• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Hey just hung up with my dealership. Lotus will have promotional financing and special leasing options…
Carb pasted… We can pick up are cars as soon as the paperwork is ready!!!

Would posting this be like yelling fire 🔥 in a movie theater 🎭

Mods please sentence this man to death. ☠️

So my dealer said feb 12 to March 12. Other dealer in a different state I just called said feb 13 to March 16… honestly I think they are just making guesses out of their 🍑
So how many other dealerships around the county are you going to call to make sure of the different expected dates for CARB Certification.:unsure:

Hey. You got any of them Emiras yet??
1707863462445.png

So how many other dealerships around the county are you going to call to make sure of the different expected dates for CARB Certification.:unsure:
I didn’t call to ask about CARB, I called to see what they had available and in stock ready to be sold and for how much for when CARB is approved and they mentioned these dates… if you MUST know everything 🤔

I didn’t call to ask about CARB, I called to see what they had available and in stock ready to be sold and for how much for when CARB is approved and they mentioned these dates… if you MUST know everything 🤔
Did not mean to upset you.
I also thought you mentioned some where that you had ordered a car from Lotus of Dallas so was curious as to why you were calling other dealers

Did not mean to upset you.
I also thought you mentioned some where that you had ordered a car from Lotus of Dallas so was curious as to why you were calling other dealers
No worries 😉 I do have a car in Dallas but they are charging $10k over NEW MSRP so I’m looking at other options if even possible or available. I would prefer to put that extra $10k towards something else if possible like new wheels or fun stuff for the emira but if I don’t find anything at MSRP (even with the MSRP increase) then I’ll bite the bullet and get it from Dallas as soon as CARB is a go 👍

What will happen in 2024? 16th century seer Nostradamus predicts naval war, climatic catastrophe, rise of a new monarch in Britain, and Lotus Emira deliveries in the U.S. as follows:
1 April 2024: FE 1.0 V6 Manual deliveries start
29 April 2024: FE 2.0 V6 Manual deliveries start
3 June 2024: FE 1.0 V6 Auto deliveries start
1 July 2024: FE 2.0 V6 Auto deliveries start
7 Oct 2024: US Lotus website Emira Base(MY 2025)configurator on line
2 Dec 2024: FE I4 PDK (MY 2025) deliveries start
16 Dec 2024: CARB Website updated with Lotus Emira (V6) Certification

Just a thought…
I’m considering taking an FE 2.0 slot offered to me this week at Boardwalk.
I’ve narrowed down my color choices to Nimbus Grey or Vivid Red. NG was part of the original FE 1.0 color group. VR was part of the later second FE 2.0 color group and therefore closer in time to the eventual production of the base model. I asked my salesperson if I like both colors the same which color costs Lotus more in production. Answer: NG because of the metallic. Furthermore I learned from my salesperson that the “free” or standard colors of the Evora were a flat red (Formula Red) and flat white (Monaco White) similar to the flat red (VR) and the flat white (Mist White) offered in the Emira FE 2.0 color options.
If the FE is presumably more expensive than the base and ticks every option box including paint would it be wiser to select a metallic paint like NG over a flat color like VR which may wind up as free/standard color for the eventual base model?

(Not trying to put down anyone’s preferred choice in color, you like what you like, if it makes you happy that’s what matters)

Just a thought…
I’ve narrowed down my color choices to Nimbus Grey or Vivid Red. NG was part of the original FE 1.0 color group. VR was part of the later second FE 2.0 color group and therefore closer in time to the eventual production of the base model. I asked my salesperson if I like both colors the same which color costs Lotus more in production. Answer: NG because of the metallic. Furthermore I learned from my salesperson that the “free” or standard colors of the Evora were a flat red (Formula Red) and flat white (Monaco White) similar to the flat red (VR) and the flat white (Mist White) offered in the Emira FE 2.0 color options.
If the FE is presumably more expensive than the base and ticks every option box including paint would it be wiser to select a metallic paint like NG over a flat color like VR which may wind up as free/standard color for the eventual base model?

(Not trying to put down anyone’s preferred choice in color, you like what you like, if it makes you happy that’s what matters)
I went with NG as well, I think it looks stunning and really shows the lines well.

Just a thought…

Red fades and shows a lot. If going NG, I recommend red calipers and red seat stitching. It looks awesome.

Hey just hung up with my dealership. Lotus will have promotional financing and special leasing options…
Carb pasted… We can pick up are cars as soon as the paperwork is ready!!!

Would posting this be like yelling fire 🔥 in a movie theater 🎭
Carb pasted - This just wishful thinking .
We can dream right?

Dealership did say that lotus will be announcing promotional financing and leasing options…. What is promotional is in the US may be out of the question in England…

Just a thought…

It would be wise to pick a color you like. You have to live with it every time you look at it, and you will never think about how one color option is “better” because it costs more.

What will happen in 2024? 16th century seer Nostradamus predicts naval war, climatic catastrophe, rise of a new monarch in Britain, and Lotus Emira deliveries in the U.S. as follows:
1 April 2024: FE 1.0 V6 Manual deliveries start
29 April 2024: FE 2.0 V6 Manual deliveries start
3 June 2024: FE 1.0 V6 Auto deliveries start
1 July 2024: FE 2.0 V6 Auto deliveries start
7 Oct 2024: US Lotus website Emira Base(MY 2025)configurator on line
2 Dec 2024: FE I4 PDK (MY 2025) deliveries start
16 Dec 2024: CARB Website updated with Lotus Emira (V6) Certification
I’m pretty sure the great Nostradamus predicted FE2.0s would be delivered before FE1.0s. Other than that, spot on. 😅

While we're all spinning our wheels waiting for CARB without much else to talk about, I was wondering if those of you who've received VINs could tell me when in the process you received them. Start of your build, sometime in the middle, end of the build,. once your car was on a boat, or some other timeframe? Also did these come by way of Hethel pushing this info to your dealer on their own without any request by you,, or as the result of you bugging the snot out of them, or something in between?

While we're all spinning our wheels waiting for CARB without much else to talk about, I was wondering if those of you who've received VINs could tell me when in the process you received them. Start of your build, sometime in the middle, end of the build,. once your car was on a boat, or some other timeframe? Also did these come by way of Hethel pushing this info to your dealer on their own without any request by you,, or as the result of you bugging the snot out of them, or something in between?
Received VIN from the dealer, after build but before shipment, but it required me bugging the dealer to get any meaningful or specific/explicit info.

Last edited:
Received my vin from the dealer on January 18th when the build was complete.
The car has not shipped yet (afaik)

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back