• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Imagine how crazy it is that we have to think about things like this. A brand new car that will just fail to operate if the goddamn thing gets wet.
Has anyone been able to pinpoint what it is that is getting wet and causes the problems? Seems like something that could be prevented if you knew what needs protection from water.

Has anyone been able to pinpoint what it is that is getting wet and causes the problems? Seems like something that could be prevented if you knew what needs protection from water.
There's a junction box under the front hood where a bunch of key systems interconnect. From what I understand, the wiring loom on a pretty significant range of cars wasn't properly waterproofed there.

It's a total unknown whether the problem has been solved yet or not, because Lotus does not communicate, and also doesn't post TSB information (to VSIC) as required by right-to-repair laws in many jurisdictions around the world. There should be a simple technical service bulletin available there that describes the issue and indicates the range of VINs that Lotus expects may be potentially affected. They did this for the Evora, but for some reason have chosen not to do so for Emira. So owners are completely in the dark, in a low information state, and dealers have no financial incentive to provide such information, and so will generally not do so.

I simply don't understand why Lotus seems to try to maintain such weird secrecy about things that shouldn't be secret.

Last edited:
I simply don't understand why Lotus seems to try to maintain such weird secrecy about things that shouldn't be secret.
resizer

Word on facebook is that dealers are being invoiced for transport costs from port to the dealer and cars are on trucks right now.

No I don't know which dealers.
No I don't know if all dealers are getting their cars.
No I don't know if cars from dealers in carb states are getting their cars or not.

Word on facebook is that dealers are being invoiced for transport costs from port to the dealer and cars are on trucks right now.

No I don't know if cars from dealers in carb states are getting their cars or not.

Attachments

• IMG_1212.jpeg
    IMG_1212.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 161

Big if true.

From Facebook: Should have some actual photos of a U.S. spec car arriving at a dealer in Detroit in the next day or two.
Will see: U.S.-spec headlights, visible (or not) shift linkage, rumored rear “bumperettes” around license plate.

BIG, IF TRUE!

How many hours do you think you've spent here this year looking for updates?

Remember- chat rooms don't kill productivity- people kill productivity...

Was told my car is headed to the dealer

Was told my car is headed to the dealer
Unless you are driving the semi-truck with a sign that says “It’s me MIGZ”, with todays date, I’m not sure I can trust you.

(Just to be clear, this is a joke that I assumed MIGZ would get, it's not actual criticism)

Last edited:
Spoke to Lotus, we will have the see through shifter. Not sure this was addressed a few posts ago. Also Carb will take more time no cars will be in customers hands till after carb approval thinking January 2024. Maybe get lucky have it for Christmas that would be nice.

Last edited:
Unless you are driving the semi-truck with a sign that says “It’s me MIGZ”, with todays date, I’m not sure I can trust you.
Same dealer told me cars arrived at the port and are awaiting transportation to dealerships next 2 days. Some lucky 🍀 person will be able to see their Emira this week/ early next week… we should start see pictures soon..

Be positive and believe in the force.. 😊

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back