• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Well, that's the wrong question, right? Because the answer is undoubtedly yes, but it's meaningless at best and misleading at worst. Just because they may have produced some cars doesn't mean production underway that would meet delivery in Jan/Feb next year. Those cars could have been built for purposes unrelated to end customer delivery.
I disagree that it's the wrong question to ask, especially in the wake of so many failed promises / predictions from Lotus. Forum members realised that it's pointless to ask Lotus questions about the future, and instead switched to asking questions about the past & present and used that info to make their own predictions (which have proved much more reliable, I might add).

Also, the question of whether any North American customer vehicles have been built is only "undoubtedly yes" NOW thanks to that Scott guy. :p

A bit late to update here but I finally got the call last week for my V2 build slot March 2024.

Dealership has been great, didn’t see any mention of delivery charge.

Config was pretty simple as I had mine already done around Oct 21 when the config went online so I was ready to go right when I got the call. The only thing I was uncertain about was the tracker. I was trying to find what I could and whether or not it’s a good system. If it helps I spoke to Chubb and they told me certain cars (not Emira at this point) require a specific tracker to get coverage and often would be included in coverage. I’m in Canada and they said if the insurance requires tracking they usually don’t accept a factory installed system because the thieves would know the location of it. They mentioned some systems cost in the thousands but the one they recommend (I’m not sure if this is sufficient if it’s an insurance requirement) is called tag system www.tagtracking.ca and said it‘s about $500 CAD.

Seems Canadians are actually getting a bit of a break at least on the FEs, V2 about 10K more than V1….but doing an FX with current V2 pricing in the US & UK we’re saving about 10K. Will be interesting to see if this is still the case with base editions. Someone else mentioned March build slot with April/May, my dealer had suggested June (although might take an extra few weeks for Canadians if they are all delivered to the US first), April/May sounds way too quick to me though for a March build. I’d be thrilled if I get the car in June and have it the entire summer. Early May would be the dream but beggars can’t be choosers :).

A bit late to update here but I finally got the call last week for my V2 build slot March 2024.

Dealership has been great, didn’t see any mention of delivery charge.

Config was pretty simple as I had mine already done around Oct 21 when the config went online so I was ready to go right when I got the call. The only thing I was uncertain about was the tracker. I was trying to find what I could and whether or not it’s a good system. If it helps I spoke to Chubb and they told me certain cars (not Emira at this point) require a specific tracker to get coverage and often would be included in coverage. I’m in Canada and they said if the insurance requires tracking they usually don’t accept a factory installed system because the thieves would know the location of it. They mentioned some systems cost in the thousands but the one they recommend (I’m not sure if this is sufficient if it’s an insurance requirement) is called tag system www.tagtracking.ca and said it‘s about $500 CAD.

Seems Canadians are actually getting a bit of a break at least on the FEs, V2 about 10K more than V1….but doing an FX with current V2 pricing in the US & UK we’re saving about 10K. Will be interesting to see if this is still the case with base editions. Someone else mentioned March build slot with April/May, my dealer had suggested June (although might take an extra few weeks for Canadians if they are all delivered to the US first), April/May sounds way too quick to me though for a March build. I’d be thrilled if I get the car in June and have it the entire summer. Early May would be the dream but beggars can’t be choosers :).
Seems like there is a lot of energy about getting orders in and spec confirmed. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

What is your spec?!

Seems like there is a lot of energy about getting orders in and spec confirmed. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

What is your spec?!
I don’t have any information but I get the sense that once North America cars finally start shipping it may not be too long for those farther down the list. I suspect this based on a few factors: they’ve already been delivering EU cars for a year now? So they’ve probably fulfilled a lot of those orders by now and can shift production to NA cars. Meanwhile economically a bunch of orders are dropping out, and they have likely got production line kinks and supply chain resolved and fully operational on the 2 shifts now?

Summer weekend driver for me:
Seneca full black pack privacy delete
V6 manual sport Goodyear
Full Alcantara yellow stitch and calipers
Diamond cut

For those with an FE1 or FE2 allocation submitted to Lotus through their US or CAN Dealer;

Did Lotus provide the Purchase Price, including Shipping of the Vehicle?
I wondered the same, I believe I've read of several Canadian customers completing their configurations, but no one has mentioned prices. I'd love to know. The Canadian website doesn't help, it even mentioned including VAT, which here in Canada is a separate line item.

I wondered the same, I believe I've read of several Canadian customers completing their configurations, but no one has mentioned prices. I'd love to know. The Canadian website doesn't help, it even mentioned including VAT, which here in Canada is a separate line item.
Yes the order form has the same price as per the configurator online.

They’re the same - that new one is better as far as visuals and shows some of the options that may be optional on the base. At the moment for pricing you need to use the old one, but that‘s only First Editions, no real pricing insight for base editions yet on either config or any region.

Destination/Shipping was estimated by my dealer to be $2200 USD. (The same as the Evora GT). I’m sure that it will be a little more…
Same amount quoted by my dealer as well. I fully expect that to jump to$2300 by delivery this spring.

Tell me about this “completing your configuration” thing. When I ordered my First Edition 1.0, I configured my car right then, gave my deposit, and signed a contract. I’m in the U.S.

All this talk about FE 2.0 cars with promised March builds and April/May delivery……..what about the 700 FE 1.0 cars that are supposedly yet to be built? I heard that Lotus was going to “punch these 700 cars out in 5-6 weeks and get them shipped out - Sept. - Dec.

All this talk about FE 2.0 cars with promised March builds and April/May delivery……..what about the 700 FE 1.0 cars that are supposedly yet to be built? I heard that Lotus was going to “punch these 700 cars out in 5-6 weeks and get them shipped out - Sept. - Dec.
Those of us with FE 1.0 allocations have yet to be told that our cars have been produced or are in production…let alone being shipped.

83c8zj.jpg

83c91f.jpg

83c944.jpg

83c95o.jpg

83c9b9.jpg

83c9d8.jpg

They’re the same - that new one is better as far as visuals and shows some of the options that may be optional on the base. At the moment for pricing you need to use the old one, but that‘s only First Editions, no real pricing insight for base editions yet on either config or any region.
I'm getting worried the price will go up $10k per year until delivery in 2025, According to the Cdn website it's already gone up $10k since I placed my deposit in April. I got the money, but I want to stay married.

I'm getting worried the price will go up $10k per year until delivery in 2025, According to the Cdn website it's already gone up $10k since I placed my deposit in April. I got the money, but I want to stay married.
Its common business sense to raise/lower prices to meet demand. Add in record inflation and you are right, they are going to continue to raise the prices. Both demand and economy driven.

Its common business sense to raise/lower prices to meet demand. Add in record inflation and you are right, they are going to continue to raise the prices. Both demand and economy driven.
Honestly I don’t think they can, the Emira original US pricing was already well beyond the conversion ratio by quite a bit at the time. Let’s not fool ourselves into thinking the Emira is also a sensibly good deal, it may be unique but it’s quite expensive for what it is.

Add another $10K on top and you’re into the $120k range, that’s a whole new ballpark of buyers and competition new and used.

Honestly I don’t think they can, the Emira original US pricing was already well beyond the conversion ratio by quite a bit at the time. Let’s not fool ourselves into thinking the Emira is also a sensibly good deal, it may be unique but it’s quite expensive for what it is.

Add another $10K on top and you’re into the $120k range, that’s a whole new ballpark of buyers and competition new and used.

I remember when we were waiting for the official pricing announcement years ago. It was 2021 and I was hiking on my anniversary while also waiting for the announcement notification. I was hoping/expecting the First Editions to come in around $84-86k. But sure enough, half way up a mountain, I get an email telling me it's going to be $94k. Whatever, I can deal with that. It's beautiful and exclusive with a proven powertrain... and it'll be here in ~5 months! Or so I thought. 😂 Now, here we are 2 years later with a ~$15k price increase, FE exclusivity dilution, and still no North America deliveries. 🙄

I get it, it doesnt make sense, which is why Lotus may do it. Their overseer's probably have a set amount they need to make on each Emira, and the prices skyrocketing will hit the consumers first. I agree its not worth 120, or even 100k, but the demand shows it is.

I remember when we were waiting for the official pricing announcement years ago. It was 2021 and I was hiking on my anniversary while also waiting for the announcement notification. I was hoping/expecting the First Editions to come in around $84-86k. But sure enough, half way up a mountain, I get an email telling me it's going to be $94k. Whatever, I can deal with that. It's beautiful and exclusive with a proven powertrain... and it'll be here in ~5 months! Or so I thought. 😂 Now, here we are 2 years later with a ~$15k price increase, FE exclusivity dilution, and still no North America deliveries. 🙄

Yo, can you go on another hike? Maybe we will get some more info!

Canadian i4 FE: purchase price yes, shipping no. Dealer estimated freight, PDI, etc at about CAD$8k based on what they saw with the Evora. Then add on taxes as well.
$8k?Jesús. I wasn't expecting that much.. Maybe $2k. This is becoming more and more unaffordable for me. I was just scraping by before the price increase and now this.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back