• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

OMG - Just got this from my dealership. Lotus sent that email in error???!!!
Am I being punked? (2.0 in California)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240118_153516_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240118_153516_Gmail.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Now it’s 21 days or less? That’s useful.
you know what is useless... posts #7,123 and 7,125 talking about how useless other useless posts are to their particular situation... and you can include post 7,130 just as useless as the other two. Everybody gets a little extra uselessness today.

Good Afternoon,

My name is Bear Dalton and I am the new General Manager for Lotus New London, formerly Secor Lotus. Yes, the name change is solely due to new lotus compliance rules. Yes, it's still the same Bear, if you spoke to us within the past few years, I just changed titles.

We expect to see Emira cars available for delivery as soon as the first week of February, for Manual First Edition version 1 customers and GT4 cars that were already in final submission. Version 2 manual is coming shortly thereafter and delivering through June.

We expect Auto V6 First Edition Version 1 and 2 for around summer time, due to CARB compliance holdups.

Any customers putting in a pre-order for a manual V6 now, will be on the "base" list. The lists are moving much faster than the projected times I was telling customers prior, which was 12-18 months.

If anyone has any questions, my team and I are glad to help and you can chat with us more rapidly after inquiring on the site. Apologies in advance if I don't get back to all the thread activity in here. There seems to be a lot going on!

Thank you, fellow enthusiasts!

Welcome to the forum @Bear Dalton! I appreciate your contribution to this discussion. Happy to have another dealer here representing the brand and providing updates. A major complaint over the past 2.5+ years has been the poor customer comms from Lotus to their paying customers, so it's nice to have some dealers making the extra effort. 😎

You would HAVE to think if that email was an error that they would send a follow-up saying, sorry for the accidental email.

Was it not supposed to be sent to CARB states reservation holders or to anyone in the US?

Good Afternoon,

My name is Bear Dalton and I am the new General Manager for Lotus New London, formerly Secor Lotus. Yes, the name change is solely due to new lotus compliance rules. Yes, it's still the same Bear, if you spoke to us within the past few years, I just changed titles.

We expect to see Emira cars available for delivery as soon as the first week of February, for Manual First Edition version 1 customers and GT4 cars that were already in final submission. Version 2 manual is coming shortly thereafter and delivering through June.

We expect Auto V6 First Edition Version 1 and 2 for around summer time, due to CARB compliance holdups.

Any customers putting in a pre-order for a manual V6 now, will be on the "base" list. The lists are moving much faster than the projected times I was telling customers prior, which was 12-18 months.

If anyone has any questions, my team and I are glad to help and you can chat with us more rapidly after inquiring on the site. Apologies in advance if I don't get back to all the thread activity in here. There seems to be a lot going on!

Thank you, fellow enthusiasts!
Welcome Bear (very cool). This community absolutely welcomes any dealer willing to add clarity to what has been a rather bumpy ride. That being said - and please do not take this as me being a d!$k - can you add color beyond what we either already know or are being told? If you read the more recent posts here, we have all been told that delivery is eminent. The bigger question is what does that mean? A week? A month?

Again, welcome and appreciate any clarity you can provide.

Welcome Bear (very cool). This community absolutely welcomes any dealer willing to add clarity to what has been a rather bumpy ride. That being said - and please do not take this as me being a d!$k - can you add color beyond what we either already know or are being told? If you read the more recent posts here, we have all been told that delivery is eminent. The bigger question is what does that mean? A week? A month?

I thought he was already pretty clear about delivery times as he understands it. He is also in a CARB state. However, I am a little iffy on first week Feb delivery even if the cars are being loaded into ships as we speak.

To their credit, at least they admit that the Auto V6 delays are due to Carb delays, and not the tired, catch-all "global supply chain" excuse that Lotus keeps repeating, despite nobody actually believing it anymore.

Dear Sally
A) you've been a very good girl this year.
B) your pony is in the front yard
C) merry christmas!
Love Santa
(Oops - please disregard B- not for US)

Not sure I understand. The email seems to be fairly accurate in terms of our expectations (delivery soon…). And the dealer seems to confirm there is indeed a gift coming in the mail…

you know what is useless... posts #7,123 and 7,125 talking about how useless other useless posts are to their particular situation... and you can include post 7,130 just as useless as the other two. Everybody gets a little extra uselessness today.
I’m sorry @Lotustoronto. You’re just trying to help and I took out my frustration on your posts. I apologize.
Sincerely. Sorry about that. Please continue to help as much as possible.

Not everyone, I put my order in Dec. 2023 - did not receive an Email. I have a feeling these emails are being sent to customers that already have VIN numbers / completed cars. (maybe not shipped yet) Would make sense as I don't believe a Dec ordered car would be built already, but a Nov may have been. Interesting. Also glad they sent out (finally) an email to the V6 Auto guys.
l haven't put order on yet..
. Deposit October 2022

Great to see a lot of new people posting. Not that I was getting tired of the same ole people! LOL

I got the email too. Now the GIFT?!? Everyone cross their fingers for a car cover.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back