• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

My dealer still says his FE 1.0’s are coming to his dealership before CARB approval. I’m in a non-CARB state, not that that matters.

@Nova Fellow North Jersey depositor here. Tried to start a conversation with you and it didn't let me. Can u open one? Thank you!

My dealer still says his FE 1.0’s are coming to his dealership before CARB approval. I’m in a non-CARB state, not that that matters.
My dealer gave me an update as well. Said if they get these approved in January, and then they get them sold in February that he will be able to catch up on his child support payments and that his ex-wife would then allow him to see his kids "soon" and that they may stop calling her yoga instructor dad.

Big if true.

Spoke to my dealer this morning. Was told that my car is on its way over and that carb testing is scheduled for the end of January. Projection for delivery is early February. Hopefully we’re getting closer.

Got call today that my Emira is on boat and got a VIN. I’m not sure I really believe it.

Me too. I got the call and probably from the same dealer. I got my VIN. 3rd boat. DV. End of January early February!

They didn’t give me the Vin yet. They told me to expect a call in the next 2 to 3 weeks to review paperwork. I’m sure they’ll ask for money!

Spoke to my dealer this morning. Was told that my car is on its way over and that carb testing is scheduled for the end of January. Projection for delivery is early February. Hopefully we’re getting closer.

LOL I really hope it's not CARB emissions TESTING that's scheduled for January and more of approval -- or we're gonna be here for way longer.

It's currently hailing in Delaware. Sure hope those Emira are indoors down in Baltimore! 😬

It is CARB emissions TESTING that's scheduled for the enc of January
There should be no testing schedule unless one of two things are happening:

a.) Lotus doesn't have the capability to perform emissions testing and needs to rent a test cell timeframe from a larger OEM in the USA.
b.) CARB either suspects Lotus emissions numbers of being unrealistic or they see them as a new manufacturer -- basically trust is not there -- and as such CARB is requiring a confirmatory testing scheduled with Lotus.

The process from my understanding is that Lotus submits their own certification remotely and CARB reviews it, this is similar to how it works with the EPA. If something smells fishy, CARB will request a confirmatory test before issuing an executive order.

The fact that Lotus is prioritizing emissions certification to specific types of cars (v6 manual) hints that option A is more likely.

Fwiw on the Emira's possibly being stored at port - I bought our Evora GT through Gator and picked from a list of cars that were sitting at port becuase they didnt have a spec I liked on hand at the time. It shipped next day from port to Gator, got PDI'd in two days and was ready for transport out to me. The car showed up flawless and the battery was all good.
I have seen some pictures of the GT's when they were stored at port and it was an giant enclosed warehouse and all the cars were on tenders (big spaghetti of extension cords to connect them all as there was about 40-50 GT's there at the time) Not saying thats the exact same place/situation for the Emira but it makes me more hopeful if they do sit at port for a while. Fingers crossed!

Fwiw on the Emira's possibly being stored at port - I bought our Evora GT through Gator and picked from a list of cars that were sitting at port becuase they didnt have a spec I liked on hand at the time. It shipped next day from port to Gator, got PDI'd in two days and was ready for transport out to me. The car showed up flawless and the battery was all good.
I have seen some pictures of the GT's when they were stored at port and it was an giant enclosed warehouse and all the cars were on tenders (big spaghetti of extension cords to connect them all as there was about 40-50 GT's there at the time) Not saying thats the exact same place/situation for the Emira but it makes me more hopeful if they do sit at port for a while. Fingers crossed!

That's reassuring!!

There should be no testing schedule unless one of two things are happening:

a.) Lotus doesn't have the capability to perform emissions testing and needs to rent a test cell timeframe from a larger OEM in the USA.
b.) CARB either suspects Lotus emissions numbers of being unrealistic or they see them as a new manufacturer -- basically trust is not there -- and as such CARB is requiring a confirmatory testing scheduled with Lotus.

The process from my understanding is that Lotus submits their own certification remotely and CARB reviews it, this is similar to how it works with the EPA. If something smells fishy, CARB will request a confirmatory test before issuing an executive order.

The fact that Lotus is prioritizing emissions certification to specific types of cars (v6 manual) hints that option A is more likely.
In the past, for Evora 400 and GT, Lotus used a third party for the testing. For most of the US certification work they used Roush Emissions Labs in Michigan, but for a few of the criteria they used data from testing they had performed through Applus IDIADA in Spain, likely for the EU type approval process.

I've attached the Evora GT application for EPA approval from late 2020, it shows some of the fine detail of the test reports.

Attachments

• Evora 2021 FOI_MLTXV03.5JHB_INI_R1.PDF
    4 MB · Views: 56
Just received a text msg. from my sales rep. It says, "We have received news that your Lotus Emira is nearing the final stages. We are expecting your vehicle to land before year end. I will reach out when I have another update". Read into that what you will.

What time are you heading out there? Better make sure they don't get wet today and tomorrow...
Told Tom I'll see him before noon. Plan to be there before 11:00. A friend is also interested and he's coming from across the bay.

What time are you heading out there? Better make sure they don't get wet today and tomorrow...
Imagine how crazy it is that we have to think about things like this. A brand new car that will just fail to operate if the goddamn thing gets wet.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back