• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Insider look at who runs Lotus PR and outreach apparently.
emira monkey.gif

Terrible timing to send a redundant email when expecting CARB news.

We have one or more dealers on this forum - as a separate question from the carb thing, when is the next schedule dealer info meeting? I'd imagine we would either have an impromptu meeting scheduled or just the regularly scheduled next meeting to look forward to.

No gift yet. I don't really care about the stuff, it's just annoying I'm an 8/2/21 deposit and still getting no love. Alas, worse problems to have.

The team at Lotus Vancouver has been pretty fantastic tho, they have been transparent with me since deposit July 21, to allocations to dates and each delay (as well as frustration). Sucks that they are also a "victim" of Lotus headquarters.

Me neither
Has anyone in a CARB state, whose car is not at their dealer waiting, received a gift?
I received my gift on 2/4. CARB state with a capital C, California. Submitted my final config early Dec 2023 for FE 2.0, so expecting my build has not yet started. Sorry for those who did not get the gift. In case it matters, I've had a reasonably active email dialog with my dealer, and received an email from him on Jan 18 asking me to confirm my mailing address as Lotus would be sending a gift. FWIW, it seemed to be a cut and paste email, not personalized to me in any way.

Well... these are not Emiras, but 45 Eletres have arrived:

1707954403632.png

Are these being used to off-set the emissions for Emiras to achieve CARB approval?

Edit: I don't believe in coincidences. These cars arrived on 2/12, which is curiously the start of the 2/12-3/13 period we've heard about. Once these Eletres clear customs and are delivered to dealers, they would be counted towards fleet average?

Edit edit: It's curious these are 2023 cars. Are they intended to be permanent dealer demos? They came from Antwerp Belgium instead of China. The NHTSA still does not have any VIN/Model information for the Eletre. Needless to say, there is also no CARB/EPA info on these cars.

Last edited:
lol, if lotus is betting on this for CARB...LOL. Will people get their Eletres before the EMIRA?!

View attachment 37187

Are these being used to off-set the emissions for Emiras to achieve CARB approval?

Edit: I don't believe in coincidences. These cars arrived on 2/12, which is curiously the start of the 2/12-3/13 period we've heard about. Once these Eletres clear customs and are delivered to dealers, they would be counted towards fleet average?

Edit edit: It's curious these are 2023 cars. Are they intended to be permanent dealer demos? They came from Antwerp Belgium instead of China. The NHTSA still does not have any VIN/Model information for the Eletre. Needless to say, there is also no CARB/EPA info on these cars.

Almost 3 metric tons each! Add lightness indeed.

View attachment 37187

Now for some math…What is the minimum number of Eletres needed to offset the current compliment of Emiras in the U.S.? 🤣

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back