• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

My view.

If Lotus has only built and/or shipped non-Carb state cars this has benefitted the dealers and buyers in those states and moved many people (including me) forward in the queue. It would also explain why there are FE 2.0 cars mixed in with the initial deliveries.

I was expecting delivery in the April timeframe which would have been better for me as I’m in Wisconsin and also need to sell another car. I’m not complaining as I’m happy to not move further out but it does explain how non-Carb approval may have thrown a wrench into the Lotus build sequence vs order date.

It’s possible I’m confused as there are a lot of posts on whether Carb state have had any cars built and/or delivered to dealers.

Obviously it would have helped if there was more transparency on how the Carb issue affected production and anticipated delivery dates.

It's possible they might be delaying until carb states get the 1.0 allocated cars before releasing everyone; perhaps some kind of thing for the initial 1.0 orders. My 2.0 car is already at the dealer.

My view.

If Lotus has only built and/or shipped non-Carb state cars this has benefitted the dealers and buyers in those states and moved many people (including me) forward in the queue. It would also explain why there are FE 2.0 cars mixed in with the initial deliveries.

I was expecting delivery in the April timeframe which would have been better for me as I’m in Wisconsin and also need to sell another car. I’m not complaining as I’m happy to not move further out but it does explain how non-Carb approval may have thrown a wrench into the Lotus build sequence vs order date.

It’s possible I’m confused as there are a lot of posts on whether Carb state have had any cars built and/or delivered to dealers.

Obviously it would have helped if there was more transparency on how the Carb issue affected production and anticipated delivery dates.
I just got the same e-mail today from Lotus RE the. “soon” delivery and “gift” for my patience.

Not sure what this means? Should I start getting my finances in order?

I am a FE 2.0, order with Boardwalk Lotus (San Jose).

Really was not planning on anything till this Summer.

I guess anything earlier would be a nice but not an expected surprise 😳

Well, it's enough motivation for me to clean my garage stall for the Emira. It's been semi-empty since May 2021.
1000011872.jpg

Regarding the TDC stripe: are the automatics being built somewhere else? Why would the V6 auto get the stripe options and the manual not?

Got the email. The version without a gift, car “first few weeks of 2024”, v6 manual, CARB state. Last I heard from dealer was on its way from UK. I’ll put $5 on Feb 10th collection

Got the email. The version without a gift, car “first few weeks of 2024”, v6 manual, CARB state. Last I heard from dealer was on its way from UK. I’ll put $5 on Feb 10th collection
Can you post giftless version?

Regarding the TDC stripe: are the automatics being built somewhere else? Why would the V6 auto get the stripe options and the manual not?

This topic has been covered to death here. Basically, Lotus said there was a supplier issue with the manual wheels and they could only get all black. Now why they couldn't source colored stitching these past 2.5 years? Good question. I assume they already received the bulk order of black wheels and didn't want to deal with the fuss of allowing early customers to go back and update their spec.

Is it correct 3 versions of emails went out?

1. V6 manual with gift
  2. V6 manual without gift
  3. V6 auto

I wonder if we can get Vegas to take odds on the various things Lotus may or may not do.
We could bet on CARB approval date, delivery dates, when i4s show up, and have real high odds on things like random positive emails that still confuse.
I'd take a few bets.

Is it correct 3 versions of emails went out?

1. V6 manual with gift
  2. V6 manual without gift
  3. V6 auto
As a data point, I received the "1. V6 manual with gift" email, and I'm
- in a CARB state
- FE 1.0 V6 manual order
- no vin
- no word if shipped or even built

- in a CARB state
- FE 1.0 V6 manual order
- no vin
I would assume that all FE 1.0 manual cars have been built. The CARB state cars should be waiting for shipping in UK. If your dealer has not given you a VIN you can pester them for it.

- in a CARB state
- FE 1.0 V6 manual order
- no vin

You have a VIN your dealer just sucks, ask them to check their spreadsheet.

I think a lot of Western states are in the same position as you with the only variance being the vin/no vin which is entirely up to the dealer to communicate with you.

Blocked off for sensitive content, but this list exists and dealers get regular updates.

1705679401923.png

You have a VIN your dealer just sucks, ask them to check their spreadsheet.

I think a lot of Western states are in the same position as you with the only variance being the vin/no vin which is entirely up to the dealer to communicate with you.

Blocked off for sensitive content, but this list exists and dealers get regular updates.

View attachment 35970
what is the status in darker color. I cannot see it clearly. Is it Loaded or Locked?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back