• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Battery health can be remedied easily with a charger, or one step further with a new battery altogether. I'll be swapping the poor quality OEM one for Li-Ion as soon as it's in my garage. More power, higher capacity, and 30lbs weight savings in the rear.

That's the thing. It's a 9 hour round trip for me, plus time at the dealer. I don't want to show up to serious issues. I am going to have to hound my dealer to check on these issues.
Which dealer? I bought through Flow in Winston-Salem.

Not even after they arrived at the Baltimore port?
I guess not. I specifically asked if my car was in the cars that had arrived, and he emailed back that there wasn't anything he could confirm, so I guess mine wasn't in that group. I was in the 2nd order group so it's not a surprise, I was just hoping lol.

Battery health can be remedied easily with a charger, or one step further with a new battery altogether. I'll be swapping the poor quality OEM one for Li-Ion as soon as it's in my garage. More power, higher capacity, and 30lbs weight savings in the rear.
The Antigravity battery? They just increased the price on those. The 40 Ah one is now $949.99, and the 60 Ah is $1,049.99.

The Antigravity battery? They just increased the price on those. The 40 Ah one is now $949.99, and the 60 Ah is $1,049.99.
Ouch, I knew I should have bought during their Black Friday sale.

Just speaking for myself, where the cars are and where they will be stored affects things such as brake seizing, battery health, and how quickly I can pickup the car once the CARB approval is obtained.
Immediately after you pay for it.

You're going to need a longer notebook

I am assuming some members here will create a inspection list for people to use when picking up their cars.
  • paint bubbling
  • brake rotor/pads conditions
  • battery health
  • panel gap
  • paint color mismatch
I will refuse delivery if there is any issue in my list above.
Depositors have been waiting so long, I suspect we will see two main camps:

(1) Depositors expecting perfection in return for waiting the 2+ years or so since initial deposit; and

(2) Depositors who just want the f-ing car already and will try to get “punch list” items noted at delivery and fixed under warranty after taking possession.

For me, concerns about panel gaps ultimately led to me deciding on DV over Hethel Yellow - harder to see panel gaps with darker colors.

Those of you received VIN, what color did you order? Can some of FE 1.0 manual on later ships due to Lotus made cars in color batch and the color you order was made in later batch hence in later ship?

Those of you received VIN, what color did you order? Can some of FE 1.0 manual on later ships due to Lotus made cars in color batch and the color you order was made in later batch hence in later ship?
I was wondering that as well. I have magma red that didn’t make it and the people I know that got a VIN don’t have that color.

Has anyone asked or been told if they can drive their car during dealer purgatory and visitation or will the cars even be legally road worthy? It would be good to keep the car driven occasionally during the wait time. As long as its never by the dealer employees etc. (take photos of odometer every visit)

Has anyone asked or been told if they can drive their car during dealer purgatory and visitation or will the cars even be legally road worthy? It would be good to keep the car driven occasionally during the wait time. As long as its never by the dealer employees etc. (take photos of odometer every visit)
What would also be interesting is whether they could be taken to vendors for pre-sale services like PPF.

LOL, absolutely not — for so many damn reasons that should be obvious.

Couldn't you become an employee of the dealer for a few hours and help move the cars so the ground underneath them can get some sun?

In VA we aren't allowed to buy/sell raw milk but you can get raw milk from cows that you own, so places that sell raw milk make you sign a temporary ownership in a share of the cow that produced the milk.

Apparently yes they are
Did you hear something? Based on the casual conversation here, it seems the CARB state dealers don't have VINs and/or don't know whether their cars are at other than "on the way". The Non-CARB dealers seem to have more specific info about the cars headed their way. Just trying to figure this out because, well, it gives us something to do.

Obviously not on extended test drives without the dealer in the car etc or even the dealer driving it with depositor riding along. If the depositor/owner can't drive the car alone then the dealers not better be able to either.

Dont see much legal difference in these cars vs the dealer test drive cars as far as liability and emissions. Especially in non CARB states.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back