• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I wonder if the dealer would let me go down there and ceramic coat the car while it'sitting. What's the chance they would let me use their wash bay and a spot inside somewhere...
You probably need paint correction before ceramic coating so I doubt they will let you do all that job at their place lol

Mine sitting inside in Orlando and I’m glad there is no cats 🐈 on it 🤣
72851497704__95ED5AC5-309B-481F-AEF1-5AA11C4D536C.jpeg

I am literally watching every Emira youtube video on repeat dating back to the summer of 2021. I am so excited about my ICE GREY interior. I haven't had an update from my dealer since December when he said plan for March or April. I forgot the individuals post on here but he talked about all the cars he test drove and that the Emira was his favorite. His post has really stuck with me. I just look around and nobody is making these cars so I am glad Lotus is still mid engine manual for the drivers. I do want the brand to sell a lot of Electres and I want the Type 135 EV (or whatever it is) to be a huge success. I am going to see the Electre next weekend so I am excited about that. Almost there indeed! When I get the call I will act just like a contestant from the Price is Right. "Pegasi, come on down!!!"
Totally love your post, it’s an amazing thing when we control, what we can control…. Our reactions to external events… I will be doing the fire drill run when I get the call 📞 Magma red

Going to be fantastic 🎉🎁🎂🍷🎊🎈

Attachments

• FDCCCC66-AF66-4B50-A21F-94C1EC933E15.jpeg
    FDCCCC66-AF66-4B50-A21F-94C1EC933E15.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 103

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240217_001618_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240217_001618_Chrome.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_20240217_001742_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240217_001742_Chrome.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 116
IDK…It looks off to me too. Mine for comparison:

Hm.. Maybe it's the lighting. It does look a little more indented near the corner of the taillight. I think they all do that a bit, but it does seem more pronounced on that Seneca Blue one above.

1000016874.jpg

1000016876.jpg

Hey all. I’m in a bit of a dilemma here.

I ordered a vivid red Emira with the auto trans and touring suspension. While ETA for automatic 2.0s is unknown…. My dealer texted me today asking if I wanted a zinc 2.0 that’s on the lot, with the manual and sport suspension instead.

Essentially, it’s the complete opposite of what I ordered… but an opportunity to secure and enjoy an Emira much sooner (with a proper transmission that’s $2k less as well).

I’m torn - I really wanted that baby Ferrari red/tan combo, but I’ve also heard the auto isn’t good. This zinc looks really cool and I’ve never had such a color.

IMG_0273.jpeg

I ordered a vivid red Emira with the auto trans and touring suspension. While ETA for automatic 2.0s is unknown…. My dealer texted me today asking if I wanted a zinc 2.0 that’s on the lot, with the manual and sport suspension instead.

Essentially, it’s the complete opposite of what I ordered… but an opportunity to secure and enjoy an Emira much sooner (with a proper transmission that’s $2k less as well).

I’m torn - I really wanted that baby Ferrari red/tan combo, but I’ve also heard the auto isn’t good. This zinc looks really cool and I’ve never had such a color.

View attachment 37291
It's a lot of money not to get what you want color etc. Sounds like you want Ferrari color spec. This is a different look and will attract a slightly different crowd imo. I wouldn't wait for the auto(b/c ...lotus), but I'd personally wait for the look my instinct wants. But if you don't care about that, have fun with the car early.

Just got back from the auto show which started today, Gentry is set up there so that’s why you won’t be getting the normal folks at the dealership.

They really don’t know anything we don’t know, and he did tell me there’s a rep for Canada so that’s why they may not get the same updates as the US dealers. Lotus really left a mess for dealers to clean up sending that e-mail telling everyone a few weeks. I think the discrepancy is that Gentry is honest and trying to set proper expectations while some dealers may just try to get the business and give you the best case old news from Lotus that’s no longer accurate lol.

Their cars are still in the US, nothing here yet. 15 or so which I believe are all the FE 1s. Got an update that mine looks to now be in production (March slot V6 manual). I believe a bunch of FE 2s are produced and awaiting shipment, while some are still open (not in production yet). It also sounds like allotments we’ve heard about have just been given to dealers for final FEs.

A couple notes from the show, Lotus set up in the exotics section, Emira getting tons of attention relative to others (most ppl don’t know what it is). Seeing it in person the front end is so much wider and muscular than pictures do justice.
Yes he did mention my usual guy was at a show. Goodluck. Thanks for the information.

View attachment 37291
As I have stated before, the Auto in the Evora (assume it's the same as Emira) is excellent if you are a regular driver like me. IMO for a weekend car I am 50/50 manual or auto. Driving mountain roads I like the sense of just keeping my hands on the wheel and shifting. My daily is a manual STI so I love shifting that in traffic, on ramps, low speed driving etc but I don't need that on the weekend. If you are a track or experienced driver I have no advice for you because drivers like that have specific performance desires/needs.

I do like the Zinc in this car. My opinion is this, if you are like most of us and you are buying this car to keep I would wait for the Vivid Auto. If something happens to your allocation you can always pick up a used Emira, or just wait for a Vivid manual to come available.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back