• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Obligatory question: you checked all of your spam / junk / promotions folders?
Its true. Your email client may think it's NSFW.

2ff82f35426c7f1db01e30918ad3452f1fc373f0.gif

Got the same email but can’t possibly be accurate. First few weeks of 2024 is now. Why overpromise and under deliver? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I will say I’m impressed they were able to email me. Did not see that coming.

Got the same email but can’t possibly be accurate. First few weeks of 2024 is now. Why overpromise and under deliver? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I will say I’m impressed they were able to email me. Did not see that coming.
Unless they mean, the first few weeks and they release them within the next 14-21 days (holding true to the email). So my guess is the email is completely accurate and they will be delivered within the next 2-3 weeks (I was hoping this week they were releasing them, but it's Thursday and CARB hasn't posted yet).

Unless they mean, the first few weeks and they release them within the next 14-21 days (holding true to the email). So my guess is the email is completely accurate and they will be delivered within the next 2-3 weeks (I was hoping this week they were releasing them, but it's Thursday and CARB hasn't posted yet).
CARB *JUST* posted on 1/14 so they are likely not going to post another batch until mid February.

However, once the EO has been made, Lotus would know it and they can then proceed, I believe. They don't have to wait for the EO to be publicly posted, I hope.

CARB *JUST* posted on 1/14 so they are likely not going to post another batch until mid February.

However, once the EO has been made, Lotus would know it and they can then proceed, I believe. They don't have to wait for the EO to be publicly posted, I hope.
Oh yeah agree I mean "approved" versus physically posted to the CARB site. I doubt Dallas is applying CARB stickers waiting for a doc to show up on a website. I'm sure once they know from Lotus they have approval they're out the door.

Somebody mentioned lotus received a call from CARB and Lotus provided some supplemental info. CARB seemed satisfied with Lotus's response. It was a week or so ago?
My guess is lotus will receive a go signal next week as well. Fingers crossed.

Good Afternoon,

My name is Bear Dalton and I am the new General Manager for Lotus New London, formerly Secor Lotus. Yes, the name change is solely due to new lotus compliance rules. Yes, it's still the same Bear, if you spoke to us within the past few years, I just changed titles.

We expect to see Emira cars available for delivery as soon as the first week of February, for Manual First Edition version 1 customers and GT4 cars that were already in final submission. Version 2 manual is coming shortly thereafter and delivering through June.

We expect Auto V6 First Edition Version 1 and 2 for around summer time, due to CARB compliance holdups.

Any customers putting in a pre-order for a manual V6 now, will be on the "base" list. The lists are moving much faster than the projected times I was telling customers prior, which was 12-18 months.

If anyone has any questions, my team and I are glad to help and you can chat with us more rapidly after inquiring on the site. Apologies in advance if I don't get back to all the thread activity in here. There seems to be a lot going on!

Thank you, fellow enthusiasts!

I’m here live at Lotus HQ.

Melissa works in Marketing. Hi Melissa.
Hey Melissa how do you know what to send next and to which email address?

Oh we just troll that one forum online and see who we can best mess with.

Great work Melissa. Great work. Success.

How did you all come up with the “soon” campaign?

Oh easy. We took the most obtuse word in the English language and decided this would be the best one to hide our inability to satisfy our customers.

Great work. Last question. Which is more? Soon or a few weeks?

It’s For the Drivers to decide.

Thanks Melissa. Back to the forum.

Maybe it only went to US customers?
@eriegz is in Canada and received one... he is an FE 1.0 - I am guessing it went to customers with completed builds and vins. I do not expect mine to be built yet, so not a big deal. The email would not make sense in my case as my car would not be a "few" weeks away, most likely early summer delivery as the allocation was just this past month.

Which means, everyone that got that email, I expect to be quickly delivered once CARB is sorted / your cars are all somewhere in either a ship / in the USA or Canada! Exciting stuff coming.

This is as useful as when the waitress taps the table and tells me my food will be right out. :(

I knew that when I woke up this morning, that’s how it goes…

Soon baby soon.
right, but there maybe some V2 F/E ppl that placed orders in oct/nov that thought they were getting a car in may/June as originally it was always a 6 month lead time from order to productions slot. It now seems that people who ordered F/E V2's in those months might be getting their cars in the next 3 weeks. Big difference for some - might not be useful for you.

right, but there maybe some V2 F/E ppl that placed orders in oct/nov that thought they were getting a car in may/June as originally it was always a 6 month lead time from order to productions slot. It now seems that people who ordered F/E V2's in those months might be getting their cars in the next 3 weeks. Big difference for some - might not be useful for you.
Now it’s 21 days or less? That’s useful.

I got the email as well, deposit was July, 2021. I confirmed my spec in August of 2023 for a V6 auto. Time will tell

I got the email as well, deposit was July, 2021. I confirmed my spec in August of 2023 for a V6 auto. Time will tell
did you receive the V6 Auto delay email - or the email that said your Emira will arrive in the first few weeks of 2024? There were two different emails apparently.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back