say that my current sales rep is not or choices to not or choices to but can not be anymore less informed about specifically the Lotus Emira past and present info data bank. Now for every negative thing let's say a positive... with the limited personal knowledge I have about my sales rep, I like him. And the dealer as a whole has a nice facility.

I was wrong to say "Dealer" as I have zero experience with anyone else that works at that facility. But, my sales person that I have been dealing with does not know shit about current Emira stats. And if the word "shit" is to harsh then let's just say that my current sales rep is not or choices to not or choices to but can not be anymore less informed about specifically the Lotus Emira past and present info data bank. Now for every negative thing let's say a positive... with the limited personal knowledge I have about my sales rep, I like him. And the dealer as a whole has a nice facility.
I can absolutely tell you the sales people at that dealership only know the basic. The owners do not give them much information. The reason I think is that whatever they tell them today will change tomorrow. This based on Lotus not giving the dealer correct information.
That dealership from personal experience goes out of their way to help and work with customers once you buy- get a car from them.
So hang in there.
To the best of my knowledge the service guys and mechanics have already been sent for training on the Emira. Not the sales people.
This in my opinion means cars are in production and will be shipped.
The only thing holding this up is US certification

The entire Scott episode leaves me with more questions than answers. He said he saw one car, and it's the first one that he has seen. This doesn't qualify as proof to me that US production is in full swing, or in some kind of swing. We don't know the numbers of cars that are being produced that are US spec and that is an important bit of information. Guess we will wait and see.
The fact that he had to scramble to get his email pulled down off the Internet also raises some significant questions. Why is Lotus UK so focused on *preventing* US depositors from knowing anything about the regulatory or production status for the North American market? What could possibly be the motivation? Who does it serve?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back