• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Well... these are not Emiras, but 45 Eletres have arrived:

View attachment 37187

Are these being used to off-set the emissions for Emiras to achieve CARB approval?

Edit: I don't believe in coincidences. These cars arrived on 2/12, which is curiously the start of the 2/12-3/13 period we've heard about. Once these Eletres clear customs and are delivered to dealers, they would be counted towards fleet average?

Edit edit: It's curious these are 2023 cars. Are they intended to be permanent dealer demos? They came from Antwerp Belgium instead of China. The NHTSA still does not have any VIN/Model information for the Eletre. Needless to say, there is also no CARB/EPA info on these cars.
100%

I received my gift on 2/4. CARB state with a capital C, California. Submitted my final config early Dec 2023 for FE 2.0, so expecting my build has not yet started. Sorry for those who did not get the gift. In case it matters, I've had a reasonably active email dialog with my dealer, and received an email from him on Jan 18 asking me to confirm my mailing address as Lotus would be sending a gift. FWIW, it seemed to be a cut and paste email, not personalized to me in any way.
Just submitted my Final Build for the FE 2.0/Final Deposit of 10k (non-refundable) early this week! Who knows when it'll be built, but my sales rep says he believe June for August delivery

lol, if lotus is betting on this for CARB...LOL. Will people get their Eletres before the EMIRA?!
It worked for Ford and it is the reason they have V8 Mustangs. The following is an excerpt from the article I linked below.

"Mr Farley {Ford CEO} says the success of the Mustang Mach-E – the electric SUV which bears the same name as its two-door sibling – and the F-150 Lightning has allowed the two-door Mustang to stay in production due to the emissions offset created by the battery-powered models."

I have the first deposit for the Eletre at my dealer and absolutely no word of so much as specking one. If 45 have arrived those must be all the NA dealer cars.

A
lol, if lotus is betting on this for CARB...LOL. Will people get their Eletres before the EMIRA?!
as soon as the dealers pay for the Eletre’s it counts as a sale towards Lotus fleet average, it does not need to be to a registered customer - it is a known fact that manufacturers like ford have given heavy discounts for their dealer network to purchase EVs before EOY.

I have the first deposit for the Eletre at my dealer and absolutely no word of so much as specking one. If 45 have arrived those must be all the NA dealer cars.

I'm thinking that's the most likely scenario. I am growing doubtful that these are end customer cars. But I'm not clear about CARB rules about fleet averaging, do cars owned by dealerships count?

I'm thinking that's the most likely scenario. I am growing doubtful that these are end customer cars. But I'm not clear about CARB rules about fleet averaging, do cars owned by dealerships count?
45 is about the dealer network count. Probably demo cars and will stay owned by Lotus US for a year, but live at dealerships and then dumped in Mexican/south American market

Yes. I'm in California. My car is supposedly being built this month. I have received my gift. I'm an FE 2.0.
LOL, my FE 1.0 has been sitting on the dealer lot in NC since December awaiting CARB. Still no gift along with no expectations of receiving one. Yes, I did get the e-mail back when they were first being sent out.

I received my gift on 2/4. CARB state with a capital C, California. Submitted my final config early Dec 2023 for FE 2.0, so expecting my build has not yet started. Sorry for those who did not get the gift. In case it matters, I've had a reasonably active email dialog with my dealer, and received an email from him on Jan 18 asking me to confirm my mailing address as Lotus would be sending a gift. FWIW, it seemed to be a cut and paste email, not personalized to me in any way.
What dealer did you go with? How long from initial deposit to submitting final configuration. I just submitted a deposit with Eurocar in OC. Told may get my car by years end, thought I’m taming my expectations. I would have done so sooner but following this thread from a while back I decided it’s best to have my money in the market. Now that deliveries seem to be “imminent” I decided to place my deposit. Super excited!

The Daily Telegraph is reporting this morning that thousands of luxury cars have been impounded at US ports due to concerns they contain parts made through forced labour in China - anybody know if Lotus has been impacted?

The Daily Telegraph is reporting this morning that thousands of luxury cars have been impounded at US ports due to concerns they contain parts made through forced labour in China - anybody know if Lotus has been impacted?
No, it's VW Group vehicles that contain some specific parts. In particular it's related to some kind of joint venture with SAIC. Unrelated to Geely.

They were not named in the story I saw, so I believe no. Mainly Volkswagen Group cars

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back