• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Attachments

• lotus_email.JPG
    lotus_email.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 24
Delivery first few weeks of 2024? Do they know what few even means. Maybe the gift is a Lotus terminology dictionary.

Coming soon the Lotus Ambiguous
Part of me wonders if they said "weeks" because they didn't want to promise January, and writing "months" would have sounded WAY worse than "weeks". Could 6 weeks still be "a few weeks"? Maybe...

Was in the same boat until yesterday when my dealer told me my FE 2.0 was on the lot and sent me pics and the VIN. You might want to check........
Will do...based on the conversations here on the forum I didn't know any cars had hit California dealers...

Part of me wonders if they said "weeks" because they didn't want to promise January, and writing "months" would have sounded WAY worse than "weeks". Could 6 weeks still be "a few weeks"? Maybe...
Almost certainly.

I got the email too. Since we know how long "soon" is, that gives us a clue as to how long a "few" weeks can be. I'm okay with it. Been waiting this long, I can wait a bit longer. Considering that everything outside right now is ice and deep snow, I'm really quite okay with waiting a bit longer.

This is the version of that email for those of us who ordered autos. I think this is the first official communication I have directly received from Lotus about my order.
Finally, an official update about v6 Autos. Hopefully the timing holds true, and we get them just in time for summer.

Just got my VIN from Lotus Philly.
My car is completed and awaiting final carb approval to be shipped.
They're expecting the car to arrive next month. 🤞
(For reference, I was an FE 2.0 ordered in April, finalized in August)

So funny! 9am got the “expected delivery first few weeks of 2024“ email.

This is the first and ONLY communication I have ever received about this car other than texts with my sales guy and some initial acknowledgment that I placed an order with no detail whatsoever.

A couple months ago decided with FE2 price plus ADM, there’s no way it’s *that* much better than my Evora GT. Canceled the order and got my deposit back.

Betting I could call back and get my car without ADM..

I got the same email, but suspect they sent it to EVERYONE who put in an order regardless of when it was. Reason being, I put in my final configuration for an FE 2.0 in November 2023. I'm expecting a delivery around May, not now but who the heck knows anymore lol.
Not everyone, I put my order in Dec. 2023 - did not receive an Email. I have a feeling these emails are being sent to customers that already have VIN numbers / completed cars. (maybe not shipped yet) Would make sense as I don't believe a Dec ordered car would be built already, but a Nov may have been. Interesting. Also glad they sent out (finally) an email to the V6 Auto guys.

So funny! 9am got the “expected delivery first few weeks of 2024“ email.

This is the first and ONLY communication I have ever received about this car other than texts with my sales guy and some initial acknowledgment that I placed an order with no detail whatsoever.

A couple months ago decided with FE2 price plus ADM, there’s no way it’s *that* much better than my Evora GT. Canceled the order and got my deposit back.

Betting I could call back and get my car without ADM..
That would be a good bet

Just got my VIN from Lotus Philly.
My car is completed and awaiting final carb approval to be shipped.
They're expecting the car to arrive next month. 🤞
(For reference, I was an FE 2.0 ordered in April, finalized in August)
Can't help but still be annoyed that I still have no vin and no word on my car being built/shipped, and I finalized my order (FE1.0 v6 manual) a year and a half before you.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back