• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

View attachment 37085
First i8 coupe was nothing but problem but second one (pictured here) was the roadster edition and o had zero problems. Very comfortable ride, great daily driver however I would no recommend a used one at all. The moment my cars were out of warranty I sold them off. Nobody other than bmw can work on these. You can’t even open the hood, you need 2 people with a special tech key on each side of the car.
Car was also slow. Not a big deal as I have other fast toys but for its looks, it was underwhelming power wise.
I did really like the roadster but I saw depreciation coming full speed and dumped it at the right time. If I EVER get my Emira… one day, I will not miss the i8. It was a fun car back then but it lost its wow factors when pretty much anybody could buy one for $45k
Thank you, surprised you called it slow with the electric assist to get up to speed. Top speed was probably dog water. Yea, they are affordable now, that’s why I asked; appreciate the warning.
⚠️

Here’s another on facebook. Not sure the full story - customer states he was in before the price change, dealer says otherwise so he’s dropping out at the current MSRP. For anyone looking to jump the line for a white Emira:

View attachment 37089

Not sure what his confusion is here. That's clearly an FE2.0 being white, which means FE2.0 price.

Here’s another on facebook. Not sure the full story - customer states he was in before the price change, dealer says otherwise so he’s dropping out at the current MSRP. For anyone looking to jump the line for a white Emira:

View attachment 37089
I take it you didn’t get an email with the agreed price. I’d sue if they tried price hiking on me.

View attachment 37089
If he has white, he was never in the FE1 group. Sounds like someone is just salty.
Not sure what his confusion is here. That's clearly an FE2.0 being white, which means FE2.0 price.

Don't forget that it's perfectly possible to have placed a deposit well over 2 years ago, but have ended up slightly over the particular dealer's initial FE1.0 allocation count. Customers have had radically different access to FE1.0 cars depending on which dealer they happened to order through, and even some people who ordered in 2021 have been "bumped" to an FE2.0 with higher cost.

And don't forget, not all of us live terminally-online lives where the minutiae of Lotus's mercurial pricing policies are obvious to (or even known by) the customer.

I think it's perfectly possible that this guy has been waiting for years for a car, the dealer finally informed him it was time to place his "hard" factory order, and gave him a new palette of colors (FE2.0), from which he chose white. The new price could have been as much of a surprise as the additional color options. And taking a big step back from what we've all accommodated ourselves to... he's not wrong. The price that was quoted when he placed his deposit is NOT being honored.

Don't forget that it's perfectly possible to have placed a deposit well over 2 years ago, but have ended up slightly over the particular dealer's initial FE1.0 allocation count. Customers have had radically different access to FE1.0 cars depending on which dealer they happened to order through, and even some people who ordered in 2021 have been "bumped" to an FE2.0 with higher cost.

And don't forget, not all of us live terminally-online lives where the minutiae of Lotus's mercurial pricing policies are obvious to (or even known by) the customer.

I think it's perfectly possible that this guy has been waiting for years for a car, the dealer finally informed him it was time to place his "hard" factory order, and gave him a new palette of colors (FE2.0), from which he chose white. The new price could have been as much of a surprise as the additional color options. And taking a big step back from what we've all accommodated ourselves to... he's not wrong. The price that was quoted when he placed his deposit is NOT being honored.
Correct. Case in point: I'm a 2021 deposit holder who was quoted and expected $94k and now paying $105.4k for an FE 2.0.

I'm also in that boat - placed my deposit July 2021 and I missed my dealers FE1 cutoff. It's irksome that I have the higher MSRP, but I guess I got over it.

The only good / bad news is that my car is at the dealer, and has been there almost 1.5 months now. I get my car the same time as the FE1 guys, but at a premium. 😢

Just in case anyone in N/A missed Bear's latest post; Regarding Emira roadside.... I think it's an important post hence why I re-posted it;

@Bear Dalton

"Great news! Our North American Roadside Assistance Program is now live. Please see below for more information.

1. Lotus Roadside Assistance Program

We’ve partnered with a roadside assistance and mobility assistance technology company called Urgently, who will help us streamline towing dispatch and connect the consumer with technology like real-time tracking, ETA information, CSI surveys, and more.

• Coverage is for the valid term of the new vehicle warranty USA / Canada
  • Tow coverage is provided for any warranty covered disablement.
  • Covered disablements will be towed to the nearest Authorized Lotus Repair Center at NO COST to the customer regardless of miles.
  • The tow provider will attempt to resolve the consumers issue on the spot, but if unable, they will tow the vehicle to the nearest Authorized Lotus Repair Center.
  • Non-tow related inclusions / offerings listed below:
    • Standard / basic auto Lockout (locksmith services extra)
    • Flat Tire (Can install customer provided spare. Tire replacement cost is ineligible)
    • Jump Start (Battery replacement is ineligible)
    • Winch Services
    • Short Term Mobility
    • Transport
    • Fuel delivery (fuel cost is ineligible)
    • Even trip interruption coverage if eligible (i.e. lodging, rental car, meals, & such)
  • 1 (888) 462 - 5210 USA

1 (888) 462 - 5610 CA
"

Regarding the roadside assistance program, do we understand that this is being offered by Lotus USA as part of our warranty coverage through all dealers? Couldn't tell if it was just something Bear's dealership put in place on it's own.

Regarding the roadside assistance program, do we understand that this is being offered by Lotus USA as part of our warranty coverage through all dealers? Couldn't tell if it was just something Bear's dealership put in place on it's own.
@Bear Dalton could you clarify?

It’s nationwide. My dealer in Austin made a comment about this service a couple of weeks ago.