• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Deposit: July 2021
Locked in order: August 2023
Expected Arrival Date: Mid Feb to Mar 2024 (according to the dealer)
Actual Arrival Date: Dec 2023

Received my VIN when the car arrived at the dealer in late December unexpectedly.

Attachments

• IMG_2526.jpg
    IMG_2526.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 87
While we're all spinning our wheels waiting for CARB without much else to talk about, I was wondering if those of you who've received VINs could tell me when in the process you received them. Start of your build, sometime in the middle, end of the build,. once your car was on a boat, or some other timeframe? Also did these come by way of Hethel pushing this info to your dealer on their own without any request by you,, or as the result of you bugging the snot out of them, or something in between?
Got mine when the dealership never it was on the boat 😊

After asking, my dealer was able to get my VIN and said all they knew was that the car was either at port, or on a ship on its way to port. My dealer is Park Place in Bellevue, WA a CARB state. I have not received the gift from Lotus.

Deposit: July 2021
Locked in order: August 2023
Expected Arrival Date: Mid Feb to Mar 2024 (according to the dealer)
Actual Arrival Date: Dec 2023

Received my VIN when the car arrived at the dealer in late December unexpectedly.
That was me almost exactly. Love the car.

Just a thought…
I’m considering taking an FE 2.0 slot offered to me this week at Boardwalk.
I’ve narrowed down my color choices to Nimbus Grey or Vivid Red. NG was part of the original FE 1.0 color group. VR was part of the later second FE 2.0 color group and therefore closer in time to the eventual production of the base model. I asked my salesperson if I like both colors the same which color costs Lotus more in production. Answer: NG because of the metallic. Furthermore I learned from my salesperson that the “free” or standard colors of the Evora were a flat red (Formula Red) and flat white (Monaco White) similar to the flat red (VR) and the flat white (Mist White) offered in the Emira FE 2.0 color options.
If the FE is presumably more expensive than the base and ticks every option box including paint would it be wiser to select a metallic paint like NG over a flat color like VR which may wind up as free/standard color for the eventual base model?

(Not trying to put down anyone’s preferred choice in color, you like what you like, if it makes you happy that’s what matters)
NG over lipstick red for me.

No worries 😉 I do have a car in Dallas but they are charging $10k over NEW MSRP so I’m looking at other options if even possible or available. I would prefer to put that extra $10k towards something else if possible like new wheels or fun stuff for the emira but if I don’t find anything at MSRP (even with the MSRP increase) then I’ll bite the bullet and get it from Dallas as soon as CARB is a go 👍
I'm pulling for you to find one at MSRP. I hate the entire concept of ADM. Hell, I never paid MSRP on a vehicle until this one and even that seems wrong! Let us know what you're looking for in case a forum member comes across something.

While we're all spinning our wheels waiting for CARB without much else to talk about, I was wondering if those of you who've received VINs could tell me when in the process you received them. Start of your build, sometime in the middle, end of the build,. once your car was on a boat, or some other timeframe? Also did these come by way of Hethel pushing this info to your dealer on their own without any request by you,, or as the result of you bugging the snot out of them, or something in between?
Received pictures of car including VIN from dealer when car was unexpectedly sitting on his lot. FE 2.0 which I was told had a January build according to Lotus (good screw up for a change). Gift not received.

I'm pulling for you to find one at MSRP. I hate the entire concept of ADM. Hell, I never paid MSRP on a vehicle until this one and even that seems wrong! Let us know what you're looking for in case a forum member comes across something.
Thanks! Yeah it sucks but it’s the name of the game for them, I get it. I would rather avoid if possible.
I’m looking for a shadow gray, zync gray or nimbus gray car with black or tan interior (preferably black alcantara). Wheels don’t matter much since I will change them and calipers can be painted. Black roof and privacy glass would be good but not mandatory. Thanks 🙏

Me neither
Has anyone in a CARB state, whose car is not at their dealer waiting, received a gift?
Yes. I'm in California. My car is supposedly being built this month. I have received my gift. I'm an FE 2.0.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back