• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

What would also be interesting is whether they could be taken to vendors for pre-sale services like PPF.
I wonder if the gas/ethanol is going to go stale and cause problems while waiting for CARB. Maybe they use an additive to keep it from going stale.

Last edited:
Well, I've been reading every page of this thread since it started on its first day. Over Thanksgiving I was busy with family and everything else and I got behind. I've just finally got caught up, and it took me those last 2 weeks to finally get here, lol.

Glad to see things are finally happening. Hope that sometime in February we start seeing some deliveries on here to make this all worth it.

On another note, this thread would probably only be 200 pages at this time, except there are literally hundreds of posts referring to earlier posts to try to keep everyone organized about all the different bits and pieces of facts and rumors that have occurred in the previous thousands of posts 😆

Well, I've been reading every page of this thread since it started on its first day. Over Thanksgiving I was busy with family and everything else and I got behind. I've just finally got caught up, and it took me those last 2 weeks to finally get here, lol.

Glad to see things are finally happening. Hope that sometime in February we start seeing some deliveries on here to make this all worth it.

On another note, this thread would probably only be 200 pages at this time, except there are literally hundreds of posts referring to earlier posts to try to keep everyone organized about all the different bits and pieces of facts and rumors that have occurred in the previous thousands of posts 😆
Yes, it may be almost time to rename this thread USA/Canada Pre-Delivery Angst Thread. And create a new USA/Canada Delivery Thread that chronicles the actual deliveries that will start in January. Kind of a fresh start!

That's how crowd-sourcing works.
Not all Emira deposits were monetary.
#ForTheScribers

Has anyone asked or been told if they can drive their car during dealer purgatory and visitation or will the cars even be legally road worthy? It would be good to keep the car driven occasionally during the wait time. As long as its never by the dealer employees etc. (take photos of odometer every visit)
Then maybe they'll sell it to you at a "used car" price by the time CARB cert goes through :unsure:

Has anyone asked or been told if they can drive their car during dealer purgatory and visitation or will the cars even be legally road worthy? It would be good to keep the car driven occasionally during the wait time. As long as its never by the dealer employees etc. (take photos of odometer every visit)
He's got a point. It's your conjugal visit. Your 10 minutes. Guard normally doesn't ask questions.

I am assuming some members here will create a inspection list for people to use when picking up their cars.
  • paint bubbling
  • brake rotor/pads conditions
  • battery health
  • panel gap
  • paint color mismatch
I will refuse delivery if there is any issue in my list above.
Don’t buy a C8 corvette, they call those issues character to make them look different since there’s so many on the road.

I am surprised that the cars would be shipped to any dealers until the EPA/Carb is approved regardless of the state. I live in Texas basically have no rules. Unless Lotus needs space at the main holding area I think this opens up a big can of worms. This will be interesting

I am surprised that the cars would be shipped to any dealers until the EPA/Carb is approved regardless of the state. I live in Texas basically have no rules. Unless Lotus needs space at the main holding area I think this opens up a big can of worms. This will be interesting
It makes sense because they save on storage costs. The dealers essentially will store these cars for free, and with less risk of damage compared to a 3rd party storage facility somewhere. There is also less moving them around - and as we all learned in business class, the top driver in logistics cost is moving things from one point to another.

They did it before with the Evora 400. They sat at the dealer until the certification decals were sent from Lotus. The dealer then applied the stickers and could sell the car.

So have we created the largest thread on this forum? Size matters!

Those of you received VIN, what color did you order? Can some of FE 1.0 manual on later ships due to Lotus made cars in color batch and the color you order was made in later batch hence in later ship?
This post needs more visibility; been wondering the same thing. I believe there has only been one response, and that was for Dark Verdant.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back