USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Sounds like we have a long way to go today. I hope they people at the board had a good weekend,

They opened an hour and 34 minutes ago, what could be more important than the Emira certification? After a quick google search, they have really bad reviews.... 2.3 out of 5.

The CARB site has been updating every 2 weeks. Although the say normal cadence is once a month. Last update was on 2/2 with data as of 1/30. I don't expect the next update until the end of this week at the earliest.

I think it’s possible that Lotus gets green light to start delivering before the website is updated though, so I don't think we should focus on it too much. The website is just public facing data, EOs are approved before the website reflects it.

Last edited:
In that case I'm on to refreshing this page every few minutes. Waiting on the random post from someone that knows someone on the inside......

Know amount of being mad at CARB will help will get them to move quicker than what they want.
Believe me your dealership will contact you as soon as they get the word.
They have millions tied up and us to get the cars asap they get the word from lotus they can release the cars
Calling you dealership will not help their hands are tied

Know amount of being mad at CARB will help will get them to move quicker than what they want.
Believe me your dealership will contact you as soon as they get the word.
They have millions tied up and us to get the cars asap they get the word from lotus they can release the cars
Calling you dealership will not help their hands are tied
I agree with you 100%, Today I am just part of the games! Enjoying the process on my end.

im not going to run a front plate. i havent on my current car either for 4-5 years and only got a warning once
TX here. When my turn comes up I’m going to politely ask to not have a front bracket installed by the dealer if that’s allowed.

TX here. When my turn comes up I’m going to politely ask to not have a front bracket installed by the dealer if that’s allowed.
i dont think thats a problem. pretty normal for high end cars in TX to not come with front brackets

I didn’t have a front plate on my i8 for 3 years then on my i8 roadster for another 2. Never got a ticket for it. I don’t think they care here in Houston unless they want to use that to stop you if they have suspicions about something else. Also if you drive stupid they will definitely add that to the list of tickets on top of the speeding ticket but I don’t think they enforce it as a main offense. Same goes for window tint. I had 5% all around on my jaguar back in the days and was only “warned about it”. I wouldn’t do that anymore anyways I couldn’t see 💩 at night 😂

Last edited:
I didn’t have a front plate on my i8 for 3 years then on my i8 roadster for another 2. Never got a ticket for it. I don’t think they care here in Houston unless they want to use that to stop you if they have suspicions about something else. Also if you drive stupid they will definitely add that to the list of tickets on top of the speeding ticket but I don’t think they enforce it as a main offense. Same goes for window tint. I had 5% all around on my jaguar back in the days and was only “warned about it”. I wouldn’t do that anymore anyways I couldn’t see 💩 at night 😂
Off topic - belongs in the @look what I can buy for $(…..) thread.
How did you find the i8? Would you recommend as a used vehicle?

IMG_7293.jpeg

First i8 coupe was nothing but problem but second one (pictured here) was the roadster edition and o had zero problems. Very comfortable ride, great daily driver however I would no recommend a used one at all. The moment my cars were out of warranty I sold them off. Nobody other than bmw can work on these. You can’t even open the hood, you need 2 people with a special tech key on each side of the car.
Car was also slow. Not a big deal as I have other fast toys but for its looks, it was underwhelming power wise.
I did really like the roadster but I saw depreciation coming full speed and dumped it at the right time. If I EVER get my Emira… one day, I will not miss the i8. It was a fun car back then but it lost its wow factors when pretty much anybody could buy one for $45k

I have never had front plates on any cars I have ever owned. In last 20 years
Got pulled over one by police in a very small town. Just had to put them on then go to DMV and show them. No fine
Took them after that

Guys... I just watched my Kansas City Chiefs win Back to Back Super Bowls. This has to be a sign that I'm on a personal heater and that cars will pass Feb. 12th the next day...
Taylor is an EV lover, climate change activist, etc. TK deserves the criticism

Here’s another on facebook. Not sure the full story - customer states he was in before the price change, dealer says otherwise so he’s dropping out at the current MSRP. For anyone looking to jump the line for a white Emira:

IMG_0828.jpeg

View attachment 37085
First i8 coupe was nothing but problem but second one (pictured here) was the roadster edition and o had zero problems. Very comfortable ride, great daily driver however I would no recommend a used one at all. The moment my cars were out of warranty I sold them off. Nobody other than bmw can work on these. You can’t even open the hood, you need 2 people with a special tech key on each side of the car.
Car was also slow. Not a big deal as I have other fast toys but for its looks, it was underwhelming power wise.
I did really like the roadster but I saw depreciation coming full speed and dumped it at the right time. If I EVER get my Emira… one day, I will not miss the i8. It was a fun car back then but it lost its wow factors when pretty much anybody could buy one for $45k
Thank you, surprised you called it slow with the electric assist to get up to speed. Top speed was probably dog water. Yea, they are affordable now, that’s why I asked; appreciate the warning.
⚠️

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back