• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

IMO be surprised Lotus ships the cars to the dealers before carb is approved Regardless of state. The liability Is too great for Lotus. Could you imagine some dopey dealer gets a car and is caught driving it around before the Emira is approved or does something stupid with their demo, not going to happen. Time will tell.

Anyone else see this? At 3:45 he states that i4 Emiras will not be delivered to USA customers until 2025. If this is true I'm cancelling my order, and taking them to court if needed. I finalized my order over a month ago (1st deposit over a year ago) and 'supposedly' now that it is finalized it cannot be changed or cancelled. Getting beyond ridiculous...
We’ve know for a few weeks that i4s are delayed until 2025.

Got call today that my Emira is on boat and got a VIN. I’m not sure I really believe it.

Here is what I came across on linked in

Attachments

• IMG_6114.png
    IMG_6114.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 164
Got call today that my Emira is on boat and got a VIN. I’m not sure I really believe it.
I have lost track of how many ships have already arrived. Is this supposed to be the second ship, or the third ship?

Surprising. Thought they might win the "Best Customer Service 2024" category.

What/who is Carwow?
Combo Youtube car reviewer and car selling site. The presenter is one of my favorites and did one of the most entertaining Emira reviews available. He is the closest thing to a younger Jeremy Clarkson. Here's a moment that made me LOL:

Talked to my dealer (Flow in Winston Salem), I am a FE first batch V6 customer. One of the first in the State, and he is going to see about the VIN but says the CARB meeting is not till January now, so I don't think I am getting my car till Feb at earliest. He says maybe Jan, but a month ago he said December. This continues to be one big cluster.

IMO be surprised Lotus ships the cars to the dealers before carb is approved Regardless of state. The liability Is too great for Lotus. Could you imagine some dopey dealer gets a car and is caught driving it around before the Emira is approved or does something stupid with their demo, not going to happen. Time will tell.
Not sure Lotus really has a choice here. I understand the liability is severe but, on the other hand, can they really afford to store 500 vehicles at port for a couple of months?

Last edited:
Wasn't someone going to fly a drone over the port once cars arrived? Would love to see what that is looking like.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back