• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

$8k?Jesús. I wasn't expecting that much.. Maybe $2k. This is becoming more and more unaffordable for me. I was just scraping by before the price increase and now this.
Do you think that 8K is including the Lux Tax? - then it would make sense.

Do you think that 8K is including the Lux Tax? - then it would make sense.
I haven't got a shred of info since I gave my credit card deposit over the phone. So don't know. But if it is then that would be great. I was calculating that into the price.

Although the luxury tax is a new tax just passed recently. So doubt it.. And the other poster was saying his guy was going by what the Evora went for. That would of been before the new tax. Fyk.

I haven't got a shred of info since I gave my credit card deposit over the phone. So don't know. But if it is then that would be great. I was calculating that into the price.

Although the luxury tax is a new tax just passed recently. So doubt it.. And the other poster was saying his guy was going by what the Evora went for. That would of been before the new tax. Fyk.
My opinion on this, If anyone is giving a non-refundable deposit on an allocation and build slot, they need to be given a complete bill of sale showing all taxes, fees and total all in cost. Otherwise I would never be giving a non refundable deposit.

My opinion on this, If anyone is giving a non-refundable deposit on an allocation and build slot, they need to be given a complete bill of sale showing all taxes, fees and total all in cost. Otherwise I would never be giving a non refundable deposit.
My $5k deposit is refundable.

I have bill of sale. that's it.. since day 1.. no communication from anyone.

Those of us with FE 1.0 allocations have yet to be told that our cars have been produced or are in production…let alone being shipped.
Right, I believe FE 1.0 are to be built between Sept-Oct-Nov maybe Dec, but nobody knows if anything has started. Unless they can do Sept-Oct cars in Oct/Nov which is likely possible given there are only 700 total and the facility can make 30-40 total per day?

I'm getting worried the price will go up $10k per year until delivery in 2025, According to the Cdn website it's already gone up $10k since I placed my deposit in April. I got the money, but I want to stay married.
Yup it’s gone up 10K, but relative to other markets it’s gone up less in CAD f/x. I was also worried if I didn’t get FE allocation of another big price bump. A Youtube review was posted in the last day from someone who picked up the car at Hethel and he mentioned that he thinks the car is pricey (FE) but that was told there will be much cheaper models coming very soon without as many bells and whistles. Sounds like he was dripped some information at the factory. Given the change in the global economic climate I wonder if there’s a possibility there will actually be BE coming soon and priced in a manner that adding all options totals close to FE V2. Of course it could be the total opposite but I think either is possible at this point.

Yup it’s gone up 10K, but relative to other markets it’s gone up less in CAD f/x. I was also worried if I didn’t get FE allocation of another big price bump. A Youtube review was posted in the last day from someone who picked up the car at Hethel and he mentioned that he thinks the car is pricey (FE) but that was told there will be much cheaper models coming very soon without as many bells and whistles. Sounds like he was dripped some information at the factory. Given the change in the global economic climate I wonder if there’s a possibility there will actually be BE coming soon and priced in a manner that adding all options totals close to FE V2. Of course it could be the total opposite but I think either is possible at this point.
I didn’t know that the FE’s had all kinds of bells and whistles.

Fully laded minus ADAS
Which brings back the question, if a fully loaded base model cost more or less than a FE.

Technically it should...

Technically we should know these answers by now. I appreciate everyone in this support group (I meant thread) 4k replies , ~400k views and we have no more answers than the first post. I'm starting to understand why Tesla fanboys fly drones over the headquarter lots lol.

Which brings back the question, if a fully loaded base model cost more or less than a FE.

Technically it should...

Technically we should know these answers by now. I appreciate everyone in this support group (I meant thread) 4k replies , ~400k views and we have no more answers than the first post. I'm starting to understand why Tesla fanboys fly drones over the headquarter lots lol.

Yeah its going to, well the FE 2.0. The 1.0 Base is 93900 and the new 2.0 is 105k I believe. Thinking about it now the Base will probably start around 90-95k.

Fully laded minus ADAS
“Fully loaded” with what? What is the “less expensive” “Base” model not going to have? No A/C? No power steering? No power windows? No radio? I have an FE on order, but I don’t remember any long list of “bells and whistles” to speak of.

So the Lotus Website is broke right now when you go to Compare models, it has the Base having everything that the FE has, but thats not the case. Let me try and find you what option the FE comes with.

“Fully loaded” with what? What is the “less expensive” “Base” model not going to have? No A/C? No power steering? No power windows? No radio? I have an FE on order, but I don’t remember any long list of “bells and whistles” to speak of.

1647443899089-png.1310873

Base on the left. FE on the right..

1697914894529.png

1697914916103.png

1697914947441.png

I have a FE 1.0, but now, who really cares. I was told I would have my car about 2 years before everybody else, and now 2.0's will be 3-4 months later is not spectacular. Losing interest and time.

I have a FE 1.0, but now, who really cares. I was told I would have my car about 2 years before everybody else, and now 2.0's will be 3-4 months later is not spectacular. Losing interest and time.
You are still foremost in our hearts and minds :)
Blame supply chains, production and certification issues. Throw in Covid and other international events. i don't think the i4 crowd is any happier either.
Your lead time advantage is still at least 6 months (best guess). The delay works to your advantage in perfecting the Emira and its support mechanisms.
Every great car has great stories.
Looking forward to you posting your delivery photos and sharing ownership experiences.

You are still foremost in our hearts and minds :)
Blame supply chains, production and certification issues. Throw in Covid and other international events. i don't think the i4 crowd is any happier either.
Your lead time advantage is still at least 6 months (best guess). The delay works to your advantage in perfecting the Emira and its support mechanisms.
Every great car has great stories.
Looking forward to you posting your delivery photos and sharing ownership experiences.
Thank you. I do agree and feel the delays will deliver a better product, just lost the WHOOP.

I put my deposit back in Oct 3 2022. I don't have a choice what I get but it will be BASE edition. I want everything the FE and FE2 cars have in options. So I will be selecting everything I guess. Hopefully this base edition was to appease some who wanted to save some money. I already budgeted the original price and will swallow the $10k increase. But anything more than that I will not be happy. So I'm hoping a loaded base edition is the same price as a FE edition or a little cheaper lol since there will be no special FE badging etc.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back