• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

they said applying the sticker is just one of the steps in the process, didn't mention whether or not Lotus told them to apply them now. I think they know approval is imminent and we are just waiting on formalities.
1705464812195.png

My FE 2.0 arrived at dealer yesterday, so I went to see it last night. I went by to see it. Looks like they got my spec correct including privacy glass delete.

I spoke with the GM for 15 minutes, was pretty transparent. 30 cars received thus far, mix of 1.0 and 2.0 (has not received all 1.0 yet). Received a bonus allocation or a few FE, said they are open to be spec, not a customer car that backed out. They are renting space to store all of them.

Regarding Carb - does not believe it has officially happened, but says reps are confident it will happen before the end of January 2024. That said, in addition to carb certification and stickers, they will need to obtain Monroney stickers. Seemed bullish that deliveries will happen in Feb 24.

We also talked about ROFR clauses, and they said they don’t bother.

Overall - I’m pleased with the buying experience thus far. Granted I only ordered this about 6 months ago, so it hasn’t been the long journey that many have had.

My FE 2.0 arrived at dealer yesterday, so I went to see it last night. I went by to see it. Looks like they got my spec correct including privacy glass delete.

I spoke with the GM for 15 minutes, was pretty transparent. 30 cars received thus far, mix of 1.0 and 2.0 (has not received all 1.0 yet). Received a bonus allocation or a few FE, said they are open to be spec, not a customer car that backed out. They are renting space to store all of them.

Regarding Carb - does not believe it has officially happened, but says reps are confident it will happen before the end of January 2024. That said, in addition to carb certification and stickers, they will need to obtain Monroney stickers. Seemed bullish that deliveries will happen in Feb 24.

We also talked about ROFR clauses, and they said they don’t bother.

Overall - I’m pleased with the buying experience thus far. Granted I only ordered this about 6 months ago, so it hasn’t been the long journey that many have had.
Let me know when you head over again and I’ll try to join you!

Had a visit with my FE2.0 last night at the dealer. Sticker was applied on mine as well. Has to be getting close. Order was correct and can't wait to take delivery.
Atlanta Lotus? How many cars do they have in showroom?

Atlanta Lotus? How many cars do they have in showroom?
Yes Lotus of Atlanta. They only had two Emiras on the showroom floor and none that I saw outside. One was their Verdant demo car and my Hethel Yellow. I know that they have others that they are storing at a sister store offsite.

Last edited:
Just found out my car was in the last batch delivered to Charlotte. FE 2.0. Seneca. Deposit placed 2/08/2022.

Like others, dealership was also told that CARB approval by end of month and delivery immediately after. But, dealer also said what they are told by Lotus USA and what happens can vary.

Just found out my car was in the last batch delivered to Charlotte. FE 2.0. Seneca. Deposit placed 2/08/2022.

Like others, dealership was also told that CARB approval by end of month and delivery immediately after. But, dealer also said what they are told by Lotus USA and what happens can vary.
Famous words.
#Your Results May Vary

I just got my VIN from my dealer in New York! He says my car is built and at factory but waiting on carb certification before being shipped. Maybe they are holding carb state cars in England until certification comes? They are anticipating my car will get to the US by the end of February. I ordered in October 2021 so I'm in first run, but still will be 2 1/2 years since ordering!

Btw: I don't know if its true but somebody on another forum posted that the Lotus Emira needs to show up on this web page for new carb certified cars before it can be sold here:
New Vehicle and Engine Certification: Executive Orders for newly-certified Passenger Cars, Light-Duty Trucks, and Chassis Certified Medium-Duty Vehicles | California Air Resources Board

Obviously this is not scientific at all but no CARB EOs are posted yet for 2024. I did look back at 2023 and the first batch shows a date of 1/18/23. Hopefully we get a mid-month approval.

I just got my VIN from my dealer in New York! He says my car is built and at factory but waiting on carb certification before being shipped. Maybe they are holding carb state cars in England until certification comes? They are anticipating my car will get to the US by the end of February. I ordered in October 2021 so I'm in first run, but still will be 2 1/2 years since ordering!

Btw: I don't know if its true but somebody on another forum posted that the Lotus Emira needs to show up on this web page for new carb certified cars before it can be sold here:
New Vehicle and Engine Certification: Executive Orders for newly-certified Passenger Cars, Light-Duty Trucks, and Chassis Certified Medium-Duty Vehicles | California Air Resources Board
While I may have misinterpreted, I didn’t get the impression CARB based cars are being held back in the uk until after the CARB announcement. I thought they were on way now. That would be annoying to wait another month later than other states… Who has the shipping logs??

While I may have misinterpreted, I didn’t get the impression CARB based cars are being held back in the uk until after the CARB announcement. I thought they were on way now. That would be annoying to wait another month later than other states… Who has the shipping logs??
If anyone from a CARB state has a VIN they can just Google it and it will pull up shipping logs. When I Google my VIN I get the shipping info: https://www.importinfo.com/lotus-cars-usa-inc

Los Gatos says the have received no cars yet.

Congratulations! What is your spec?

Yes this is the correct link. Based on this thread I believe this link is being checked at least once every 5 minutes, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by someone!

Congratulations! What is your spec?

Yes this is the correct link. Based on this thread I believe this link is being checked at least once every 5 minutes, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by someone!
It’s listed for model year 2023, shouldn’t it now be showing 2024?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back