• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I wouldn't count a fully loaded base to be cheaper than a FE. Typically the opposite. It's the whole point of the package.

1647443899089-png.1310873

Base on the left. FE on the right..

View attachment 32533

View attachment 32534

View attachment 32535
I think these were guesstimates from way back when. I don't think any official pricing had been announced on the Emira options for base. It was mentioned that the FE has about 15k GBP of options added on for a cost of 12k GBP, and you can extrapolate from that. Personally, I would expect the base model to be about the same as initial FE 1.0 prices prior to any price increases, somewhere between 90-95k USD.

So essentially, FE 1.0 buyers get the options at a very low cost and FE 2.0 buyers get about 20k USD of options for about 15K USD.

If you do go for base, you can probably get a few key options you want and come in under 100k before taxes, or get everything the FE has and top out at around $110k.

This is my guess.

I think these were guesstimates from way back when. I don't think any official pricing had been announced on the Emira options for base. It was mentioned that the FE has about 15k GBP of options added on for a cost of 12k GBP, and you can extrapolate from that. Personally, I would expect the base model to be about the same as initial FE 1.0 prices prior to any price increases, somewhere between 90-95k USD.

So essentially, FE 1.0 buyers get the options at a very low cost and FE 2.0 buyers get about 20k USD of options for about 15K USD.

If you do go for base, you can probably get a few key options you want and come in under 100k before taxes, or get everything the FE has and top out at around $110k.

This is my guess.
Yeah they have been pretty mum on the stuff. The old website had it layed out better what came with what. Once Lotus is ready to ship Base I would expect to see prices.

My dealer seems confident they are delivering cars in December (Naples FL)
I'd love to be wrong, but I suspect the only thing Lotus will deliver in December will be the announcement of the next delay. They will of course blame US regulators, global economic turbulence, etc. Hell they'll probably try to pin it on Hamas at this point.

I'd love to be wrong, but I suspect the only thing Lotus will deliver in December will be the announcement of the next delay. They will of course blame US regulators, global economic turbulence, etc. Hell they'll probably try to pin it on Hamas at this point.
That's pretty optimistic. I doubt they will deliver any announcements until a couple of weeks into 2024.

So I got 'the call' from my dealer, that he may have an allocation that allows me to submit your spec. It would be next month. For a variety of reasons I am not going through with the Emira, but would be happy to transfer my slot. Not looking for any $$, just an enthusiast who would appreciate the car (e.g. not a flipper, I can do that myself). Has anybody here transferred their spot, what did it take?

For reference, when I put down my deposit late November 2021, I was #66. Unknown how many folks ahead of me pulled out.

Cheers, SL

That's pretty optimistic. I doubt they will deliver any announcements until a couple of weeks into 2024.
You're right. I'm sure they'll shut down the factory and comms teams and take a well-deserved holiday after delivering (checks notes) zero NA cars for another year.

You're right. I'm sure they'll shut down the factory and comms teams and take a well-deserved holiday after delivering (checks notes) zero NA cars for another year.
I think they do take a 2 or 3 week holiday in December, so I don't really believe the December date, that month is a wash.

Are FE2.0 colors available in Europe yet? Or is that a NA only thing? If available elsewhere I'm just surprised we haven't seen one of every color at this point.

Are FE2.0 colors available in Europe yet? Or is that a NA only thing? If available elsewhere I'm just surprised we haven't seen one of every color at this point.

They've given NA a benefit that we are not in a position to enjoy. LOL. Cry.

"Dear North American Emira customers. We're sorry to announce that we won't be able to deliver your cars until we have sold 17000 Eletres in the US and Canada. We've made a good start after the Quail event, just need 16879 more. Once those EVs are in customer hands we can re-apply for CAFE certification and hand over your cars by mid-2025, assuming everything goes smoothly. We're sorry for the inconvenience. No, you may not make any changes to your orders which were locked in almost 2 years ago."

Edit: this is fan fiction, not an actual message received from Lotus. But it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Last edited:
So I got 'the call' from my dealer, that he may have an allocation that allows me to submit your spec. It would be next month. For a variety of reasons I am not going through with the Emira, but would be happy to transfer my slot. Not looking for any $$, just an enthusiast who would appreciate the car (e.g. not a flipper, I can do that myself). Has anybody here transferred their spot, what did it take?

For reference, when I put down my deposit late November 2021, I was #66. Unknown how many folks ahead of me pulled out.

Cheers, SL
Your deposit was with the Dealer in Austin? I was told I was #70 when I put my deposit down in early Dec '21, and at the end of July I was told a few people had dropped off the list, but "not enough to affect your place very much."

Your order was for a V6? I4?

Seems maybe more people have dropped out than we think? Last I knew they got 15 FE1 V6 cars, but don't know #s for FE2 or I4 FE.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back