• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

1707787926351.png
HUGE news fellas! I got a call today by Mike at Lotus of Dallas to respond to this email! my final build was submitted! 4 months until its built and ~2 until its at the dealer probably

I know some people are gunna be pissed about this next part, my deposit was july 2023 and I got a First Edition :D

I called them just last week, according to them back then I was order #104 and they had 80 FE slots so it was kinda unlikely I was going to get one. so suddenly I get this call today so it was certainly a surprise. the email makes it sound like they got more FE slots but over the phone it sounded more like this is taking into account all of the auto guys that were delayed

Last edited:
View attachment 37097HUGE news fellas! I got a call today by Mike at Lotus of Dallas to respond to this email! my final build was submitted! 4 months until its built and ~2 until its at the dealer probably

I know some people are gunna be pissed about this next part, my deposit was july 2023 and I got a First Edition :D

I called them just last week, last i heard back then I was order #104 and they had 80 FE slots so it was kinda unlikely I was going to get one. so suddenly I get this call so it was certainly a surprise. the email makes it sound like they got more FE slots but over the phone it sounded more like this is taking into account all of the auto guys that were delayed
Alot of early position holders have bailed leaving the dealers with cars that aren't spoken for. Not surprising since Lotus is world renowned for its superior communications and customer service.

Alot of early position holders have bailed leaving the dealers with cars that aren't spoken for. Not surprising since Lotus is world renowned for its superior communications and customer service.
yeah but I was 20 spots away from an FE just last week. also im getting my own car with my own options

i might have gotten priority call cuz i pester them so often lol. maybe they wanted someone who was a sure fire bet to go through with it (i am)

Last edited:
View attachment 37097HUGE news fellas! I got a call today by Mike at Lotus of Dallas to respond to this email! my final build was submitted! 4 months until its built and ~2 until its at the dealer probably

I called them just last week, according to them back then I was order #104 and they had 80 FE slots so it was kinda unlikely I was going to get one. so suddenly I get this call today so it was certainly a surprise. the email makes it sound like they got more FE slots but over the phone it sounded more like this is taking into account all of the auto guys that were delayed
Let 'em be pissed. Enjoy your car!

(BTW, I got a 1.0 FE slot in June 2023 - there are many of us that have benefited from this gong show of a rollout)

Congrats! It looks like Lotus just issued the final remaining V6 manual F/E allocations.

Now the question is when does the Base configurator go live for the V6 manual. I also fear that the Auto box guys will be pushed out to fall delivery with this news. There is a decent likelihood that we won’t see the base configurator until q3 2024 with a
2025 Q1 deliveries along side i4 F/E’s. Long wait for anyone without a first edition unfortunately. Alas, there will be at least 30-50 on AutoTrader by May this year.

Congrats! It looks like Lotus just issued the final remaining V6 manual F/E allocations.

Now the question is when does the Base configurator go live for the V6 manual. I also fear that the Auto box guys will be pushed out to fall delivery with this news. There is a decent likelihood that we won’t see the base configurator until q3 2024 with a
2025 Q1 deliveries along side i4 F/E’s. Long wait for anyone without a first edition unfortunately. Alas, there will be at least 30-50 on AutoTrader by May this year.
You really think people are going to buy a car they have been waiting years for and sell them a couple of months later? As soon as they leave the lot they will slightly depreciate which is normal so I don’t see how people would be ok with losing money on the car so quickly after waiting so long for it. But maybe I’m wrong? 🤷🏻‍♂️

You really think people are going to...
Some of us are getting a V6 manual for 94k when current confirmed builds are already up to 105k, and still others have no guarantee of ever getting a V6M slot (depending on what Lotus chooses to do). So yeah, I think some people can flip. But, it would be amazing if no one did and these cars really were 'for the drivers'.

You really think people are going to buy a car they have been waiting years for and sell them a couple of months later? As soon as they leave the lot they will slightly depreciate which is normal so I don’t see how people would be ok with losing money on the car so quickly after waiting so long for it. But maybe I’m wrong? 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think some peoples financial situation has changed over the last 3 years… and some people will try to flip for a profit. Although I don’t know how well that will turn out. Nonetheless 30-50 cars in all of the US is not a huge amount and shouldn’t really impact re-sale. I think UK has about 60 for sale and 1/4 the population. So by those metrics, not too bad! Re sale value will be come down to what happens with Base pricing. IMO

They only depreciate if you can’t sell it for more.
I’m not bored enough to do this but you can run a script to see if they have it posted just not posted to the actual section of the website. The logic they follow on their URLs is pretty easy to adjust you just have to run a script to adjust the date submitted to Carb that is the only unknown.

I haven’t received my “free” gift yet, but I suppose like everything Lotus, it’ll get here, when it gets here.

However, it doesn’t escape me that somebody has been sitting on my $10,000 deposit for close to 3 years. I’m getting 5.3% in my money market. So let’s say the average deposit is $5000, and at 3.25%, and 2 years, that’s $325 in interest. I would say the least Lotus should do is send out a hat and book.

Yes, some people are never satisfied (when getting abused).
I h am red my read all of this thread so can I ask, if you put down a $5000 deposit does you purchase price stay the same or go up if Lotus has price rises?
I don’t know how you guys can stand it because I nearly didn’t buy my last Audi when told it was a 9 month waiting list.

1. Lotus Roadside Assistance Program

We’ve partnered with a roadside assistance and mobility assistance technology company called Urgently, who will help us streamline towing dispatch and connect the consumer with technology like real-time tracking, ETA information, CSI surveys, and more.

• Coverage is for the valid term of the new vehicle warranty USA / Canada
  • Tow coverage is provided for any warranty covered disablement.
  • Covered disablements will be towed to the nearest Authorized Lotus Repair Center at NO COST to the customer regardless of miles.
  • The tow provider will attempt to resolve the consumers issue on the spot, but if unable, they will tow the vehicle to the nearest Authorized Lotus Repair Center.
  • Non-tow related inclusions / offerings listed below:
    • Standard / basic auto Lockout (locksmith services extra)
    • Flat Tire (Can install customer provided spare. Tire replacement cost is ineligible)
    • Jump Start (Battery replacement is ineligible)
    • Winch Services
    • Short Term Mobility
    • Transport
    • Fuel delivery (fuel cost is ineligible)
    • Even trip interruption coverage if eligible (i.e. lodging, rental car, meals, & such)
  • 1 (888) 462 - 5210 USA

1 (888) 462 - 5610 CA
"

"Hello Lotus Roadside Assistance. When will my tow be here?"
"Soon!"

BTW: Everyone can pretty much stop checking the CARB website for updates, the last two updates I’ve seen haven’t had any same day executive order to website updates. The range has been anything from 2 months to a week. Again, executive order date is not the same date as website update.

This means that likely the flow of information will be from CARB to Lotus in Hethel to Lotus US & dealers in a dealer meeting. you know, the usual. Expect information to disseminate like it has in the past, for better or for worse.

BTW: Everyone can pretty much stop checking the CARB website for updates, the last two updates I’ve seen haven’t had any same day executive order to website updates. The range has been anything from 2 months to a week. Again, executive order date is not the same date as website update.

This means that likely the flow of information will be from CARB to Lotus in Hethel to Lotus US & dealers in a dealer meeting. you know, the usual. Expect information to disseminate like it has in the past, for better or for worse.
We’re going with there is a dealer meeting prior to someone on the forum notifying the dealers? I’d be more confident in a dealer meeting occurring because of one of the forums telling the dealers it passed than Lotus setting up that meeting.

I h am red my read all of this thread so can I ask, if you put down a $5000 deposit does you purchase price stay the same or go up if Lotus has price rises?
I don’t know how you guys can stand it because I nearly didn’t buy my last Audi when told it was a 9 month waiting list.
There has been so much that has happened since the deposit if you did it in 2021 that the whiny about a price increase with it a signed contract is really a bunch of whining.

We put out money down in 2021 at some point not sure when. At that point we were even sure if we’d get one because the dealers didn’t know the allocation. If I remember right they just knew about the number of FE1s getting made. They bumped that number up and then when they announced there would be an FE2 we ended up getting picked up in that build group.

What has screwed up the conversation which is still 100 percent Lotus’s fault is that if they actually got the Fe1’s delivered when they should have no one would have said anything about a price increase over model years it happens all the time. However when you deliver the same car at the same time only with a few different colors people but different prices people are going wtf.

Realistically if Lotus even broke even on fe1 in the US I would be shocked. Margins on most cars just aren’t that high. Add the low volume nature, interest rates, inflation, supply chain issues. They needed the price increase. We’re still undecided, hell we haven’t even drove the car and I’d like a test drive before we drop 110k on a car. But the actual price and the increase doesn’t bother me.

Now if it was dealer MSRP games or something like that, we would have already called them up to go shove it.

Our luck may be such that Lotus misses their notification email and learns about their approval via this forum, days/weeks later when it is finally posted publicly.